No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » newbi with uber armor needs to be delt with
 Author newbi with uber armor needs to be delt with
buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-02-12 03:15   
http://img376.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omggoodlookcw1.png

is that just wrong or am i wrong on any server

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-12 03:17   
Why did you post again? you dont like my reply?

What I said in the OTHER post he made:

First of all learn to spell.

Also wasnt it you that said "This is a private server, rules dont matter" when you killed me(on the same team)?

Server we were in:

[ This Message was edited by: Prada on 2007-02-12 03:18 ]

Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-02-12 03:18   
Cracking, modifying, or otherwise altering any part of the DarkSpace Game System is expressly forbidden.
While it may be legal in particular locales, Community participants are required to refrain from such activities if they wish to remain participants.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-12 03:19   
I never modified or cracked any part of DS(that thing means the actual program.. im no programmer/cracker/hacker)

anyways, as far as i know private servers are exceptions. I ran my own server all the time and played around with things, never got in trouble when i did that.

Also, you should report or put it in the Staff feedback forum rather than just posting in English General

[ This Message was edited by: Prada on 2007-02-12 03:21 ]

Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-02-12 03:24   
Illegally Customised Ships

Description: Illegal ships are any ship that cannot be made with the current customization rules.

Why Its An Exploit: When DarkSpace is patched, changes to equipment, slot, and ship types are often done in an effort to establish a better balance of the game. Ships left over from before the patch and update can then be grossly out of balance to those left customised after the rules. Additionally, any other method of modifying a ship's gadgetry which is not intended falls under this exploit.

SPECIAL NOTE: Players found with illegal ships and that refuse to comply with staff requests to remove said ships will result in a full reset of the players ship storage without refund of credits for equipment contained therein. This is a minimum; additional measures may be taken at the staff's discretion.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-12 03:25   
May I remind you, this was not an Official Darkspace Server? If it were, your constant friendly fire would be against the rules as well.

Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-02-12 03:30   
no mmatter what server it is its still wrong if it was up to mmme ud bbe gone

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-12 04:04   

You know I actually find this quite interesting cause I remember back a while ago when you buzz had a bugged ship in the MV and continued to use it, yet even though people noticed it they only brought it up with you and didn't try to put thm selves up on some sort of high horse by making a big thing out of it.

It is very possible either darkspen gave him the extra armour OR that he some how ended up with dread armour on a smaller ship.

It makes me laugh that even though DS is fighting to stay online you make a big deal out of something like this with a new user that may very well leave DS and never come back. He may also talk to his/her friends about the experience he/she has had, and do you truly think people wil come to join this game if there are people carrying on like this rather than talking to them?

You know there was something someone said to me many years ago,

The ones that make the most noise are usually the ones that have the most to hide, and You usually find that people who cheat at games are the ones who will kick up a big than required stink about it if someone else does the same sort of thing.

This doesn't always apply but as I said there was at least one time a while ago when you used a bugged ship to try to gain an advantage in a fight and I suppose that time it was ok to do it because it was you that was doing it.

Before you ask I cant remember exactly when it was or who it was that was also there but I am sure it wouldn't be hard to find the people that saw you that day/night... Just try talking to people before double posting a song and dance about something that really could have been handled a lot better than this.

Lyedtau
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-12 06:51   
You can't give extra armour in player servers unless you learn lua. There is another way, but you're not allowed to use it, as there were problems in the past with users abusing it.

You can bug your ship as much as you want on a private server, as you neither gain, nor lose any prestige inside there. But, as a general piece of advice, bugging ships in a private server isn't a good thing, despite the fact it's not against the RoC. I would not expect many people to stay in your server if you do it.

- Lyed

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-02-12 08:15   
This is an Offical Statement...

NO R.O.C rules were broken... The event happend on a Private, Non-Palestar Server. There is no prestige gain or loss on the server (as stated above) so there is no effect on any profile that has gained or lost prestige on a official Palestar Server.

There are many people in the past that have made private servers and then have made "illegally" modded ships to serve on pupose or another. Some do it out of curiosity, mainly because they know they would get in trouble in a regular server. Some do it to see what would happen if you did this to that, etc... etc... etc.

As long as the server was a private server then there is no foul. If this had been on a official server then your complaint would be valid.

This is like complaining about someone doing something wrong in thier own house. Understand?

This case is closed pending any further reveiw by the Admins.

Have a good day!

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Page created in 0.020009 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR