No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Endless Disconnects whats going on?
 Author Endless Disconnects whats going on?
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-13 20:11   

Well I guess the new hardware is working well seeing since I have been online this time I have been disconnected no less than 8 times, I have had to try to login 4 times due to failed connection attempts.

I don't know about anyone else but my guess is not many people are going to put up with this kind of thing for too long before they just give up and not come back.

I had made a decission to give DS a 2nd go seeing there was a install of new hardware but how can anyone play a game when you are disconnected every few minutes.

All I can now say is I have made my decission as to what I intend to do about subbing to DS again when my current sub runs out, I am hoping that other people aren't having the same problems with disconnections that I am having otherwise DS might be in trouble.

To those people who keep sticking up for DS I say you are doing a good job and hopefully the person that has all of the control will see the support you are trying to give DS and will fix whatever it is that is causing the disconnects.

Good luck DS with an upgrade like the one that has been done I don't know how things could ever go wrong.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-13 20:26   
Do you really need to double post this?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-13 22:26   
double posting makes everything fun.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-13 23:18   
ok here's the situation, from the Guy In Charge no less.

mondays maintenance didnt quite go as planned. the chief piece of hardware, a new router/firewall box, didnt get installed. this is mostly corrected now, and faustus is working on getting servers prepped for transitions tomarrow by changing around some internal IP addresses. this incidently may be part of whats causing the major connection issues for a lot of players.
now, as far as being DDoS'd/hacked, faustus thinks its just random ip attacks, nothing targeted at us specificly.
as a side note, there have also been some news reports of the primary DNS servers for the internets getting also hit with DDoS attacks recently, this may or may not be causeing/have been causing some of the connection problems.

moving on.

faustus also thinks the website database may also be partially responsible for some of the problems, seems the mysql DB has been hitting 100% cpu useage, which would be causing the website to be sluggish in responding, or down altogether. faustus has set up a replicated database, but hasnt yet had time to switch the servers over to this backup database to reduce the load on the master DB.

so, yes faustus is aware of the problems of late, and yes he is working on getting them sorted out.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-14 12:24   
still sluggish. hope things are moving were spending more trying to connect than actually playin..

[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-15 01:13   
Quote:

On 2007-02-13 20:26, Prada wrote:
Do you really need to double post this?

Well if its a double post then i guess thats just too bad, u see I had some questions I wanted to ask so I posted them in a new thread so they would be answered.

Also if u knew it was a double post why did you bother to read it? Let me guess you read it just so you could complain? Well the above is the way it is and I guess if you don't like it then that is something you need to deal with.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-15 03:44   
anyways seems to be working fine now

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-15 17:32   
Quote:

On 2007-02-15 03:44, Prada wrote:
anyways seems to be working fine now

not for me

Page created in 0.016369 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR