No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Some Ideas
 Author Some Ideas
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-02 20:26   
Well I think there are some possible additions to improve/ enhance game play.

1. Introduction of a new fighter class
Neutron bombers
Name: Icc and ugto ones will be marked with an extra N following their ship type IE: B-27 N. Luth versions will be called Wasp Bio Hoards.
What: These will be basic fighter bombers but carrying neutron verson of bombs.
Why: Well if you can put neutron versions of bombs on bombers, and you can put mini versions of bombs on fighters, why cant you put mini neutrons on fighters.
Good: This will allow carrier ships to be able to bomb planets without destroying buildings.
Bad: Well other than just taking time to make, I think this is a pretty good idea

2. Give carriers a more combat role (ships carrying high amounts of fighters will become a more important class)
Torpedo Bombers
Name: I think they should be given complete different names to seperate them from bombers.
What: Basic fighter bomber models will be used. "Bomb" dropping distance will be altered to 30 gu from the ships surface. These bombers will drop torpedos rather than bombs, and will be limited to two torpedo drops before refueling.
Who: I think this should be ugto tech only, but it may be a little unfair to other factions, so making this for all factions would work too.
Range: Torpedo bombers will be short ranged attack fighters. Meaning the carrier will be in the middle of the fight, adding emphasis to protecting your carriers, so it will kind of turn it into a flag ship game. I reccomend having a range of only 3k gu or less.
Why: Again, add importance to ships designed to carry fighters, such as stations.
Good: Helps make the game more strategic by making large fighter carrying ships powerful but yet need support due to themselves lacking other weapons.
Bad: If adjusted poorly, may overpower ships with fighterbays.

3. Missles for hitting smaller ships
Name: Rapid Assult Missle (RAM)
What: These will be fast and good tracking missles. They should have double the tracking effectiveness of ITs and be around 150-70 gu speed
Who: This should be ICC tech only
Range: around 500 gu to 1.5k gu would be good in my opinion
Why: These missles will help larger and less manuverable ships be able to still attack slightly weaker ships. Like stations hitting cruisers.
Good: Well large ships will have enhanced fighting abilities against weaker ships.
Bad: May end up being used as not what it was intended to be, and create a new breed of missles that are impossible to avoid and end up overpowering missle ships.

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-11-03 08:26   
Quote:

On 2006-11-02 20:26, doda *P2* (the inactive noob) wrote:

Neutron bombers
Name: Icc and ugto ones will be marked with an extra N following their ship type IE: B-27 N. Luth versions will be called Wasp Bio Hoards.
Why: Well if you can put neutron versions of bombs on bombers, and you can put mini versions of bombs on fighters, why cant you put mini neutrons on fighters.
Good: This will allow carrier ships to be able to bomb planets without destroying buildings.
Bad: Well other than just taking time to make, I think this is a pretty good idea

I am fine with this idea since planet defense will be harder to get by, and bomb blast radius decreased, ect..

2. Give carriers a more combat role (ships carrying high amounts of fighters will become a more important class)
Torpedo Bombers
Name: I think they should be given complete different names to seperate them from bombers.
What: Basic fighter bomber models will be used. "Bomb" dropping distance will be altered to 30 gu from the ships surface. These bombers will drop torpedos rather than bombs, and will be limited to two torpedo drops before refueling.
Who: I think this should be ugto tech only, but it may be a little unfair to other factions, so making this for all factions would work too.
Range: Torpedo bombers will be short ranged attack fighters. Meaning the carrier will be in the middle of the fight, adding emphasis to protecting your carriers, so it will kind of turn it into a flag ship game. I reccomend having a range of only 3k gu or less.
Why: Again, add importance to ships designed to carry fighters, such as stations.
Good: Helps make the game more strategic by making large fighter carrying ships powerful but yet need support due to themselves lacking other weapons.

I think torps should stay with the base ships instead, fighters are better off with cannons, and other fast shooting things.

What: These will be fast and good tracking missles. They should have double the tracking effectiveness of ITs and be around 150-70 gu speed
Why: These missles will help larger and less manuverable ships be able to still attack slightly weaker ships. Like stations hitting cruisers.
Good: Well large ships will have enhanced fighting abilities against weaker ships.
Bad: May end up being used as not what it was intended to be, and create a new breed of missles that are impossible to avoid and end up overpowering missle ships.

Maybe if missles did not have a 3d model with them, but a 2d crossed sprite. Also, no, because of your "bad" note.

[ This Message was edited by: Ospolos on 2006-11-03 08:27 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-11-03 14:54   
Quote:

On 2006-11-02 20:26, doda *P2* (the inactive noob) wrote:

Neutron bombers
Woo! This is something I've been thinking of too, and I'd love to see it! Go doda for the post!

Torpedo Bombers
From what I've played, Carriers (as well as other ships with fighters) are very good in combat. Fighters arent exactly as power as they where in previous versions, but they are stilll pretty powerful.

This is a good idea, actualy. I'm sure Jack,Drafell, or Faustus can come up with code to lock this weapon to where it can only be placed on ships below a destroyer(or destroyer and below), as well as making it strong enough for small ships and rather weak on larger ships..

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-11-03 16:04   
Fighters will only shoot a cannon, bomb or a beam (attack, bomber, interceptor) from 1.484 onwards in an effort to reduce the load on the server - sorry.

Page created in 0.010952 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR