No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Mir Hunting please read/comment
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Mir Hunting please read/comment
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-03 19:56   
Quote:

On 2007-04-03 08:45, MrSparkle wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-04-03 04:10, Coombie wrote:

I think the mir are a total kick in the pants for all the players who earned their kills and combat pres the right way. we didnt have stupid ai mobs to farm and thay should be removed to keep the integrity of the game.
or disable pres gain and kill tallys from fighting them.

regards Coombie

Umm yeah we did We had gaifens and AI transports. Not that I farmed them (I would rather send AI transports out on scouting missions), but some people did.

It's no big deal really. It's not like kill/death ratio means anything. And currently the MIR offer a good way to earn combat prestige in a version where it's earned agonizingly slowly. You and me and all the other older players earned our combat prestige in versions where it rose at a decent pace. Newer players are having a very tough time earning it this version.

Plus, it's just fun. That's the most important part. It makes DS even more fun than it was. And if you want to increase the player base you have to have a fun game.

Well if its fun they obviously wont mind them being worth alot less prestige.

I honestly could care less if its fun. DS has never been supposed to be easy street. AI is fun. I do not like the previous mirv brats - who have already gained access to high rank ships from bombing - can now earn some combat points the absurdly easy way - just like bombing.

Its about time they - and everyone else - realize that getting to GA is not supposed to fast, or easy. Getting combat prestige, getting any prestige, is not supposed to be fast, or easy. It would be fun if it were actually easier to get past armor and shields, if players had more hull, and the obscene amounts of prestige loss was reduced.

I'm glad they are yellow now. If they are fun, then people wont care if they are worth much less prestige. I get increasing tired of new players complaining about how hard it is. If its too hard, go play Eve. they might coddle you there.

DS has been fun before without AI, and here, they server to draw the factions together which IS major fun. But a low risk death for high prestige, is too much like bombing. No thanks.

-Ent

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2007-04-03 20:12   
Speaking from the point of view of a developer, if the game is not fun and if the majority of players aren't having fun, we are doing something wrong.

We make every every to balance things as much as possible given the current circumstances before introducing them on a permanent basis.

Goto the website of Drafell
MrSparkle
Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-03 20:44   
I agree with almost everything you said Ent, except for MIR being a low risk. The MIR are fragile like the Kluth are, but if you get jumped by a few you can lose your ship pretty quickly. They're a low risk if you're flying in a fleet but they can quickly overwhelm you. I've seen it happen.

My question is how do Kluth feel about the MIR? (Do we even have any Kluth players anymore?). I've seen what a MIR dread and some cruisers can do to my BD, and I've seen them quickly sap all the energy from my EAD...yes I know EADs suck this version ...and I can only imagine that Kluth have a very difficult time with them. It fits the lore though.

Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-03 21:13   
Well unfortunately Enterprise some people don’t know that it is supposed to be hard to get GA and never will till the new patch comes out. Some came into this game after the last release and while yes it sucks that things are to easy now it isn’t our fault. People complain and people leave. The game becomes less fun and even less fun for us Vets. Then they add the Mir and it is a fun addition.

Now I never was and never am going to be one that exploits or takes an easy street. I rarely bomb and when I do it is almost always neuts. I agree that DS isn’t supposed to be an easy game to play and should be hard as hell as it has been in the past. But it is a Game and I thought games were supposed to be fun. Adding the Mir has made it a little more Fun I could care less if there was any pres to be gained by them at all. I originally posted this thread because I wanted to say thanks for adding something fun to the game, and I still stand by that. Also to make some comments/suggestions about it.

I hope to God someday the whole balance thing gets worked out and all these destroyer flying... planet bombing people will have to move on to something else or leave the game all together. But it is broke, I know my prestige is legitimate and I know the difference in character of the people I fly with, who is real and who are easy street people. But truly I like the Mir for the fun they provide not because of the potential that they can be exploited. We have seen changes made to stop or help prevent the exploiting. I also know that an eye will stay on the issue and if need be more changes will be made as necessary.

Anyway Thank you.

Email Challenger
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-04 05:01   
And AI to me is is fun, and I don't truely as by itself dislike it, much like bombing. I am simply stating, I was hoping it was not to become like bombing, just some source of free prestige for people.

And in a fleet I want to point out they are easy. Five people together can make short work of MIR, just to state it, and often enough there are more than five people there often when MIR show up. Easier than fighting each other at least.

Anyways, as long as they stay as they are, they are fine.

-Ent

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-04-04 11:27   
Kluth get beaten by MIR pretty quickly, good point is MIR dont use beacons, but with the uncloacking time, you can be hit way before firing and being able to cloack, so i usually hit hull just for shooting one full round

Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-04-04 15:26   
my gosh some people need to learn to speak english around here... *coughentcough*

alright, so far it seems the Mir are doing nothing but helping the game, so i say that for now atleast we just let draf and the devs have their fun with them, because it lets ppl have their fun with them too. if u dont like em so much, shoot em down before the newbies do.

secondly, 2 worthwhile comments were made

1) kluth having trouble with mir: true... i can see a kluth ship being very easy prey if people are even having trouble holding onto a battlestation in a fight with Mir. they *do* have cloaks tho, im not 100% sure but id guess that the Mir cant see through a cloak like the lore says they can. so at the very least kluth have that.

2) Mir flying off and preventing other spawns: maybe a way to solve this is to just make the Mir ships self-destruct after a given period of time. itd be kinda creepy in a way, if suddenly a whole fleet just self destructed for no reason. you might be saying "that makes no sense, whyd they do that?" but hey, theyre machines, they dont care about lives. im sure someone can come up with a good excuse.

Spiritlift
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-04 15:52   
mir are fun but random spawns 4 no reason? make them attack a factions planet , with 3 factions , time between incurrences are increased.
decrease kill/combat pres gain on them but also decrease pres loss from them , they are good training for 'noobs' n make an instant party in mv .

yaz all keep arguing over petty thingz , after the 7odd yrs this games been going , it should be a completed version with patches by now , the way its going youll still be spitting out bugged versions in 2022..

pres or no pres , the mir need to fit in somewhere , doesnt any1 think of the mir?!?!? give them a home in a 'premium system' for premium subscribers only n send em on intestellar invasion missions once a day for each faction, so we can all get a taste.. might even make a few quid there .. oh wait , ud need the playerbase which ofc brings us back to overpolicing n welcoming ppl of all walks of life.. then if we got a good 1000+ active playerbase daily, servers would blow up .. que sera sera .. bring on the MIR!

oh n btw backslash , the guy u say has torrents running, n pickn on his net conn, i have adsl2+ , download from most sites at 1mb/s+++ yet the mir lagged me also, jumping 2kgu away n back again , was near impossible to play when 3factions n mir all clustered...

Goto the website of Spiritlift
Challenger
Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-04 21:46   
Good idea hehe make a new system for the Mir and let the 6+ year vets fly them

Email Challenger
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-04 22:09   
The problem with mir attacking planets is I thought they only had certain ships(longhead, legion cruiser, and a supply? All I have heard of so far) so they cant..

Atomic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-04 23:07   
Well i've been kicked everytime i've played against MIR and i haven't seen a pirate ship yet, so can't really say much about them but MIR definately has a major problem with lag. It's good to play against new ships but i can't play against them, it's a reason most don't understand how can you say MIR is a great new injection into DS when some can't play against them. I prefer to play against players ( my own opinon ) i have many other games against AI bots with no lag, i don't see the point of adding bots to a player based game when your own planets are being attacked by another faction MIR will always lose to that. And i dont think an extra 5 players come along becasue of MIR a great step forward.

I think the players should be put first instead of the bots.

If players are being kicked becasue of MIR then the MIR should be removed till players dont get kicked.

Otherwise it will be reversed and bots will be the dominate ships in MV.

Atomic.

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic on 2007-04-04 23:48 ]

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-05 00:02   
Quote:

On 2007-04-04 23:07, Atomic wrote:
Well i've been kicked everytime i've played against MIR and i haven't seen a pirate ship yet, so can't really say much about them but MIR definately has a major problem with lag. It's good to play against new ships but i can't play against them, it's a reason most don't understand how can you say MIR is a great new injection into DS when some can't play against them. I prefer to play against players ( my own opinon ) i have many other games against AI bots with no lag, i don't see the point of adding bots to a player based game when your own planets are being attacked by another faction MIR will always lose to that. And i dont think an extra 5 players come along becasue of MIR a great step forward.

I think the players should be put first instead of the bots.

If players are being kicked becasue of MIR then the MIR should be removed till players dont get kicked.

Otherwise it will be reversed and bots will be the dominate ships in MV.

Atomic.

With lag, if you are on when not many others are on(like 10 or 12) not that many mir will spawn and there is usually less lag. I only lag when 36 people are on.

Also 5 more players, however small, is a step in the right direction. The more the better even if it is just 5 or if it is 20. The people are being put before the bots, obviously. The AI are here to promote teamwork, combat, and FUN. When ICC, UGTO, and luth all go to the same location to kill mir, they end up attacking each other when the mir are gone. Therefore the MIR promote combat against other people(and make it fun at the same time)

As for people losing ships to mir, who cares? It is FUN.

And last but not least..

MIR are not here to be a big part of the game. I see them once or twice a day in the MV and that is all we really need. It gets people out of the lobby and into the game.

Atomic
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-05 00:14   
I can't join mv when mir are on.....you still don't get it do you.

How can people kill the mir and then kill the other factions when you cant' join mv or join then get kicked when you in your home system or futher from mir.

Only a certain few people can play against mir, i'm not one of them so now i have to wait in lobby till mir are gone...get it now...

Where is your player based game going when you introduce elements that kick paying players so that AI bots can play ?

Atomic.

Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-04-05 00:22   
Why can't you join? You are the ONLY one I know of that cannot which means it is something on your end.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-04-05 02:05   
Quote:

On 2007-04-05 00:14, Atomic wrote:
I can't join mv when mir are on.....you still don't get it do you.

How can people kill the mir and then kill the other factions when you cant' join mv or join then get kicked when you in your home system or futher from mir.

Only a certain few people can play against mir, i'm not one of them so now i have to wait in lobby till mir are gone...get it now...

Where is your player based game going when you introduce elements that kick paying players so that AI bots can play ?

Atomic.

Certain FEW?

Explain why it is then, that when the Mir are in the MV, the MV see's it's player numbers rise higher than it has in years...

The AI are there to spark battles and get people playing, not so that everyone can farm prestige. If you're having issues joining, I suggest you look at your own computer first, as the numbers heavily suggest that you are wrong in your theory.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-04-05 02:26 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021471 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR