No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » General Tech...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author General Tech...
JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-05 00:19   
Ok, I doubt I will find any help here... but here it goes. So my mom bought a new iPod for her store (told her she could put hundreds of songs on one and let it run for days without hearing a repeat. So she buys one, what does she want now? Help getting it up and running on her computer. so I get the software installed on her computer... and while I'm doing this I think, " Hey, I'm going to reformat the drive on my computer while I am waiting for this." I plug it into my computer and I IMMEDIATELY my iTunes freezes, both my monitors go blank, my G15 Keyboard goes dark. So I immediately shut it down. I restart and it tells me that the Bios is crashed and it looks for a recovery disk. I put the disk in and restart so it finds the disk and it skips that screen and then starts to load windows. Windows freezes while loading and tells me that the system32 is screwed up and shuts down. Now the bios is screwed up again. It reads the disk and reformats my bios and reprograms it. It then tells me that I failed at overclocking (@#$#%$# IPOD OVERLOADED MY PC!). and I tell it to go back to its default settings. Everything in Bios is reading correctly, all my hardware seems to be showing. I start up windows and after it passes the initial loading screen it gives me the blue screen of death (which doesn't suprise me, i pulled my old keyboard out of its plug at that time which I know screws up loading). So I restart yet again, and it freezes on the initial loading screen, again it does the same thing after a restart... and again 4 more times. Now at this point it freezes at the initial bios loading screen.... So I think," Hey, maybe the mobo just needs to cool down" so I leave it sitting for afew hours. Now, everything seems to load up except... I'm not getting any video. I'm currently in the middle of switching out my power supply to scratch one possible cause off the list. Anyways, I'm wondering... anyone have any seggestions? I'm trying to fix this without going out and buying a new mobo (I really like my current one )

Email JackCrackerMan
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-05 01:04   
open ur pc up and take off the CMOS battery. then put the battery back in,
all ur settings for the computer, hardware, time n date. everything will be whiped. that should whipe out any of the curruption u have in ur bootstrap loader ur using to boot up XP.
if that doesnt work, it is ur boot device thats malfuncationing. either ur ROM or ur hard drive, make sure ur bios is set to boot from CD/DVD ROM and if u have more than one put the other to slave, make sure PHYSICALLY at the back of the ROM its set to master and slave, Master being the main rom and boot from device. put ur XP cd in the master room and let its run,(after aligning all hardware devices and such in bios)
if that dont work theres somethin up with ur ROM, so repair by replacement. if that doesnt work its ur hard drive, repair by replacement.
and bloody hell if that dnt work then i dont kno what else should. but step 1 should work,

replacing ur power pack wont affect it, unless ur bios - pc health status- Power is under 3.3v and ur Processor temparature is above 90 degrees celcius. or when u put power on the pc next to the enter BIOS option there should be a POST option. POST - Power On Self Test, if it is a power problem there lies ur answer. its Tab i beleive to get in there.
in all honesty i dont think its a power problem, i think its a software conflict and or curroption in the Operating system loader.

let me know how it goes.
PS. U WILL LOOSE ALL DATA on the hard drive if u want ur pc back.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Airwolf on 2006-12-05 01:04 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Airwolf on 2006-12-05 01:06 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-05 01:05   
My Suggestion...If your Ipod did that...then its Faulty, and needs to be taken back to the store for a refund...as for your computer...how old is it? and if its more than 4-5 years old it wont support the Ipod trust me i know heh -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2006-12-05 05:07   
one good advice

never plug USB / Firewire devices thats equipped with own power supply or build in batteries, directly into the motherboard´s ports.

always use an powered hub between PC and the device.

btw i read somewhere that there was an virus going around on the VI-pods , or im i wrong ?

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-05 06:36   
Do not plug iPods into the G15. Also, iTunes is currently borked beyond belief, only use 7.0.1.

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-12-05 07:36   
Problem 1: Your using a mac.......they suck some serious horseapples
Problem 2: Your using a mac.
Problem 3: You paid too much for your computer.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-05 10:59   
Quote:

On 2006-12-05 07:36, SANITY ASSASSIN wrote:

id have to partially agree with him. here in scotland if ur seen carrying a mac ur shot on sight. Hence my next movie will be composed of utter pointless destruction of macs.
the end.

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-05 10:59   
Quote:

On 2006-12-05 07:36, SANITY ASSASSIN wrote:

id have to partially agree with him. here in scotland if ur seen carrying a mac ur shot on sight. Hence my next movie will be composed of utter pointless destruction of macs.
the end.

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-05 11:05   
Ok, So now when I turn on the computer it does NOTHING but run power through the system, and before it stopped responding I was able to enter the BIOS and it did tell me that all my hardware was responding; I run a raid setup. I have a custom built Koolance internal liquid cooling system and that runs, all my fans run, and my LCD monitor on the case runs (which gives me a read out of tempatures throughout my hardware). I can see the tempature for my Video/CPU/Boot Drive all start going to their normal running tempature. It seems that the mobo has completely degressed to a piece of worthless junk . I've already ordered a replacement for it (Thank God for ASUS). As for what some of you are saying... My iTunes is running an older version like you had mentioned. My computer is 2 years old but still runs top of the line. I did not plug the ipod into the USB plug on my G15, I plugged it directly into a USB 2.0 off my motherboard.

PC Specs:

ASUS Mobo
P4 HT 3.0Ghz(Liquid Cooled)
2GB DDR Dual channel 400mhz (4x512)
160GB Western Digital SATA (Boot Drive)
300GB Western Digital SATA(Secondary Drive)
BFG Geforce 6800 GT Overclocked (custom liquid cooling mount)
SoundBlaster Audigy Limited Edition Sound Card
DVD-Rom (RW-Dual Layer)
Antec Neo HE 500Watt Power Supply
WIN XP PRO Service Pack 2

Now, the CD drive was responding because the mobo was able to read the disk I placed in it to erase my BIOS and re-install my bios. After that was re-installed it said that it failed at overclocking... I'm assuming this iPod tried to suck more juice than my mobo could handle. The strange thing is the mobo was working and slowly stopped working...
Anyways, I've already ordered a replacement motherboard and I will just go from there.

Email JackCrackerMan
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-05 11:25   
was a waste of money to order a replacement motherboard, it seems fixable unless u power surged ur motherboard :/

if ur near scotland come by teh workshop at West Lothian College : free repair

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-05 11:51   
You've got to set your bios options up, hence why the pc won't boot, you've probably set the details too high.

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-05 12:07   
Air, I fail to see how it can be fixed. I've tried the onboard Video and nothing shows on screen. I've already flashed the Bios too... so whats left? Anyways, with the hardware being a year and a half old (Processor is a 478 Prescott and the ram is 184 pin) only cost me $55 to replace (hey, its not the exact same model, and its missing a feature or 2 in additional software but I can handle that).

Email JackCrackerMan
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-05 12:08   
well its ur decision, jus sayin a little extra time workin on the comp and gettin help from any friends around ya would go a long way,

JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-05 12:29   
I completely agree with you Air, and I really appriciate your assistance. I can't believe you would offer to fix my computer for free (unfortunately I live in Arizona, USA). The problem is I do not have any friends around me that would know how to fix it.... they all conclude that its the mobo, and that it will need to be replaced if not the video card/processor needing replacement too. (I doubt the processor/video card need replacements). When I was still able to access my Bios I did restore default settings to power and voltage... everything seemed to be registering and all my devices were added correctly. The only thing that looked out of the ordinary was a 4th starting device (I have my Boot Drive as 1, my ROM as 2 and my floppy as 3rd. this 4th item I have no idea what it was...). Now if you want to try to help me trouble shoot it I would love to hear your input.

Email JackCrackerMan
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-05 12:54   
If your machine is whining about overclocking, make sure you've set the default clocks correclty.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022238 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR