No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +10.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » I'm making a prediction that ICC planets will be overpowered
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author I'm making a prediction that ICC planets will be overpowered
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-29 10:55   
So you think since the best defense is offense, that ICC should have uberships to defend their planets and to attack other planets, since it is(in essence) the best defense...?

Fatal Command (CO)
Marshal
Fatal Squadron

From: over here in New York noticing some ppl are like canoes.....they need to be paddled.
Posted: 2007-05-04 13:20   
ok......here's how you do it.....

ecm scout...all ecm except for 1 scanner....USED to be 3kGUs..no idea on 484.send in scout..scout finds power gen..targets it...Bomber targets scout and looks thru camera...find target...lock on..run in....BOOOOOOM........Big total whiteout of screen....power gen gone...rinse repeat.

now whether thats gonna ork in 484 is anyone's guess....but it worked great in 480.

Email Fatal Command (CO)
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-10 15:04   
Quote:

On 2007-05-04 13:20, Fatal Command*CO* wrote:
ok......here's how you do it.....

ecm scout...all ecm except for 1 scanner....USED to be 3kGUs..no idea on 484.send in scout..scout finds power gen..targets it...Bomber targets scout and looks thru camera...find target...lock on..run in....BOOOOOOM........Big total whiteout of screen....power gen gone...rinse repeat.

now whether thats gonna ork in 484 is anyone's guess....but it worked great in 480.

Planets rotate. This won't work.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-11 04:37   
Bombs track.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-24 19:36   
Quote:

On 2007-05-11 04:37, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Bombs track.

Okay. Suppose you're attacking a planet near the side of the planet, from your angle, disappearing from your view.

the bomb is going to skim past the planet and miss.

Besides, bombs tracking makes it too easy.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-05-24 20:25   
imagine how hard it is gonna be in .484....and i am pretty sure bombs tracked in previous versions too...so why change it?

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-24 22:20   
Quote:

On 2007-05-24 19:36, Fattierob (x2 Red Gyarados) wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-11 04:37, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Bombs track.

Okay. Suppose you're attacking a planet near the side of the planet, from your angle, disappearing from your view.

What you're saying makes no ense.

"Attacking a planet near the side of a planet, from my angle, disapearing from my view".

Also, the bombs will home onto whatever you select - they wont go past unless you select a point past the planet manually.

Captain Splendid
1st Rear Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-25 08:34   
Quote:

On 2007-05-24 19:36, Fattierob (x2 Red Gyarados) wrote:

Wouldn't they hit an area of the nearside between you and your intended target?

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-25 19:22   
I'll draw this out.

Anyway, this is moot to this topic.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-05-25 22:41   
It me, or does that look like something from Sex Ed?

Email Supertrooper
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-05-26 09:37   
Well, I did have a ugto bomber in my mind when I did this sketch.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-05-26 19:18   
Kinky.

Email Supertrooper
Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-04 10:01   
* [=CSA=]Feralwulf points to The Rules of Conduct (RoC) Section 3.1.5 d Any exchange that alludes to or creates sexual innuendo or implies any form of sexually explicit behavior is forbidden.

Put the Crayons down Fattierob.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-07 21:02   
Quote:

On 2007-03-31 16:49, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Yeah. It'd be freaking awesome if we had huge battles over single planets, and not the entire MV in a night.

I mean, it'd be A LOT easier to find target and/or battles. If one planet is being assaulted all day, you know where the action's going to be. Not, "I was at Earth ten minutes ago, they were attacking, I have no idea where we are now".

It also means something. I mean, if your fleet captures a planet in 1.484, it should mean a lot. Co-ordination, teamwork, etc - all go into capturing that planet.

I'm afraid that instead of all day planet sieges, we will wind up with lots of off-hours planet sieges (in Dark Age Of Camelot we used to call them "alarm clock raids" since the enemy would purposely raid at like 4am knowing we were all still asleep)

I know many of you guys are optimistic about these changes, but I'm seeing a lot of negative consequences too. Instead of massive teamwork during peak hours, fleets will resort to off-hours attacks and there will much bickering and arguing and frustration.

Bombing planets should be a team effort, I'm in total agreement with that. BUT...I do not and never have agreed with ICC getting planet shields+pulse beam defense bases+bomber dread+bomber destroyer. That makes them both the most offensive AND most defensive faction. Darkspace is all about planets, and ICC has the monopoly on planet capping and defending.

I remember back in 1.480 when ICC only had planetary shields and regular laser defense bases. It worked great back then. Then the pulse beams were introduced and people had to resort to exploiting the faulty collision detection of newly-launched bombs to get them past the pulse beams (yes, it may be an accepted tactic but it's still an exploit when you think about it).

I can't wait for 1.484 beta. I've been on an extended leave-of-absence from DS in anticipation of it (1.483 is just too frustrating). I really want to see how easy it is to bomb and capture a Kluth or UGTO planet vs an ICC, because I predict it will be ridiculously easy in comparison. Kluth defense bases won't be able to stop bombs since they fire too slow; UGTO defense bases are only marginally better. When it comes to defense bases, speed of the laser beam is essential. A quick beam like a pulse beam is what's wanted, not a slow beam like a disruptor.

For me it really comes down to defense bases. I know it sounds silly, but I want the old defense bases back, where every faction had the same exact defense beams...not too fast and not too slow.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-07 22:54   
We'll be creating specific planetary beam weapons for all factions in 1.484 (or changing the current ones significantly).

HCL's and Assault Disruptors just aren't balanced enough when put in comparison with Pulse Beams (I know they're meant to be better, but not to the degree that they currently are).

Pulse Beams I can see being largely untouched (less damage), but the AD's and HCL's will probably go, with low damage, and slighter faster recharge times (although not to the same tune as ICC).

I know ICC are meant to have pulse beams, and they will probably be marginaly better than UGTO and K'luth (we'll probably give UGTO and K'luth extra range and slower rate of fire in comparison with shorter range and much faster rate of fire), but we obviously need to do something to make it hard for all factions, and not just UGTO and K'luth.

Bare in mind that ICC will be losing a few bomb racks on their bomber dread (other ships pending review), so it'll slow them down too.

Beta's back up for now by the way, but you won't see any of the changes until Faustus releases the new backend (supposed release on the 16th this month), and the resourcer is fixed.

- Jack

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022267 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR