No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +5.0 Minutes

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Clarification: Excessive Beaconing
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Clarification: Excessive Beaconing
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-26 21:49   
Okay, i need some Clarification on the excess beaconing thing, does this mean we shoot 1 beacon and thats it we cant shoot anymore or what? and if we miss do we still spam beacons until we hit a cloaked object? these are things i myself wish to know before i "accidentally spam to many beacons" because i have an itchy T Key and index finger lol but yeah for all seriousness....1 beacon or 2?

Email GothThug {C?}
JackCrackerMan
Fleet Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-26 22:06   
omg dude... it stated that you can't go NUTS on someone with beacons. That means... YOU CANT MOUNT YOUR WEAPONS WITH BEACONS. They just dont want you to make someones sig over 500.

Email JackCrackerMan
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-26 22:40   
Goth.. asking how much he can beacon someone, when he bitches constantly about them..

Email Supertrooper
Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2006-12-26 23:21   
thats like an anti-mirv advocate asking if they should use one bomb or two when they go into enemy space.

"i hate violence in all its forms.. should i thow one rock or two at this guy..."

etc.

one's enough.

Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-27 03:55   
this sucks, can't light people up like a christmas tree anymore

Email Borgie
icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2006-12-27 05:07   
Quote:

On 2006-12-27 03:55, Cylon Base Star wrote:
this sucks, can't light people up like a christmas tree anymore

LOL

Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2006-12-27 06:22   
I am a little confused on this beacon thing as well, I have been told that putting to many beacons on someone causes personal lag, but I dont know of anyway to see if they already have a beacon, other than being close enough to see ring.

as for the number mounted, and how often fired, simply put, I have always just thrown as many as I can to get thru PD, and once I knew they where tagged, I left them alone, but once again, I have not figured out a way to "know" that one of my beacons have hit them

I know this is newb, but any suggestion for proper beacon tactics?

ohh and as it seems to be tradition
insert flame directed at Goththug here ----> " !"

[ This Message was edited by: Ship-Of-Fools(Kinda Recruiting...) on 2006-12-27 06:24 ]

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2006-12-27 07:20   
since most of the time get uncloaked into battle i get beacon signature raise around 500 - 1000.

hmm well cant report everyone that fly around with beacons , wold be a silly as reporting the mirvers , so only thing we can do to this is fixed is to wait for next DS version.

anyway the noobs can beacon all they want, dont affect my lag much and in heavy battel i just mount 2 x AHR.

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-27 08:11   
rofl @ crim.

1 Doran, but keep one in your cargo just incase.

In all serious I know I will catch some flak for this, but I think the devs are saying a little common sense goes a long way. YOu know what they are talking about. Stop trying to get it down to the exact beacon count. Don't point jump somone and and just spam your "t" key untill you can't anymore. If you are excessive about it, then stop. You know who you are, and who's doing it so just stop and all this conversation doesn't have to happen and you can save the mods some headache/paperwork.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
HaVoX
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-27 14:01   
I think we should dump beacons and go back to the days of ecm eccm working on everyone even kluth. becons cause personal lag obviously to the target that was hit giving room for lag exploits. eccm however is a personal choce to fly around with as many of the lag monsters u can mount.

Now being ex kluth (nearly my entire time of sub) I can say that i had more fun back in the days of ecm and eccm forting around planets depending on who we were or who we were fighting. the "Never see em" cloak is fine but when i could alpha out of a cloak that took the chance of being nulled by eccm it was more fun.

Just my opinion.

HaV

Email HaVoX
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-27 14:04   
Some basic guidelines - note that they're not rules, just guidelines. Exceeding them will not automatically get you in trouble.. but sticking within them should keep you from getting in trouble.

Limit yourself to one slot for a beacon.

Don't spam your entire slot onto one guy, unless you don't seem to be hitting - yes, I know you can't see whether they hit except for rings, but do your best.

If you and nine of your friends all have beacons modded, communicate a bit on who is beaconing. Multiple of you can fire them, certainly, but don't all unload 15 beacons onto the same guy..

Email Shigernafy
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2006-12-27 14:16   
still if it lags people and kicks em to desktop.. tough, get a better computer no becon lag

Email Borgie
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-27 15:08   
Typical answer for a beacon spamming exploiting twit! :|

Email GothThug {C?}
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2006-12-27 16:43   
If you are close enough to land a beacon on someone, you are close enough to see the beacon rings. There is absolutely no reason why if you see someone has already been beaconed that you should beacon them some more. You can ALWAYS see when your beacons land on a target through PD, and once you land 1-2 beacons there is (I say again) NO REASON why you should continue to beacon them!

How many beacons per ship? If you have more than one beacon mounted, then you are doing something wrong. Mount a beacon in one of the full-arc slots that 99% of the ships have and BOOM! You're done! Most K'Luth don't expect a beacon to be coming out of your butt so will follow you, you let them catch up and tag them once or twice - JOB DONE!

If you're spamming beacons into empty space in hopes of catching a cloaked lobster and a half dozen all find their mark on a hive, thats fine - you weren't aiming for all of them to land on him (and if you were then you probably already have a watchlist out on you for that & will most likely be reported - problem solves itself) so STOP PRESSING THE T KEY!

Now I'll admit, I myself have been caught up in a frenzied panic as I see a lobster and slam the T key almost as much as the 1 or 2 key in an effort to gain the upper hand before their weapons arm, and mistakes do happen.

Bottom line, if you've never been reported for beacon spamming, then you shouldn't have to worry this should take care of it. If you have been reported for beacon spamming or carry more than one beacon per arc on purpose, then you need to take heed & stop being exploitative.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
-Daedalus-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2006-12-27 16:48   
The only thing this new policy has made is something new for goth to say when he dies. Oh Oh I was beacon'd so it was a false death and doesn't count blah blah blah.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.018469 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR