No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Mir Hunting please read/comment
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Mir Hunting please read/comment
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-02 22:42   
Pres farming? I gain about 300 pres each battle, but lose about 300 when i die(which is about every other time)

Coombie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-04-03 04:10   

I think the mir are a total kick in the pants for all the players who earned their kills and combat pres the right way. we didnt have stupid ai mobs to farm and thay should be removed to keep the integrity of the game.
or disable pres gain and kill tallys from fighting them.

regards Coombie

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-03 04:17   
No.. you had overpowered luth ships to get combat Try using something OTHER than an ED and try to get any kills this patch

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-04-03 07:08   
I am finding my major problem with this mir thing to be the lag. Either my internet or my computer just cant cope with all the ships and firepower. screen freezes and 2 minute delays to commands being recognized it common. Shooting ships right in front of you only to have them lag to 2000 gu away happens constantly too.

Can we get a SMALLER cluster of mir to spawn in conjunction with the big cluster, for those of us with crappy connections/computers?

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-04-03 08:14   
Quote:

On 2007-04-03 07:08, Kanman *FC2* wrote:
I am finding my major problem with this mir thing to be the lag. Either my internet or my computer just cant cope with all the ships and firepower. screen freezes and 2 minute delays to commands being recognized it common. Shooting ships right in front of you only to have them lag to 2000 gu away happens constantly too.

Can we get a SMALLER cluster of mir to spawn in conjunction with the big cluster, for those of us with crappy connections/computers?

Don't use school computers with intergrated graphics cards.

@Coombie, cmon mate, we had CL2K @ K'luth and more combat prestige from 1.480.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-04-03 08:25   
I have my computer, same as always Jack, but I cannot help using the communal dorm connection to the internet. That is the only internet available.

It is just frustrating to shoot all your weapons until your energy hits zero only to watch the enemy's armor continue to REPAIR rather than take damage. Then suddenly you have 17% armor and 81% hull when you saw nothing shoot you. then you Ejump but it doesnt Ejump for aother 45 seconds, all the while you continue to take damage from the nowhere-to-be-seen mir ship. That huge cluster of Mir with all the player ships around too makes it very difficult to join in the fun. So far, the best I have been able to do is sit in a station and repair friendlies. I know others are having the same significant lag problem when fighting the mir cluster. I just wish there were a smaller group of mir (perhaps 4-7 ships) that we could engage.

MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-03 08:45   
Quote:

On 2007-04-03 04:10, Coombie wrote:

I think the mir are a total kick in the pants for all the players who earned their kills and combat pres the right way. we didnt have stupid ai mobs to farm and thay should be removed to keep the integrity of the game.
or disable pres gain and kill tallys from fighting them.

regards Coombie

Umm yeah we did We had gaifens and AI transports. Not that I farmed them (I would rather send AI transports out on scouting missions), but some people did.

It's no big deal really. It's not like kill/death ratio means anything. And currently the MIR offer a good way to earn combat prestige in a version where it's earned agonizingly slowly. You and me and all the other older players earned our combat prestige in versions where it rose at a decent pace. Newer players are having a very tough time earning it this version.

Plus, it's just fun. That's the most important part. It makes DS even more fun than it was. And if you want to increase the player base you have to have a fun game.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-04-03 08:51   
Quote:

On 2007-04-03 08:25, Kanman *FC2* wrote:
I have my computer, same as always Jack, but I cannot help using the communal dorm connection to the internet. That is the only internet available.

It is just frustrating to shoot all your weapons until your energy hits zero only to watch the enemy's armor continue to REPAIR rather than take damage. Then suddenly you have 17% armor and 81% hull when you saw nothing shoot you. then you Ejump but it doesnt Ejump for aother 45 seconds, all the while you continue to take damage from the nowhere-to-be-seen mir ship. That huge cluster of Mir with all the player ships around too makes it very difficult to join in the fun. So far, the best I have been able to do is sit in a station and repair friendlies. I know others are having the same significant lag problem when fighting the mir cluster. I just wish there were a smaller group of mir (perhaps 4-7 ships) that we could engage.

I suggest you ask someone using your connection to stop using torrents.

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-03 14:51   
The whole Mir/AI thing is still a work in progress, Changes were made to reduce the numbers, they are now Neutral (Yellow) rather than Enemy (Red) which 1) reduces Pres gain a great deal, and 2) makes them a bit harder to Target. And other Changes I am sure will come.

Its Tuesday and 36 players in MV.....fair change from the 10-15 every Tuesday now for nearly 2 years.

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-03 15:05   
Quote:

On 2007-04-03 08:14, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

Don't use school computers with intergrated graphics cards.

and what if we do

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-03 15:07   
Then you suck.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-03 15:23   
Well then I hope it doesnt change so much that no one cares to hunt them anymore and we go back to the 10-11 players a night.

Email Challenger
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-03 16:03   
Quote:

On 2007-04-03 14:51, Feralwulf wrote:
The whole Mir/AI thing is still a work in progress, Changes were made to reduce the numbers, they are now Neutral (Yellow) rather than Enemy (Red) which 1) reduces Pres gain a great deal, and 2) makes them a bit harder to Target. And other Changes I am sure will come.

Its Tuesday and 36 players in MV.....fair change from the 10-15 every Tuesday now for nearly 2 years.

Yeah and I think that's due directly to the MIR and the fact that there's potentially always something to do in the MV if you're like me and don't want to bomb anymore.

BTW, is it possible for the script to automatically end after a certain amount of time? I and a few others have a feeling that 1 or 2 stray MIR last night flew off into deep space and prevented a new spawn.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-03 16:12   
I think the script stopped at mv reboot cuz draf said it wasnt broken, but it was off.

Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-04-03 18:58   

[ This Message was edited by: Devils Advocate on 2007-04-03 20:45 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021366 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR