No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » progress update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author progress update?
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-11-24 10:26   
actually, i bet he means the torp MD

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-26 11:00   
I'm going to be honest here goth..

You have know idea what gameplay should be, because your views are so skewed by your ignorant chain of thoughts. You honestly believe that anything against you should be nerfed, and what works for you should get the uber-stick.

Here's how gameplay should end up..

Scouts - Small, Fast, and VERY weak. Ment to be used in specific roles (aka Beaconing).

Dessies - Fast and weak on armor, but they have moderate fire power. A single dessie, no matter of class, will be able to handle a cruiser and up. A pack of dessies, how ever, can easily handle a dread due to their combined firepower and overwhelming speed.

Cruisers - The medium ship, so to speak. They have decent armor and weapons, but still cannot handle a dread on it's own. Like a dessie, a pack of cruisers can handle a dread and up.

Dreads - The powerhouses. These will end up having the best firepower, the best armor, and slowest speed out of the ships. (I dont consider stations ships..). One of these can handle most things, except packs of ships.

Stations - These will end up being like a deathstar (No planet explosions ). They'll sit back and fling fighters/missles/cannons at you, while resupping their fleet. They wont go to fast, but they'll have bulked armor.

Now, for actual gameplay..

Combat will be fast and fun, and require the skill needed to be an effective pilot. Yes, this means all of you who 'abused' bombing to gain rank will have a hard time at the beginning, but I dont think combat will be too hard to pick up.

Bombing will be hard, and fun. It wont be a one man job, and it wont be a two man job. It'll need a small fleet of it's own to get a planet bombed, and a full scale operation to take a major system. (No more 'Wtf systems all nuked?' in two hours.)

Building will be..uh, about the same! Same with Resupplying ships..

Modding will end up being simple. Ships will already have a set level restriction, and a set list of items they can use. (Cannons are swapped with different cannons of that factions technology, and so on with other weapons). ICC cant use UGTO or K'luth technology, same with the other factions..

And no Goth, just because players bombed alot doesnt give the admins reason to edit their profiles and prestige.

Email Supertrooper
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-27 23:29   
If you actually read the agreement you signed, it says that the admins can and will edit your profile if they feel the need too..so before you start an arguement with me just keep that in mind, Admins have the power to Edit your profile dont think they can? just Read the Terms Of Use you fracking signed and then we'll see heh

Email GothThug {C?}
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-28 07:59   
He is right in that aspect. PaleStar reserves the right to make any changes to any profile at any time without your consent. But, that doesn't mean they will.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.007702 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR