No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +5.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

15th - Rise

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Funny "small" people
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Funny "small" people
Nemain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-25 11:44   
But, if all you do is attack him the same way he attacks you, I would call you a moron too(not that I am). If someone "calls you a name" are you really any more mature than him if you do the same back to him? The only way things like this stop is if people stop calling each other names or insulting them. Yes, he could go about this another way, but so could all of you. Patronizing someone that clearly is not happy with the current situation only serves to complicate it even more. I think that Feral was the only one who understood this. It could have ended right there, but everyone had to jump on the bandwagon and attack Reeves. If you had all simply ignored his "insults" it never would have went past that one message of his. You cannot change the past, or his future actions. As I have said in the past, all you can change is yourself(ironic isn't it, me posting this.)
And though Doran is usually mature, I think in this post he could have dealt with it in a more professional manner.
16:38:19 [-Merc-]Nemain: \"Faustus, you are my hero *hugs* lol\"
16:38:48 [Admin]Faustus: \"lol... thanks nemain\"

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-10-25 11:59   
It is true that people could stop attacking him ect, but it wont happen. People are now mad, and as you know, once mad, you tend not to think. I'm sure we all know this. As it stands now, I don't think people are going to stop. If you look at the posts, it's more of defending who he is attacking now. I would like to see it all stop. But if Reeves keeps "attacking", then everyone else will be "defending/attacking", or whatever you would like to call it. This doesn't happen often in DS. Everyone is usually in good spirits, and friendly. But when a thread like this is made, well, that goes away, and rightly so. It would be best though if we ignore this topic. Guys, lets all just walk away, no more reading/replying of the thread, lest we make fools of ourselves. I will not be responding again probably.(Actually this isn't true, I still will) As for Dorans reply, I didn't see anything wrong with it. It looked like he was trying to defuse the situation with a bit of humour. Also, just so you know, we wont get like the EvE forums. That's impossible =P Unless the alts show up. >.>

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-10-25 16:04   
I'm just reading this & wondering A) Who the hell is this guy, I've never seen him in game, in the lobby, or seen him post before this. and B) Why anyone is bothering to talk to him (please, don't bother pointing out the irony of this post )

Seriously, leave this kiddo to himself & the mods. Haven't seen anything here that I haven't gone through myself (except the deletion of posts, but thats 'cause I never posted anything WORTH being deleted.... most of the time...

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-10-25 16:25   
Quote:

On 2006-10-25 16:04, Coeus [LG For Admin!] wrote:
I never posted anything WORTH being deleted.... most of the time...

I call bull! =P

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-25 16:26   
This post confuses me a tid bit. I came in with the generation of new players when 483 was released. I mean my first 2 days were in 482 then I was given some time off waiting for 483 to become fully released. I tell you this beacuse if you take a look at my friends list you will see a wide variety of players. NOT boosting or bragging, but trying to point out that there isn't some division between mods and viets vs new players. I was even that n00b everyone disliked at one point(could still be not sure yet.), but after a few long talks I was shown the ways and befriended. A lot of my better friends in DS are older players, mainly because they a bit more mature, but I still make new friends every week. All in all you get what you put into DS community. If your going to come out throwing punches then people will must likely punch back. Just know that their are a lot of cool people in the comnunity. Like it's been said million times the community is really what is so attractive about DS in my opinon. Lets not forget that.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-25 17:20   
Quote:

Darkspace plays favorites. The sad thing is that nobody will step up(and if they do, this is what happens to them.) In my opinion, Darkspace is the equivalent to a corrupted corporation.

Everyone thinks people leave because of the game itself, but did you ever think that maybe it is because this is an anti-noob game. Not only is it anti-noob, but you treat anyone that refuses to think you are "uber" or think of things the way you think this way.

And as I know I will become a target now(as I suspected from the moment I hit Reply) I will not post any more useless arguments to prove my point.

If you agree, you agree; if you don't, well its obvious you don't, but do not try to change my opinion, and do not flame me, because it will just prove my point.

Okay, so I will dignify this whole topic with a response.

I find the whole lot of this topic to be a bit hypocritical of itself. On one hand we have the original topic poster throwing accusations like one would a baseball and flaming us in first place, so responding in kind really isnt all that suprising. When you flame, insult, or belittle people in DS, dont be so very suprised when they bite right back. They always will.

This is why for example, you see this silly little grammar war. If you all don't have anything better to do than flame each other on the basis of whether or not you can hold the shift key, please, please, take a break.

And now, im going to focus on the quote above, because it kind of stood out to me.

In reality, the DS community is made unfriendly to those that are not liked, namely those who have brought it upon themselves. It is utterly unreasonable to be hated in DS without a very good reason. I have not yet seen a 'vet' (im going to use this term as it seems what have been referred to mostly) openly belittle a noob for a reason beyond that noob being obnoxious or irritating. That just doesnt happen in DS.

In honesty, favoritism doesnt really seem all the prevailant in DS. The "rule of law" applies to everyone, and no one is above the RoC. I will also take note that you havent stated any actual occurances and instead just broad generalities, for if they had actually occured, reporting it would have fixed it very quickly, and not only would have the person being played the favorite gotten hit harder, that mod would most likely not be one anymore.

In reality this just seems like a disgruntled post to me. It might be somewhat less ambiguous Nemain, had you provided examples, you should know well that any arguement kinda falls flat with generalities.

Anyways, about the game being anti-noob, well, its a steep curve of learning. and DS is unique in its rules and its methods, and there are no doubt rude people out there (and those with egos bigger than they should be). There is no doubt that there is a little truth to those statements. There are some people who are indeed like that, mostly some of the newer players of this version.

I, however, don't agree with the Administration of DS being corrupt, because if it were I know I for one, would not be muted as often as I have been. Many people would not have been continually subjected under the RoC regardless of friendships and the like. The RoC is truely, very important in DS and if its violated by yes, moderators too, its perfectly possible to file against them.

Hey and look at that, I managed to do all that without flaming. Points for me indeed! But good luck out there Nemain, it's always good to find some critisism out there.

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.011692 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR