No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A GOOD IDEA FOR DS
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author A GOOD IDEA FOR DS
Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-12 22:28   
@Jack I had no idea there was all that crap goin on.... but as rob said where else..... and its free advertising, if there was a banner i could put up on my myspace I would, but I wont make one for copyright issues.

Have any of you ever heard the saying theres no such thing as bad advertising? even if they say something bad about it, that just makes more poeple want to try it to see for themselves , and if you have a good product there's nothing to worry about.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-12 22:31   

[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Gonzo (I Am the Doctor) on 2006-12-12 22:31 ]

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

Legatus Immolation
Marshal

Posted: 2006-12-12 22:47   
why advertise for a bad game? good community tho.

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-13 02:19   
Advertise now, and you loose hope of getting those players that get dissapointed with current state to come back when(if) the game is fixed.

Working game+advertisment=win
Ds now+advertisment=failure

Durlan Katz
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-13 02:22   
Quote:

On 2006-12-12 22:28, Dr. Gonzo (I Am the Doctor) wrote:
...if you have a good product there's nothing to worry about...

That's the point, the product is messed up. Don't advertise now, you'll only scare people away.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-13 03:16   
Rocko, the last thing we need is the EvE-O crowd. Trust me, we really don't want them. : P

JRE
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-13 04:13   
anyone...someone...anything in metaverse would be freakin awesome...I logged in after a long time being away and tried to get a friend to start playing and he's like "anyone play?" I was like eh eh eh.....you get the point.......

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-12-13 04:19   
Everyone views Ds as "broken". YOUR broken.

Question: So you have fun playing DS? If so WTF cares about the bugs. My ipod has bugs. My XP has bugs. Hell, even allot of people have bugs...yuck. The point is that if you have fun with this game, stop downing it and shut the hell up. Maybe thats why there arent too many people playing this. They see a forum full of people whining about a broken game. Good job guys. Keep it up.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
warner_lowcharge
Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-13 05:14   
Quote:

On 2006-12-13 04:19, FA SANITY ASSASSIN wrote:
Everyone views Ds as "broken". YOUR broken.

Question: So you have fun playing DS? If so WTF cares about the bugs. My ipod has bugs. My XP has bugs. Hell, even allot of people have bugs...yuck. The point is that if you have fun with this game, stop downing it and shut the hell up. Maybe thats why there arent too many people playing this. They see a forum full of people whining about a broken game. Good job guys. Keep it up.

Dear sanity, even YOU have seen it's broken: http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewtopic.php?topic=40572&forum=38&10

And the rest compensation requests indicate it's messed up:

bugs, imbalances etc...
http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?module=forums.php&page=/viewforum.php?forum=38&760

DS WAS fun and MANY played it, then it broke and most left. SOME still wait for it to be fixed(like me)

most i've seen in mv is 30-35 with 8 of those being servers, so no chance of fleet battlets happening.

Fix the game and you MIGHT see a increase in playerbase, but remember: the game is 5 years old with graphics just as old. Todays MMO's draw people because they look good and have fewer bugs(compare EVE compensationrequests/playerbase to DS. They also offer REAL updates from time to time, not just attempts to balance/fix bugs but NEW content.

And to end this rambling, words from F:

"The good news... is I'm basically rolling back the server changes I made way back when all the lag got introduced. I'm basically rolling the servers back to the old system which used jumpgates to connect different servers."

How many asked for rollback?

And what was the answer when the rollback was asked?

[ This Message was edited by: warner_lowcharge on 2006-12-13 05:14 ]

Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-12-13 10:46   
Nothing is perfect.......and eve sucks a fat one. I pray they wont over complicate DS in the new patch like eve is. I have a life. Eve is far too complex and time consuming to play unless your a hermit and never leave your house.

And eve has bugs too. I bet the bashing of DS doesnt help much either for new players. And about the graphics. It makes it more of a strategy game and not a simulation, i like that. If i want a simulation where all i do is fart around and shoot crap ill play my 360.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-13 12:44   
I wouldn't say EvE sucks. EvE is a great game. Yes, it's complex, that's what makes it fun(Yes, it also has bugs, as does every game.). Anyways, DS is in a bad position right now. The best thing to do, is advertise it when the new patch comes out. More likely that people stay.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-13 13:21   
Hey warner, he's not rolling back...he's just taking a few pages here and there and Fixing it to where there wont be as much lag way back when....-.-ugh i pray for 484 lol

Email GothThug {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-12-13 14:41   
Ok reven....you got a point...all im saying is that when the time comes i think players can help out allot by spreading the word. I would even like to see a donation option on the website....maybe even showing who and how much has been donated. Honestly man, i throw a 20 down here and there to help out.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2006-12-13 15:03   
I like the idea of a donation thing. I know we have the hardware donation. I think it could be a good idea.

Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2006-12-13 15:47   
Hardware thing, havent heard of it.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.035596 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR