Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Cant log into lobby
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Cant log into lobby
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-03 14:37   
Quote:

On 2007-02-03 13:39, Lyedtau wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-02-03 11:55, -RevenG- wrote:
Iexplorer has been known to randomly suck up CPU and cause massive lag for no reason.

First time I'ever heard of it doing that.

It's happened to me many a time. On both my computers. Once I switched to Avant browser, it didn't happen. I believe it happens if you leave it on for awhile(Though it happened with it only being on for 30 minutes also a couple of times.). I've talked to others who have had it happen also, on different types of PCs. Not sure why it does it, but it's the reason I switched browsers.

Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-03 14:47   
Avant is IE.

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-03 14:57   
Quote:

On 2007-02-03 13:42, Amallamard wrote:
I love these "I have this program installed while my computer is going slow because of something I did, so I am going to sue the makers of that program OMFGZORZ!!!"

In tech support you get that a lot lol. Do people not realise that 90% of their computer problems is cuz they dont know how to use their own computer? *shrug*

I propose an official Worldwide ban on computer use without getting proper training and a fancy shmancy license to prove you got the training

Yes that way all of us in the technology field would have nothign to do and jobless.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-03 15:36   
I know Avant is IE. That's what I can't figure out. Since IE7 is out, it might not have the problem. I just know that before I switched to Avant, I'd get the CPU problem. Which was a pain when it closed on something important. Before Avant, I had been using Firefox also, so I believe I would have been using an earlier version of IE. I'll leave IE up today, see what happens.
Update: Well, I forgot something. Avant browser does the same exact thing. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it's a pain. Highest amount used so far was 75%. After an end process, it worked fine. Has only happened when I have had 2 or more tabs up though. Atleast from what I remember.

[ This Message was edited by: -RevenG- on 2007-02-03 15:49 ]

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-03 16:14   
Get firefox... FF2.0.0.1 PWNS IE7

Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-03 16:53   
FYI, Firefox uses more memory than IE (far more), and leaves core files in memory until moved out to the page file. IE removes itself from memory when it's not in use, if you're using a file that you've "opened" and not "saved" with IE, then when it's trying to close itself, it'll keep getting write error, since you have the file open (IE wipes temporarily opened files from the temp downloads cache once you close it).

Hence why sometimes it'll apear to have crashed/have CPU usage when you're doing nothing.

If you know how to use it, and configure it, IE7 is far superior to Firefox.

The only reason I use Firefox is because I love some of the extentions it has. Once IE7 has them, or someone has created them for it, I will instantly jump over to it.

It's quicker at opening.
It's far more memory effiecient.
Quicker at rendering pictures (Gecko is slower by a small margin).

Firefox as it is, is running on its history, Firefox 2.0, is actually worse in every aspect to Firefox 1.X (bar starting up, because they fixed an age old problem with it reading the entire about:config page before starting, and loading it in, then out of memory, and to the page file).

- Lyed

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-03 17:08   
all microsoft crap that has come out this year sux.... no consistency, and IE7 is just ugly... and MS has to steal everything that other companies find..

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-02-03 17:12   
Once again...

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-02-03 20:47   
IE6+GoogleToolbar > *

Never have any problems, never sucks memory, never fails to unload itself, opens quick and browses just fine.

Newer ain't always better.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-03 21:08   
Quote:

On 2007-02-03 17:08, Amallamard wrote:
all microsoft crap that has come out this year sux.... no consistency, and IE7 is just ugly... and MS has to steal everything that other companies find..

You know Firefox copied tabs from Opera?

Right?

Abandoned Ships[AS]
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-03 21:34   
No I DIDN'T SAY DARKSPACE OPENED THE IEPLORER BECAUSE IT WAS ALREADY ON!!!! ALSO IEXPLORER STARTED EATING AFTER I HAD LOGGED ON OK. TELL ME THAT WASN'T DARKSPACE THERE DOING SOME STUPID THING.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-03 21:49   
Simmer down. Darkspace did nothing to your PC, it did not eat up your CPU. You couldn't log into the lobby, and guess what, other people couldn't also. There are server problems right now, so just wait patiently, instead of yelling like the kid that doesn't get his oreos at Walmart.

Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-04 08:00   
GCQL loads the IE shell into itself, and uses that to render pages. If it was DarkSpace's loading of IE that was causing issues, then GCQL.exe itself would be the one causing problems.

What this indicates to me, is that you have some form of virus, malware, or spyware, that has infected Internet Explorer.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-02-09 16:33   
saying you are going to want compensation for your computer makes you look soo typical american (no offense to most americans, just a few:P)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.022797 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR