No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Stalker
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Stalker
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-03-26 16:06   
I have been watching the defelopment of the game from around 2003
the engine powering the game was revolutionairy for that time but currently i think it is lacking.
the style of play is diferent from what you could say present.
unlike most games you do not advance from level to level but the enviroment allowing you can travel everywhere.
the had the game partialy completed around 3Q 2005 but the themselves called the game back.
To this day don't know why but the must have there reasons, wel in anny case the published a alpha version of that first game, and i was impressed.
until today from there lengening of the development from 2005 i haven't had anny chance to get anny feedback on how the game was developing, exept from there own news releases, and from the invervieuw on tv of there recent tour the were givven of the GSC game world facility and there expirences the have had on there interaction of the game.
(there old work place)

[personal]
to be honust i got more kickes from reading the sidenotes and revieuws the staff it self and there guests about the location and storyline than about news posts and the previeuws of the game it self
[/personal]

i have yet to play the game.
but looking past the gaphical and maby chaotical gameplay i wil say this game might bring a new depth to moderm games.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-03-26 16:14   
Quote:

On 2007-03-25 14:04, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Two endings, both end at the same part.

Facts straight > *.

7 endings. Doesn't matter if it's at the same place in the game. There are 7 endings.

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-03-26 16:27   
Quote:

On 2007-03-26 15:27, Fattierob (x2 Distortion Field) wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-03-24 21:17, -RevenG- wrote:
Think of it as Oblivion with guns.

Half Life 2?

Half Life 2 is linear.

After playing a bit, I'm on the fence of Stalker. It's definately a lot less expansive than Oblivion, no real dungeons or such, I think. I like the combat for the most part, although the humans, and I'm assuming, the more advanced enemies, have too much health to make pistols much use. SMG's, rifles, and shotguns seem to be the only real choice for taking on large groups of enemies.

The AI isn't all that great. They don't use the grenades they carry, at least not yet, and only do some basic flanking when you're behind cover. I haven't encountered any mutants beyond dogs and other 4 legged creatures (except for one encounter you have to runthehellaway from) so I can't comment on those... if they even exist.

Right now, my biggest beef is with the distances involved between important points. You can't sprint for very long and you "run" ungodly slow without sprinting. At least they improved on the thing Oblivion had where if you went even 1 "weight" over your limit, you couldn't move. You simply tire more easily and can't sprint for long.

But I'm reserving total judgement for later in the game.

Email Tbone
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.005748 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR