Combat Kills

Combat kills in last 24 hours:
No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Poll on an issue
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Poll on an issue
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-06 11:47   
I would say yes to this accept a few things. I will do pro's and con's. I ask that you keep in mind I don't mirv while reading this post.

Cons

• Everytime I nuet when I go to cap a planet as soon as I land inf I see all my structures go bye bye. What is the piont of a capping a half broken planets. The faction that owns the planet doesn't care even if I do pull my inf off b/c they have thier safe zones to do everything they need.

• I think its a good idea to eliminate mirving. I think its a bad idea to eliminate building. Its a good thing to do while passing time. I don't want to have to go into admiral and start new planets everytime their is nothing going on in the MV.

Pro's

• Easy prestige gain is basically gone. Not that is not hard to do the same thing with nuets besides the capping the planet part and less gain.

• It will eliminate logging on in the morning, sipping my coffee, and counting how many system got mirved and left unbuilt.

Pro/Con

• Would probably push certain players away. Good in the sense that most these players are only causing problems. Bad in the sense do we really want more subscriptions to go down? We would have to figure will more re sub whne the script is in place or are they set in their way to wait unitll 484 is relased compared to the number that will stop playing due to no mirving and very little building besides in Admiral/newbie.

Conculsion
I really don't care if the scrip is on or off. I can live with out certain things and I think it would teach some of these mirv happy peole other aspects of DS. Like all the good ones. I just think we need to see the whole pictures. Chew on that and remember I am not pro mirving, so if you feel the need to flame me I am going to laugh at you.

-Smartin-

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-06 18:57   
I vote yes, so i can come back and play not go on yahoo and be bored

Email GothThug {C?}
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-07 14:02   
i voted yes.. but i am not returning untill 484 is active( still subed hoping for a Miracle)

Email Borgie
Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2007-02-07 21:09   
FS CHEERS for Smartin

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-07 23:56   
A thread on the DSCW has been created to hear your thoughts and your ideas on other ways to improve the game with what we have now. The thread is called Ideas for Improvement. You can click on the link in my signature to view the site.

[ This Message was edited by: Lacrosseian on 2007-02-08 00:01 ]

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-08 21:08   
make mirving the way it used to be, ie. a bomb cloud takes out at most 9 structures, and then only if done perfectly, and ill be happy.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-08 21:26   
I think i should share an section of a forum post in my fleet's private forum. The post explains to new members to VCA why we do not mirv, as many of our new members are relatively new to the game and do not understand what all the fuss is about. I think this section will do us all good to read. Keep in mind, I typed this over 4 months ago, and it is starting to come true, so really take it to heart here:

"Then, players get tired of their planets getting MIRVed constantly, and leave the game. Soon, there is no one left in the game but a bunch of MIRVers, with no planets left to MIRV. They get bored and leave, and then DarkSpace no longer exists. MIRVing excessively can literally END this game forever. That is why we try our best to keep it in check."

Now, look at the Lobby and look at the player-count in the servers and think about it. Now, compare the numbers you see there to the numbers we saw 3 months ago and even a year ago.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.011824 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR