No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » are the UGTO and Kluth putting up an Effort or are they giving up
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author are the UGTO and Kluth putting up an Effort or are they giving up
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-15 06:57   
just as the title states, whenever i come online to check up on progress i see 75% of the MV blue its like the ICC are the only active fleet this time, i dont see much effort put up to draw us off at all, whats going on here, and dont tell me its because of the connection problems i mean really......

so whats the deal? are yall sick of playing? or is it something else i'd like to know for real.....and this is not a flame its just an inqueury (SP)

Email GothThug {C?}
icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-15 09:14   
well im a very small minority but icc have had too many players there isnt much point anymore im the firts target so i dont fight anymore unless i know we have a proper chance for fear of demotion.. and well ds isnt busy these days icc well.. whats the point in trying to fight a fleet who use eds and bomber dreads? and that shield thing is anoying and the MCs not alot of point anymore goth... although ds is still fun and i do love to battle due to the fact whenever i jump in everyone turns on me i choose to back off sometimes ds will always be da no.1 game to have..

Russian Roulette with Muskets
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-15 10:24   
Have fun with the universe, we're going to chill a bit on earth.

Dionysian *EP5* (Angel of Destruction)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-02-15 13:52   
I kind of agree with Blueprint.

Early evening UK time - there are more ICC on than UGTO and personally i'm sick of fighting EDs or being heavily outnumbered so i'll just build or bomb some rebelled planets. If you wre outnumbered i could kind of understand the EDs but i've seen even fights between 2-3 ships a side ruined cos some foob breaks out an ED I'ben in a BD with a supp and a dessy against 2 ADS only to find an MC and 2 EDs joining the fight - Who in there right mind continues to fight against those odds

If the fleets are balanced then i've noticed a depressing urge to planet hug so out come the EADs and stations to fire QSTs to end the planet hugging and ICC log!!!

KLuth are better but due to there uber cloaks and weak armour i find fighting them frustrating. I mean how exciting can it be flying round waiting for someone to decloak for 10 secs before they cloak again. The only time kluth hang around is when they have a large fleet and a piercer which is not something i want to face alone or when outnumbered.

I know that the pres loss in combat in excessive so maybe the only answer if people want combat is to let each other go in combat to repair and come back and not hunt people down. Also for Senior ICC pilots to take some responsibility to educate the ED noobs that are driving away all the other combat pilots.

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-02-15 14:24   
eds seriously beat dread bar luth mandis and siphons = eds worst nightmare. so dios right not alot of point.. also its not funny being scared out of hell of being becaoned kluth tend to cloak quick cos of beacons beacon excessively is aproblem kluth the wrst thing is to be beaconed then get traced and lose soo much pres it is anoying but the luth need to stay alive in some shape or form..

[ This Message was edited by: HMS Blueprint on 2007-02-15 14:27 ]

*COMMANDERHAWK*
Chief Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-02-15 15:00   
i dont mean to brag or anything but i rember a few times when i was on my own cause eather i was outnumbered due to lack of players or me doing somthing off the wall like jumping into an armada alone with my battle dread just to kill a station ( 3 in 4 chance of sucess ) or that one week when everyone went kluth and icc and only a handfull of players were left on ugto to help out i stayed . anyway i may sound crazy but sometimes its just funn to do a few sucide missions or stand your ground even if you do lose a lot of pres in the prosess . and about the eds i looking foward to smacking em around next patch with a ead hopfully a redisined one ( fingers crossed )(-_-)

plan B : take someone with you

Email *COMMANDERHAWK*
Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-15 15:02   
Quote:

On 2007-02-15 13:52, Dionysian wrote:

KLuth are better but due to there uber cloaks and weak armour i find fighting them frustrating.

I am sure you didn't say uber. It takes us 5 seconds at least to uncloak and then recloak. During 4 of those seconds we can't shoot or use any PD. I would hardly call it uber. The fact that when we do uncloak armor is the weakest of any faction. I know you probably get bored waiting for us to find the right moment to strike, but don't call our cloak uber just our pilots .

I haven't been on much due to being very busy and for a bit there it was rather difficult to stay connected. I am glad to see that fixed(thank's admins). They also serve a good point that FS has really been out in numbers when they show up, but I haven't seen them in ED's I see them in AD's and Combat Dreads, and ESF is usually rolling around in missle crusers. I usally try to play with them for a little bit untill I die or just relise that it's pointless. Infact I haven't seen a ED in a while, or a PD for that matter I think everyones doing a better job of that.

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin on 2007-02-15 15:05 ]

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-02-15 15:31   
i have a feeling most luth are lolder and have these things called jobs. At night after 6pm for me anyway it seems there are more on than earlier.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-02-15 23:36   
i haven't loged in to mv for about 3 weeks now no point really

Email Borgie
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-02-16 00:57   
the solution to this is to play on Darkspen's combat server, the unmodded unupgraded one. it fixes all the uber ED problems.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-16 02:29   
Quote:

On 2007-02-16 00:57, leonide*FM* wrote:
the solution to this is to play on Darkspen's combat server, the unmodded unupgraded one. it fixes all the uber ED problems.

Its not laddered, and never will be, so whats the poiint.

Besides: Kluth are fine. Sure it sucks to wait for them AND it sucks if you find two or three kluth working in tandem (instead of that one man army mentality...) BUT as soon as they declock they have one foot in the grave.

Their armos can take what, 2 Volleys of enemy fire?

If youre human, lern to fly formations and to focus fire. No luth ship can take punishment from multiple enemys at once.

Cannons are your best shot against them too, since missile and torps will just explode when their target cloacks.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-02-16 03:48   
darkspace isnt just about the prestige, its about having fun and you can have fun without worrying about losing pres in that server

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-02-16 09:39   
Quote:

On 2007-02-16 03:48, Prada wrote:
darkspace isnt just about the prestige, its about having fun and you can have fun without worrying about losing pres in that server

where is the thrill in that?

There has to be some kind of penalty to dieing, else people start to do suicide runs instead of playing the game.

but i understand why YOU like it to be harmless...

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-02-16 11:08   
Quote:

On 2007-02-16 02:29, Daimen wrote:

Cannons are your best shot against them too, since missile and torps will just explode when their target cloacks.

Torps will not explode when they cloak. They will continue on their trajectory and you can manually detonate if they do not seem to be on target.

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-02-16 11:13   
Go look at sol as of 2/16/07 12:12pm est

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020979 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR