No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

14th - wolf420

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Unknown Error in Client.exe - What to do...
 Author Unknown Error in Client.exe - What to do...
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2006-11-13 16:55   
If you are getting the "Unknown Error" message when trying to launch the game, the following step might help you to resolve the issue.

1) Make sure you have a sound card installed, and the correct drivers for it.

In my experience, 90% of the time this is the cause of the error. DarkSpace requires a sound card and the drivers installed to play - even if you don't actually have any speakers turned on or plugged in.
If your sound usually works OK, goto:

Start >> Control Panel >> System (Make sure you are using Classic View) >> Hardware >> Device Manager

Check to see if any devices have an exclamation or red cross by them, if this is the case, then some devices are not installed properly. You may need to install the correct drivers for these devices before DarkSpace will work correctly.

If you are one of the rare individuals who doesn't happen to have any sounds card in their system, you can try using a virtual sound card driver that fools DarkSpace into thinking you have one installed. An example can be found at
http://www004.upp.so-net.ne.jp/ja1scw/0MixWeb/reaudio5.zip although this has not been tested with DarkSpace.

2) Scan your system for Mal ware

This is sometimes a cause that can prevent DarkSpace from initializing properly due to it tyeing up vital system resources and having other nasty effects on your PC.

Will post other known causes as and when they turn up...

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2007-12-15 17:28 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Lord Thorde
Cadet

Posted: 2006-12-05 09:43   
Hi mod

My names Brendan im a new player and i was trying to install then while it was unpacking the package it came up with error installing ikernel.exe

can you help me out please

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2006-12-05 10:02   
make sure you download the latest version from the Palestar host, the setup you downloaded might be corrupted.

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-10-18 22:39   
Well i have been getting an Client.exe error for a few days. I have checked my settings and seem to be ok on everything. I have played before and don''t know why a sound card might be malfunctioning or something. At first it goes through all the stages and then it goes from a restored view to a maximized view but i can see the toolbar and the top and sides of the windows, instead of the full black screen. Then a Client.exe error comes up and exits the program and back to GCQL. Any help appreciated.

Your FunkyMonke,
Junky

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-19 06:54   
Quote:

On 2007-10-18 22:39, Junky the FunkyMonke wrote:
Well i have been getting an Client.exe error for a few days. I have checked my settings and seem to be ok on everything. I have played before and don''t know why a sound card might be malfunctioning or something. At first it goes through all the stages and then it goes from a restored view to a maximized view but i can see the toolbar and the top and sides of the windows, instead of the full black screen. Then a Client.exe error comes up and exits the program and back to GCQL. Any help appreciated.

Well, have you installed any kind of new games lately, or anything else(graphics drivers, etc?)

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-10-19 18:41   
Yes installed BattleField 2142 and BattleField 2

[ This Message was edited by: Junky the FunkyMonke on 2007-10-19 18:42 ]

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-19 22:09   
Oh ya and I also now cannot copy and paste from GCQL.

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-20 11:14   
bump

[ This Message was edited by: Junky the FunkyMonke on 2007-10-20 12:33 ]

Page created in 0.011847 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR