Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lets see the top ten in credits..
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Lets see the top ten in credits..
Archon
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-20 06:08   
*buzz* someone send me credits! */buzz*

~Insanity Is Only The Beginning~

Email Archon
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-20 06:15   
This type of thing isn't really for us players to decide, there's no point to this really - it would of been better had you just asked an admin to take a look at it.

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2006-10-20 06:35   
Quote:

On 2006-10-19 22:53, Womicki wrote:
heres how they got that many credits and yes it is an exploit, one of which im told GT told ppl that he did and still got away with it. why have a RoC if ppl can say they did an exploit and keep what they exploited beats me(maybe thats why GTs nose is brown).,,,but here goes on how to make credits really fast.

grab a tranny load it up with wh devices,(if you cant get those anything of great value will work), this works when theres alot of lag im told, but keep unloading and loading these drive until a spike hits, when one does just keep hitting the u button till lag spike is over, when the lag spike is over im told it will calculate all the times you hit the u button and add the credits to your account, hence why a NooB like goth being back only a year has gotten that many credits

Really, you wouldn't need something like a lag spike all it would take is a program running on your computer. Something that just lags the living hell out of you such as Fraps, or any other method of choice that you know your computer won't run as good while it is activated.

By the way things have been falling apart for the pass few weeks.....I didn't know we still had a RoC.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-20 07:21   
Yes, Jack. As you constantly remind us, we are aware that WE have no power to do anything about any of these things we talk about, but it doesnt hurt to talk about them.

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-20 08:18   

I have some questions and they are to whom ever.

1). Why is it all of a sudden that everyone is jumping on the lets bash Goth?

Fair enough if he has found some sort of exploit then report it to the admin or who ever needs to take care of it and let them do something about it.

2). If at some time Goth had offered any of you some of these would you have taken them?

My guess is of course you would who wouldn't, and if your answer is no my guess is it is only due to the fact that this has all come to light.

Me I mine for all my credits and it has taken a lot of boring time to get what I have, oh yes I have been given some from other players also.

3). Do you people think that these witch hunts could have other effects on other possible players or current players?

4). If someone robs a bank and you are offered some of the takings and you accept the offer, do you think that you are any less to blame for what has happened?

Now i know i am going to get the there is no similarity story for this question, but this is where you re wrong. You see if Goth was offering to give me 300 million credits I would have to ask how the hell he got that much or how he could afford to give that much away. So by accepting that many credits you must have known that something wasnt right and yet you still accepted the credits.

I have just been talking to people on another network about this game and let me tell you not one single person had anything good to say about the game or any of the players (oh except a few that the people know personally)

Look very basically I am not sticking up for Goth because he has caused this for himself but it seems to me that there has been some sort of thing going on between certain playrs and Goth for a while and it is having a ripple effect on other players.

Let me quote part of something I read on a website about this game and the players.

- Countless amounts of bugs. Every player exploits all the possible bugs that are available.

- Game is not noob friendly. Unless you are a part of the "Old Crew," you're treated as a second-class citizen. (Even after a month of playing)

- Playerbase are corrupt. They knowingly exploit bugs without fear of action from the staff / employees.

- Lack of support. Never any moderators in the Lobby, those that arrive don't moderate properly. Emails to staff/PaleStar Employees take weeks to return (if ever.)

Bottom line, a horrible 2D game, not worth playing. Go try the Eve-Online trial.

The above is something that someone wrote on mpogd.com and there are others on other sites that make this look poor in comparison.

I am not saying what is written above is correct but it is what people are seeing before they make their decission whether to come and give DS a try, and personally had I seen that before coming to DS I probably wouldn't have given it a try either.

Nemain
Cadet

Posted: 2006-10-20 11:33   
First of all, codex, if you dont know that it was stolen(in the case of a robbery it is different. I know I wouldnt accept $300k without being suspicious, but in this game, how are you to know it was attained against the RoC?

Quote:

et me quote part of something I read on a website about this game and the players.

- Countless amounts of bugs. Every player exploits all the possible bugs that are available.

- Game is not noob friendly. Unless you are a part of the "Old Crew," you're treated as a second-class citizen. (Even after a month of playing)

- Playerbase are corrupt. They knowingly exploit bugs without fear of action from the staff / employees.

- Lack of support. Never any moderators in the Lobby, those that arrive don't moderate properly. Emails to staff/PaleStar Employees take weeks to return (if ever.)

Bottom line, a horrible 2D game, not worth playing. Go try the Eve-Online trial.

What "website" is all that listed on?

[ This Message was edited by: Nemain on 2006-10-20 11:35 ]
16:38:19 [-Merc-]Nemain: \"Faustus, you are my hero *hugs* lol\"
16:38:48 [Admin]Faustus: \"lol... thanks nemain\"

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-20 11:58   
ok codex, ill bite. why ARE you here?

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-10-20 12:21   
I really hate stirring the pot, and replying to STUPID USELESS POSTS but I'm gonna do it again, because as usual all of the same people seem to be doing the SAME thing over and over. Why don't you people leave GothThug alone? Just so you all know, I don't know him, have talked to him maybe a dozen times in the four and a half years I've been here, but every time I log on, I see people harrasing, insulting, and in general putting him down in the forums, and in the lobby. Regardless of what he has done, this is bothering me (what it does to him i don't know) and I want to see it stopped. To any Admins or Mods that read this, perhaps it is time to start handing out bans to stop this behavior. Goth did not break this game, nor is he the reason behind the state of it at the moment. What I see is usually 3 dedicated individuals that cause AT LEAST as much problems if not MORE than GothThug does. SOMEONE MAKE THE HARASSMENT STOP DAMMIT!

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-10-20 14:09   
We will probably cap the credits at 10 million when we release the next version. It has been done before, and I think it will be necessary to do so again.

As for the comments you refer to, they were posted by a player who got on the wrong side of the DS Staff and got hit hard by the RoC that we are apparently guilty of not enforcing properly.

Go figure..

P.S. - Lets leave the flamewar out of this. We are well aware of the situation, and the individual mentioned knows what actions are necessary to resolve this.

Goto the website of Drafell
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-20 14:47   
Lets see the bottom ten, too, shall we?

KBoom -79211
Shiva -79400
widman -80000
IncursionX22 -117650
rekesh -125581
thomasbear -158800
RNS Defender of Truth -178410
Tebos -182409
infaoxyicon {Please KILL ME!} -532080
doommmy -693900

Clearly, values that are not natural, normal, expected, or desired. Thus, there must be fowl play at work!

Damn those chickens.

Email Shigernafy
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-10-20 15:04   
You could give them the credits from those people in the top 10..

Email Supertrooper
Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-20 15:27   
Quote:

On 2006-10-20 14:09, Dr Drafell Moraxi wrote:
We will probably cap the credits at 10 million when we release the next version. It has been done before, and I think it will be necessary to do so again.

As for the comments you refer to, they were posted by a player who got on the wrong side of the DS Staff and got hit hard by the RoC that we are apparently guilty of not enforcing properly.

Go figure..

P.S. - Lets leave the flamewar out of this. We are well aware of the situation, and the individual mentioned knows what actions are necessary to resolve this.

make it 15 million or 20 million.

or if credits arent needed at all: remove them for good (so they shall never come back)

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-20 15:55   
Quote:

On 2006-10-20 15:04, Crim wrote:
You could give them the credits from those people in the top 10..

best idea this thread

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-10-20 16:40   
Quote:

On 2006-10-20 15:27, Daimen wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-20 14:09, Dr Drafell Moraxi wrote:

Go figure..

make it 15 million or 20 million.

or if credits arent needed at all: remove them for good (so they shall never come back)

There can be a use for them, 10 million is much more than enough.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-10-20 16:45   
Well I dont think people having a high amount of creds is a major problem. I mean what can you do with creds besides moding ships. But modding stations do require credits, which goes into millions, but your still never going to use 1 billion credits . So I agree with maybe putting a cap on cred levels to avoid bug abusers. But the cap should be around 100m, to avoid setting it so low that people run out of creds from smashing stations into planets.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.027332 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR