No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Jumping whilst travelling at speed
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Jumping whilst travelling at speed
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-01 16:41   
Actually, its probably worse for K'luth in this system.

Basically, you have to stop in order to jump. A weak armored ship standing still... it'd be dead before it got away.

A Kluth would always have to ejump away.

Providing a kluth DID get away, then they could cloak and be better off than other factions.

-Ent

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-01 16:52   
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 16:10, Enterprise wrote:
Dictors are easy targets...

When they're alone.

But dictors are never alone for very long.

All the better! it adds more fun and excitement! Most of the time people are in MV WISHING there was someone to fight

Quote:
And a dictor can very, very easily keep a fleet dictored and be out of range while its buddies kill you.

Never seen a Dictor that could BOTH keep me dictored AND be out of my Range.....1k gu Dictor? 3k GU Particle beams, 2k GU+ IT missiles, 25, and 35 GU/per sec. Dessies, Frigates, and scouts?

Quote:
Personally, I see dictors as being in general malicious.

Yeah well ANY ship I spawn is in general Malicious....I didn't log into the MV to hug your Mandy or AD, I came to kill it I can hug you in the lobby later

Quote:
And when someone dies - well in this version - the want to continue fighting is probably very low.

I can't argue with you there.....but its not the Dictors Fault. Hey don't get me wrong! I get extremely ill and upset sometimes when the only reason I didn't get away from the battle zone, and was destroyed was due to a Dictors Presense but....I knew that was a possiblity when I logged in

Quote:
Anyways back on topic.

Agreed

[ This Message was edited by: Feralwulf on 2007-03-01 16:54 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-01 17:02   
Time to smack the quotes back.

[quote]
On 2007-03-01 16:52, Feralwulf wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 16:10, Enterprise wrote:
Dictors are easy targets...

When they're alone.

But dictors are never alone for very long.

Quote:

All the better! it adds more fun and excitement! Most of the time people are in MV WISHING there was someone to fight

Yeah.. someone to fight without worrying they'll be jumped by five people and a dictor.

Do you see anyone WISHING they were fighting a dictor fleet?

Quote:
And a dictor can very, very easily keep a fleet dictored and be out of range while its buddies kill you.

Quote:

Never seen a Dictor that could BOTH keep me dictored AND be out of my Range.....1k gu Dictor? 3k GU Particle beams, 2k GU+ IT missiles, 25, and 35 GU/per sec. Dessies, Frigates, and scouts?

Particles can be dodged. IT missiles can be dodged, and unless your dessie is a PD/ED, good luck.

A dictor can keep someone trapped by staying 500-700gu away, and when they get close, using a jump drive to get a little bit more away, still keeping you from close jumping.

Also, a dictor would not run out of energy going full speed while doing all of this.

Quote:
Personally, I see dictors as being in general malicious.

Quote:

Yeah well ANY ship I spawn is in general Malicious....I didn't log into the MV to hug your Mandy or AD, I came to kill it I can hug you in the lobby later

Taking it out of context. Malicious as in - its only purpose is to make sure someone dies.

Every other ship just damages you. Every other ship lets you get away and come back for a fight.

This ones only role is to make sure you die. Die now. Die with no hope of getting away.

Getting a dictor on you is like its saying "Im going to make sure you die and lose prestige." At least against every other ship, its not a guaranteed thing.

Quote:
And when someone dies - well in this version - the want to continue fighting is probably very low.

Quote:

I can't argue with you there.....but its not the Dictors Fault. Hey don't get me wrong! I get extremely ill and upset sometimes when the only reason I didn't get away from the battle zone, and was destroyed was due to a Dictors Presense but....I knew that was a possiblity when I logged in

Actually it is the dictors fault. Its entirely the dictors fault. It doesnt have to be there. It chose to be there. It chose to make sure your ship did not get away.

It chose to make sure you died. And lost something for it.

No other reason.

-Ent

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-01 17:57   
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 17:02, Enterprise wrote:

No other reason.

Oh, I guess the enemy fleet is not supposed to let you escape?

"Oh i'm sorry, we seem to have you dictored. We'll let you go away now instead of yourselfs bringing your own dictor to the party. Bye"

...howcome I never see two sides with dictors on in the MV?

g0ds s0ldier
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-03-01 19:37   
The old jump system was better, there was actualy a point to combat then, not what it is now get some1 armor down to 79% and their gone, the point in that is? yea i dont know..

i agree with the kluth thing pretty much, but the old ECM/ECCM/Cloak system was better then this current one to me, but then again, i could go on for days about what WAS better in the past, but that doesnt really matter anymore as its gone for good.

i doubt anything will get changed too, id rather the incredible lag problem get fixed before a game change honestly.

-Honor is all.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-01 20:50   
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 17:57, Fattierob (2x Distortion Field) wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 17:02, Enterprise wrote:

No other reason.

Oh, I guess the enemy fleet is not supposed to let you escape?

"Oh i'm sorry, we seem to have you dictored. We'll let you go away now instead of yourselfs bringing your own dictor to the party. Bye"

...howcome I never see two sides with dictors on in the MV?

Just saying thats its intention. You dont gain prestige in it. You may increase your jump stat a fair bit. You're trying to kill your enemy sure - this one makes sure it happens.

Which for the other side, that is very unappealing. See the chain reaction yet?

Ill spell it out anyways.

Two sides are fighting, enjoying the time. One guy gets tired of not killing anything and brings a dictor to one fight. Other side sees it. Other side doesnt attack anymore because they dont want to get dictored and when damaged not be able to jump out.

Both sides get very, very bored. The side with the dictor can't attack the other side because they're probably hugging a planet. The side without wont go and get slaughtered.

Both sides eventually log, dead MV.

Dieing = bad idea to happen. Nearly Guaranteed death = People don't play.

[ This Message was edited by: Enterprise on 2007-03-01 20:53 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-03-01 21:33   
AAAAaaaaand..... as far as I know, modern dictors are capable of running under conditions that old dictors could never dream of... unless they were a piercer.

big john
Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-03-01 21:51   
Jump Drives:
I prefered the old system, much easier to get a kill, much easier to die. I felt it was a more fun system.

Thank you spending your valuable time reading this

John

[ This Message was edited by: big john on 2007-03-01 21:52 ]

_x$witchBladex_ [1.480 Fanboy]
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-01 22:02   
Quote:

And Sparkles, you should see what Kluth and UGTO def do to poor trannies

Miss old jumping...ejumping so you could get so close to the planet that missiles couldn't get ya
* [=TB=]Enterprise @39933 sent to Clan: "Thats a lie Switch, you'd never let anyone else drink rum if it were right there. You'd slip teh roofies in and start drinking it yourself and not even realize it."

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-03-01 22:06   
i like current jump system, because getting away the first time doesnt mean you wont get away the second, which was a major disadvantage for dreadnaughts and other larger ships that couldnt recharge fast enough before. now instead of having to recharge AND repair, u can just recharge and already be at maneuvering speed when u come out of jump.

as for dictors:

dictors beget fleets to take advantage of dictor

how do you defend against a dictor fleet?

get your own fleet! or even get your own dictor! even the playing field, use tactics, play the game intelligently instead of mashing spacebar. use some style, do it the larky way.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-03-01 22:20   
I'd be all for that, if it weren't for the issue of player numbers... if two people are both dictors just to counter each other, it's sort of a waste of two people.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-03-02 03:31   
Quote:

On 2007-03-01 22:06, Lark of Serenity wrote:
i like current jump system, because getting away the first time doesnt mean you wont get away the second, which was a major disadvantage for dreadnaughts and other larger ships that couldnt recharge fast enough before. now instead of having to recharge AND repair, u can just recharge and already be at maneuvering speed when u come out of jump.

as for dictors:

dictors beget fleets to take advantage of dictor

how do you defend against a dictor fleet?

get your own fleet! or even get your own dictor! even the playing field, use tactics, play the game intelligently instead of mashing spacebar. use some style, do it the larky way.

You say that like one side can see a dictor fleet and just say "We're gonna form a fleet!" and then its so.

Real MV dun work that like that.

Typically, its cause one side has more numbers and a dictor is the reason, but even both sides being even, one would refuse to get a dictor cause they favor non-dictored combat anyways.

I think most of us do...

-Ent

flyhawk
Commander

Posted: 2007-03-02 08:33   
i tink the JD syteem schoudl only be used in a fhew severs wich give the player the option to chose wich kind of battle they like

this schould make both player he disagree and agree happy schould''t it?

flyhawk

Email flyhawk
Darksworde
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-03-02 11:24   
Should go back to the old system if you ask me. It required more planning to ensure you stayed alive or some fancy piloting when u e-jumped.

Email Darksworde   Goto the website of Darksworde
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-02 13:18   
[quote]
On 2007-03-01 20:50, Enterprise wrote:
Quote:

Two sides are fighting, enjoying the time. One guy gets tired of not killing anything and brings a dictor to one fight. Other side sees it. Other side doesnt attack anymore because they dont want to get dictored and when damaged not be able to jump out.

Both sides get very, very bored. The side with the dictor can't attack the other side because they're probably hugging a planet. The side without wont go and get slaughtered.

oh, because the otherside without a dictor pulling out a dictor isn't an option? And i'm sure it's not too hard to raise a ruckus (Ie: pretend to attack another planet) and place the dictor on the most obvious path betweent he planet hugging fleet and the ruse - problem solved.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.022982 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR