No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » General Tech...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author General Tech...
JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-05 13:01   
the thing is I did not have it overclocked, everything was defaults...

Email JackCrackerMan
Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-05 18:06   
Hey now, all this mac bashing going on here... I'll have you know that Mac has one thing going for it! You know all the new games are good because you played them 5 years ago on your PC!

Commander of the Missle Cruiser 'Nevermore'

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-05 18:22   
Quote:

On 2006-12-05 18:06, Tikki (Over nine-thousaaand) wrote:
Hey now, all this mac bashing going on here... I'll have you know that Mac has one thing going for it! You know all the new games are good because you played them 5 years ago on your PC!

theres no getting around the fact that MAC's royally suck.
the only good thing about MAC's is their hard drive, SCSII . its the fastest out of the 3 (SATA and IDE) but thats about it.

anyway, well Disable the 4th boot device, if it seems that obvious lol,
trouble shooting whilst not looking at the pc physicaly is pretty diffuclt so i can only rule out faults,
as Jack said its whining about overclocking but if u said u put it back to default then thats not the problem, its ur Boot device thats the problem, im tryna think hmm, Right. i think i got it . im not sure if SP 3 comes with the Sata drivers. but we should all know SATA is the one Hard drive that had to be fookin awkward and come with Floppy bootable drivers, so u have to get a 3rd party. thank good Vista comes with it atleast. yeh anywho cause im running short on time i cant give u direct links, but try and look for Sata 3rd part device drivers or something of that calibre, cause what i think the problem is.. its the Bootstrap loader( the bit of software that starts up and launches XP) but in order to do so it has to go from Hard drive to RAM, and i think the hard drive drivers are conflicting with ur motherboard chipset drivers, hence its failing to boot up bootstrap loader properly. It defo doesnt look like a hardware problem to me, just a software conflict. but i can only rule out faults and cut it down.

so Sata Drivers thats ur next mission, De breefing at eighteen hundreed hours.
Midshipman Airwolf out!

Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-05 18:28   
Well, I was trying to make a joke at the Mac's expense. From a tech support point of view, I absolutely hate it when we have Mac customers call in. Most haven't got a whole braincell they can fold in half and rub together.

Coharie
Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-05 18:46   
Penny I had almost the same problems you had except I had not plugged in a i-pod, my daughters computer kept getting the blue screen of death, system 32 files were corrupted & so on, I keep spare vid & sound cards, processors & power supplys, tryed everything & turned out to be the motherboard Asus P4P800, I replaced it with a Asrock $45.00.

Email Coharie
JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-05 19:09   
Ok, so you say its the Asus mobo then. That would make complete sense. As far as people thinking its not a hardware problem... I just can't get past the fact that it was working for 2 years till I plugged THIS ipod (I normally have my own ipod plugged in) in. I've already ordered a replacement that should fix the problem (I'm hoping). I will update you guys at the end of the week if it does. (God its going to be a pain removing my liquid cooling unit.)

My poor baby

Email JackCrackerMan
Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-05 19:47   
what is asus mobo anyway. never heard of it over here.
and yeh it honestly does look like a software conflict.
and i would KILL to get a pc like urs, mines i pretty minmum gaming machine, even tho i installed a new Radeon X550 ,
it dnt ~**!&?&~in work lol. i tried everything, older drivers, minimum and high settings complete pain in the ass, so i have last resort, motherboard chipset drivers (like ur problem) conflicting with my graphics card, so im gona format my pc (120Gb of data gne *crys) and get it to work then. before i do tho ill prolly install it into a computer at college.
fukin craphics cards. complete pain in the ass, if ur gona get one get a dedicated one WITH the computer thats recomended.

good luck with ur PC the mate. i tryed

Axalon
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-05 20:51   
I love how all this Mac bashing is based on circa 1997 issues.

Email Axalon
Tikki
Cadet
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-05 22:55   
I'll happily bash OSX based on experience.

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-06 00:33   
Quote:

On 2006-12-05 22:55, Tikki (Over nine-thousaaand) wrote:
I'll happily bash OSX based on experience.

I TOTALLY agree

that being said, have you checked the caps "Capacitors" on your mobo, you dont see them going bad much now but there were lots an lots of boards with faulty caps on them, i used to replace them for 30$ when it was more of a problem "look for swelling and electrolyte leakage". if thats not it, ASUS makes a good board but there BIOs is a little crappy, reset your CMOS "usually by jumper" if that doesn't fix it, try reflashing the bios via cd/floppy and see if that works, if you have access to another HDD with an os on it that isn't cofigured as a RAID setup,hook it up and try it. And if that doesnt work,lol, rip out some ram and try a single stick "this is probably not it and if it is you need a new mobo anyway". You could also try onboard video with the Vid card out. <- "not likely" If none of that works you could always just start d/c'ing things "to make sure its not a simple hardware issue."

Hope you get it straightened out fellow Overclocker
Push it as fast as it'll go, then make it faster
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Gonzo (I Am the Doctor) on 2006-12-06 00:36 ]

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-06 00:40   
Quote:

On 2006-12-05 20:51, Axalon wrote:
I love how all this Mac bashing is based on circa 1997 issues.

to that i say, what the he(* are you talkin about, mac is a dying breed, mostly due to incompatibillity issues. Thats just a fact.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-06 13:58   
id like to direct u all to here u MAC lovers!
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-6553260189868317794&q=MACS

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-12-06 19:42   
I remember somthing in the news about so many Ipods being shipped with viruses, not sure what it was all about, but I would contact support, to see if there is an easy fix

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-06 20:20   
@Airwolf "I love that vid" lol
-----------------------------------------------

--Thomas Jefferson

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-06 21:23   
yeh i kno i love it too, ill add my own personal video to that aswell im making a sequal to this move : http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=2997549644312650082&q=computer+pimpout

in march is when ill be finished it and April ill be releasing it to the public. fortunatly better quality video, more destruction and its longer!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022342 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR