Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » 484 progress
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author 484 progress
Hawk™
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-26 20:07   
What are you, Richard's defence attorney?

Email Hawk™
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-26 20:21   
Quote:

On 2007-01-26 20:07, TheEvilHawk wrote:

If you can't say something nice - don't say anything at all.

Hawk™
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-26 20:25   
Quote:

On 2007-01-26 20:21, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-26 20:07, TheEvilHawk wrote:

If you can't say something nice - don't say anything at all.

What was "not nice" about my post?

Email Hawk™
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-01-26 20:27   
I've been patient for over a year now, I think I deserve to have me own rant..

Email Supertrooper
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2007-01-27 02:33   
Quote:

On 2007-01-26 19:53, Enterprise wrote:
You know, I firmly recall why the Two Weeks™ is a common Palestar trademark now.

For one, whenever F gave regular updates, when he gave an estimate... "Two weeks."

This is why, we say Two weeks™ and why he doesnt give estimates often.

Also, Dev meetings are not in effect because of several reasons I can assume.

#1. Meetings take time to organize. This means less time F spends coding to spend five minutes telling you hes working on [so and so code line number].

#2. Beta isnt up yet, so there is no point in going over what is going to be implemented when it isnt going to be.

#3. The Developer team is significantly smaller than it was a year ago.

#4. See #1.

#5. See #1.

Be patient, okay? Nothing goes foreward if F doesn't finish the backend. Thats plain and simple and there are no ifs ands or buts.

We know what hes working on. We know how far he is into it. We know that when its nearly done or done, he will tell us. For him to come and tell him "WOOTS. 1% MORE COMPLETED" is like you know, pointless.

We say, it will be done when its done, because literally, we know what has to be done, and we know regular updates arent comin until it IS done.

>>>>>>>>>This is like in 1.480, and why 1.480 took so long to get to 1.481. Anyone remember?

I do. He was converting the backend then, to this system we currently have now. We screamed and cried for it to be done NOW and look what happened. We yelled and pleaded for updates and look what happened.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Now we are on our way to 1.484, and now, we are converting back to 1.480 system backend. So its taken just as much time to get there as it did last time, and yeh know, its getting awfully close to completion. Home stretch.

For me, thats an update enough, and all I ask of F : Dont give up. Keep at it, and we are standing here ANXIOUS AS ALL GET OUT SLAP MY MOUTH AND PAIN ME RED AND SHOVE A CROWBAR UP MY NOSE - we can't wait.

So when it comes Crim, it comes. PATIENCE PL0X OR I STAB YOUR AYE.

-Ent

actually ENT..we werent crying for 481...we were BITCHING to JUST FIX THE ISSUES in 480....not make this piece of crap version we currently have.Flux and LAG were the problems in 480....everything else was freaking PERFECT!

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-27 02:57   
Call me a naysayer.

But I find it extremely strange that people are still capable of having over a page's worth of forum discussion over the progress on a DarkSpace patch.

Seriously. I don't get it.

The number of established players greatly outnumbers the amount of incoming newbies, so surely it's not a bunch of new players who just haven't had things explained to them by the knowledgeable playerbase around them.

Which leaves me with option B. A quick glance at this thread reveals a very familiar pattern: a select group of established players (who already know full well how much good posting on such a thread does) fuming at each other about what is or is not good for the game, what they should or should not do, and generally showing off their vocabularies.

At this point, DarkSpace needs a hell of a lot more than a patch. You guys have better things to do than waste your time on such clichéd and recycled topics.

Wake up. Look at yourselves. Laugh. Move on.

-Dem

Misery
Cadet

Posted: 2007-01-27 02:59   
Quote:

On 2007-01-27 02:33, Fatal Command*CO* wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-01-26 19:53, Enterprise wrote:
You know, I firmly recall why the Two Weeks™ is a common Palestar trademark now. (*insert x*)

For one, whenever F gave regular updates, when he gave an estimate... "Two weeks."

This is why, we say Two weeks™ and why he doesnt give estimates often.

Also, Dev meetings are not in effect because of several reasons I can assume.

#1. Meetings take time to organize. This means less time F spends coding to spend five minutes telling you hes working on [so and so code line number].

#2. Beta isnt up yet, so there is no point in going over what is going to be implemented when it isnt going to be.

#3. The Developer team is significantly smaller than it was a year ago.

#4. See #1.

#5. See #1.

Be patient, okay? Nothing goes foreward if F doesn't finish the backend. Thats plain and simple and there are no ifs ands or buts.

We know what hes working on. We know how far he is into it. We know that when its nearly done or done, he will tell us. For him to come and tell him "WOOTS. 1% MORE COMPLETED" is like you know, pointless.

We say, it will be done when its done, because literally, we know what has to be done, and we know regular updates arent comin until it IS done.

>>>>>>>>>This is like in 1.480, and why 1.480 took so long to get to 1.481. Anyone remember?

I do. He was converting the backend then, to this system we currently have now. We screamed and cried for it to be done NOW and look what happened. We yelled and pleaded for updates and look what happened.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Now we are on our way to 1.484, and now, we are converting back to 1.480 system backend. So its taken just as much time to get there as it did last time, and yeh know, its getting awfully close to completion. Home stretch.

For me, thats an update enough, and all I ask of F : Dont give up. Keep at it, and we are standing here ANXIOUS AS ALL GET OUT SLAP MY MOUTH AND PAIN ME RED AND SHOVE A CROWBAR UP MY NOSE - we can't wait.

So when it comes Crim, it comes. PATIENCE PL0X OR I STAB YOUR AYE.

-Ent

actually ENT..we werent crying for 481...we were BITCHING to JUST FIX THE ISSUES in 480....not make this piece of crap version we currently have.Flux and LAG were the problems in 480....everything else was freaking PERFECT!

I think you read his post completely wrong.

If you look at the bolded letters and words, you see "S e x y b a c k - no ifs ands or buts"

Hes of course telling everyone to dance to some JT! FTW!
to reveal my shattered bones.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-27 06:21   
Damn! I'm found out. >.<

And Dem... yeah well, don't want to crush all the kiddies hopes and dreams yet.

Well that is a good point in any case. I advise all who want to continue from the point to read Dems post. It is le sm0rt.

-Ent

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2007-01-27 07:45   
@ Crim: There is little point in the Development team having meetings if there is nothing to develop or not progress to report. We have our road-map, but we have to wait to see how the new backend performs until we can actually assign tasks to individuals for completion.
The lead-developer himself is unable to provide a time frame as to when it will be completed as he has other, sadly more important, commitments to attend to, as others have apreviously stated. It is not that we do not wish to provide an estimate; we honestly cannot provide one under the current circumstances.

If you are wondering what the road-map is, there are plenty of posts and references to it in the Beta discussion forums. It is needless of us to keep restating this same information as it hasn't changed and still holds true.

Personally, I try to notify the community of the work I have done, and recently (within the past couple of weeks) I have made no progress as I have been distracted by other projects.

When there is news, it is reported.

P.S. Has anyone actually tried updating their Beta Game client recently? There is still not a working game server, but progress IS being made.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2007-01-27 07:49 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Ship-Of-Fools
2nd Rear Admiral
Angry Mob

Posted: 2007-01-27 07:52   
Quote:

On 2007-01-27 02:57, Demorian wrote:Wake up. Look at yourselves. Laugh. Move on.

-Dem

"I'll buy that for a dollar"

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-01-27 14:58   
My optimistic side says to just sit back and wait for some updating to be done. Go play other games or something if DS frustrates you.

My pessimistic side says that nothing good will ever happen to DS again unless Faustus releases the reigns to some other person(s) who have time to invest into the game.

Which side will win? Guess we'll find out eventually.

Email Bobamelius
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-01-27 16:49   
Dem.. Hold me tenderly..

Email Supertrooper
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-27 17:01   
Quote:

On 2007-01-27 02:57, Demorian wrote:
Wake up. Look at yourselves. Laugh. Move on.

-Dem

C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

<3 Dem

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-01-27 18:45   

Well not to want to sound negative or anything but I think the lack of information and the it will be 2 weeks has been the reason for many people just giving up and going to games that have some sort of support base.

As far as I see it people that are paying $9.95US a month to play a game that is still a Beat version (Lets face it this game is still Beta even though people would like to say it is a full release), deserve some sort of feedback on what is happening or how things are going.

Being a developer I am lucky that the company I work for has people that look after the questions and info on releases but even still the info is given out. Some times the customers/clients may only get a run down of what we are currently doing but that is usually enough to keep them happy.

I can understand that DS isn't made by a multi million dollar company but for a small business the most important thing is to not loose to many of your clients/players/whatever (actually that goes for any business), and DS is loosing players big time.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-01-27 19:37   
You know, im sure I already explained this though. Im not going to again.

I don't know what you're hoping for the way of announcements. We know what hes doing. And we can only wait for it to come.

Then work on Beta can begin in full, and Dev's like Draf can post updates as they happen. If you want an update on how far he is on a day to day basis good luck; that didnt happen even in the best of times.

Until then, PATIENCE. As Bob said, if you have none, play something else until then.

This patch wont immediately pull DS out of hot water, but its the only shot we have anyways.

-Ent

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022798 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR