No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Make DS work again, Plz
 Author Make DS work again, Plz
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-13 17:24   
This is really just kind of directed at Faustus or any other admin that is physically AT the servers. People are having trouble logging in to the servers, logging in to the lobby, etc.

Now, I have just been discoed from DS while in the middle of just cruising along, and DS froze solid. Wouldnt close, minimize, or anything. I had to physically unplug my computer. Now, I cannot even get back into the lobby. These issues are making it inconveniently difficult to even try to play DS. Please fix it as soon as you can. Thanks.

PS. I recognize that these issues were not caused by you and/or were not intentional. Im just mentioning it to make you aware of it so we can get the ball rolling on fixing it.

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-02-13 18:08   
I agree i am also tired with playing a BROKEN GAME FIX it as soon as possible or at least let us know what is going on... im tired of going to lobby and Connection lost etc... please please fix it. heck my server is home base and has less lag than PaleStar...

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-13 20:19   

My guess is that players are going to get sick of this very quickly and will leave DS unless something is done.

I mean I am lucky enough to have several systems running on the net at the same time so if one locks up I can swap over to the other, however not everyone can do this and people aren't going to risk the possible problems that pulling the plug on their computers can cause too many times.

I have no idea what has caused this, and to tell you the truth I am very quickly starting to no longer care as I will just stick with games that I know I will have none or very little problems with, I think many of the other players will be thinking the same if this goes on for too much longer.

Just for example I just watched the lobby go from having maybe 15 people in it to having 3 and all the other people are not ingame now.

If you are really serious about keeping this game going let people know whats is going on if you are unable to fix the problem.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-13 20:25   
As I understand it, this is all the result of repeated Denial of Service (DoS) attacks by an unknown party. Why they haven't been stopped yet is beyond me, but blaming Faustus is the wrong thing to do : /.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-13 23:22   
ok here's the situation, from the Guy In Charge no less.

mondays maintenance didnt quite go as planned. the chief piece of hardware, a new router/firewall box, didnt get installed. this is mostly corrected now, and faustus is working on getting servers prepped for transitions tomarrow by changing around some internal IP addresses. this incidently may be part of whats causing the major connection issues for a lot of players.
now, as far as being DDoS'd/hacked, faustus thinks its just random ip attacks, nothing targeted at us specificly.
as a side note, there have also been some news reports of the primary DNS servers for the internets getting also hit with DDoS attacks recently, this may or may not be causeing/have been causing some of the connection problems.

moving on.

faustus also thinks the website database may also be partially responsible for some of the problems, seems the mysql DB has been hitting 100% cpu useage, which would be causing the website to be sluggish in responding, or down altogether. faustus has set up a replicated database, but hasnt yet had time to switch the servers over to this backup database to reduce the load on the master DB.

so, yes faustus is aware of the problems of late, and yes he is working on getting them sorted out.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-02-14 03:52   
while i also have connection issues, im not experiencing any lag in the MV at all....
i mean i have had 1 desync of about 20 gu, and that is ALL in 2 days!

Page created in 0.009534 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR