Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Cant log into lobby
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Cant log into lobby
Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-23 13:23   
I try to log on but it keeps saying "failed to connect to the GamaCQ server;please try again later." well i did that but i still cant connect to the GameCQ server. Could somebody tell me the exact cause of this: please fix that blasted machine. There is also another problem i changed my email and tried to get it validated but it wont open and i cant read my email messages because of that, which might be causing all of these problems.(A reason why I didnt choose to notify by email whenever replies are posted.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-23 13:34   
are you useing the beta GCQL by any chance? ive not been able to log in with that one, though the release lobby works just fine.

Quote:

On 2007-01-23 13:23, Daedaulus wrote:
There is also another problem i changed my email and tried to get it validated but it wont open and i cant read my email messages because of that,

whats "it", the email, the option to validate/revalidate your email address, or something else?
if you're gettin a blank black popup window, its probably a popup-blocker setting that needs to be adjusted, check the options for your internet explorer/firewall/antivirus/anything else that might block popups

Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-24 16:43   
there is no pop-up blocker, it just says right above the mailbox "requested message not found"

If it WAS a pop-up blocker than it wouldve said that a pop-up was blocked it does it everytime.

Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-31 18:09   
My god will someone please tell me why I can't log on period beta has nothing to do with it. If it is beta than it isn't because of me because for one thing I don't change settings like that really.

[ This Message was edited by: Yamakaze on 2007-01-31 18:19 ]

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-31 18:19   
There are other people that are having the same issue. It seems to be resolved as people are in DarkSpace now. dont know if you want to give it another try.

Email Challenger
Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-31 18:30   
I highly doubt that you're telling the truth because I just tried it and it still doesnt work. I cant log on because I cant even get to the logon screen so THAT IS WHY I CAN'T LOG ON.

[ This Message was edited by: Yamakaze on 2007-01-31 18:44 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-01-31 18:57   
He's right Doran.

Remember a few days ago, where the GCQL didnt work at all? It's been happening frequently since then. Any word on whats causing it?

Email Supertrooper
Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-03 11:23   
Yesterday I was logged on to darkspace looking in the forums when my computer started lagging. I'll tell you why; it is because the process iexplorer was eating up all my computer's cpu for some reason. Usually 5-9 Windows being open sometimes caused lag. At the time when it was eating all the cpu resources I only had 3 programs, Task Manager, iexplorer.exe, and wmplayer.exe(windows media player which was not playing music). I'd like to ask as to how this could've happened because I never had this problem b4. If my cpu gets fried because of process iexplorer.exe when it is in darkspace forums when I'm logged on then I'm going to blame it on darkspace and will require compensation(enough to get a new and more efficient cpu).

Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-03 11:44   
Quote:

On 2007-02-03 11:23, Yamakaze wrote:
Yesterday I was logged on to darkspace looking in the forums when my computer started lagging. I'll tell you why; it is because the process iexplorer was eating up all my computer's cpu for some reason. Usually 5-9 Windows being open sometimes caused lag. At the time when it was eating all the cpu resources I only had 3 programs, Task Manager, iexplorer.exe, and wmplayer.exe(windows media player which was not playing music). I'd like to ask as to how this could've happened because I never had this problem b4. If my cpu gets fried because of process iexplorer.exe when it is in darkspace forums when I'm logged on then I'm going to blame it on darkspace and will require compensation(enough to get a new and more efficient cpu).

1)

You will not get that compensation.

GCQL uses an intergrated version of internet explorer, and does not start up its own process, meaning if you saw iexplorer.exe eating up processor cycles, you started the process, not DarkSpace, and there is no way DarkSpace can open iexplorer.exe without you clicking on external links which opens internet explorer anyway. If you're having problems with internet explorer eating CPU cycles, then I suggest you search your machine for malware, virii, and spyware, or upgrade to IE7.

You can blame DarkSpace all you want, but it is completely un-related. GCQL uses your installed version of IE to render the website inside the program. If there is a problem with this, then it's a problem with IE, not GCQL, as it's been working flawlessly for years, and I have played DS with IE 4, 5, 6, and 7, each has no issues viewing GCQL (although IE 4 has some rendering problems with the forums).

2)

The Beta Metaserver is having some changes done to it, meaning no-one can login. There will be a patch to beta when this has changed. There's no point logging in to beta anyway, as there will be no beta server until Faustus finishes the changes to the new backend.

- Lyedtau

[ This Message was edited by: Lyedtau on 2007-02-03 11:47 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-02-03 11:51   
Quote:

On 2007-02-03 11:23, Yamakaze wrote:
I'm going to blame it on darkspace and will require compensation

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-03 11:55   
Iexplorer has been known to randomly suck up CPU and cause massive lag for no reason.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-02-03 13:07   
Does goth have a twin sister or something?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-02-03 13:18   
you are asking for help yet you dont stop being rather rude and offensive

Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-03 13:39   
Quote:

On 2007-02-03 11:55, -RevenG- wrote:
Iexplorer has been known to randomly suck up CPU and cause massive lag for no reason.

First time I'ever heard of it doing that.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-03 13:42   
I love these "I have this program installed while my computer is going slow because of something I did, so I am going to sue the makers of that program OMFGZORZ!!!"

In tech support you get that a lot lol. Do people not realise that 90% of their computer problems is cuz they dont know how to use their own computer? *shrug*

I propose an official Worldwide ban on computer use without getting proper training and a fancy shmancy license to prove you got the training

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025049 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR