No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Virginia Tech
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
 Author Virginia Tech
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-18 13:08   
The media is a tricky thing, along with history. Think about all the violence in the past, for land, for property, for governments, etc. But do we hold memorials for everyone of those?, no. So only specific ones are cherrypicked to help the nation. Yes I agree, the recent killing of students is saddening, but we should not forget that there are many more violent acts out there.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-04-18 13:29   
Quote:

On 2007-04-18 12:52, Musiqsoulman Koyaanisqatsi *FM* wrote:

They obviously don't count. When I was in Chicago, and I was on a bridge on the Chicago river, a plaque was dedicated to the first man crossing the river.

They were obviously considering the first "WHITE" man, cos I suppose, others don't count as human beings.

Assuming this isnt a simple wooden bridge from decades ago, they probably picked a "famous" person (major maybe) to walk over it at the opening.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-04-18 13:32   
History is written by the victors.

-Ent

icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-04-18 13:55   
its sad.. i have a problem when i hear about anyone whos lost there life it gets to me.. i know lots of violent acts happen... its stupid and unfair.. its suppost to be i know.. i just dont know what would pocess somone to do such a thing... the fact someone felt that sad is deeply disturbing.. maybe ur right maybe we dont memorials for them all.. but a life is a life worth more than money.. and more than relationships.. i personally hope for not a memorial but just a few seconds thought the dead deserve it at least.. just a few seconds for all teh bad stuff that goes on in the world im sure theres lots of u have lost loved ones.. maybe its just worth conisdering a few seconds for the peopel who just like us were going day to day i know this is not ds related.. but ent i know death is death.. it happens but its not something to lie down and say oh well they died what a shame its all to different when its someone of ur own family.. i dont know what id do without my relatives not a memorial just a few seconds thought...

-Carlin R

[ This Message was edited by: HMS Blueprint on 2007-04-18 14:15 ]

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-04-18 15:27   
Christ on a stick...why oh why is the VT story on here? I cant escape it, everywhere i look, VT this, VT that. Is it just me being without a soul or do others not give one crap about this "happening"?

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-04-18 16:10   
Quote:

Assuming this isnt a simple wooden bridge from decades ago, they probably picked a "famous" person (major maybe) to walk over it at the opening.

It is not. It's the Michigan Avenue Bridge, downtown in Chicago. Unfortunately I can't seem to find a reference to that brass, but I vividly remember it being dedicated to that mister Somebody, "first" man that back in 17-18th century or whenever, crossed the Chicago river.

Maybe somebody from Chicago can shed some light about this, but it's quite unimportant.

Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-04-19 10:35   
Has anybody noticed a certain parallel between the character of Travis Bickle (De niro) in Taxi Driver and Cho Seung-hui of the VT Massacre?

Even from the details emerging from his crazy letters and video, the same kind of hate towards the world and outmost loniless seem quite similiar.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Musiqsoulman Koyaanisqatsi *FM* on 2007-04-19 10:36 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Musiqsoulman Koyaanisqatsi *FM* on 2007-04-19 10:38 ]

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-04-19 11:33   
the fact people give this worthless excuse for a bag of blood any attention just amplifies what he wanted to accomplish. Just drop it. This jack-off was just another waste of flesh too lazy to do something about his problems. It isn't uncommon, this crap or things close to it happens every day in some countries. Stop making such a big deal out of this...hes just a weak person with a lame handgun.

PS: now if he did this with a hatchet, or a stick, maybe even a tire iron....now that would be interesting and worth the attention. At least it would have been creative.

[ This Message was edited by: SANITY ASSASSIN on 2007-04-19 11:34 ]

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-04-19 11:37   
I agree with you, this guy shouldn't be excused.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-19 13:04   
my 2 cents: I've been keeping track of this thing since it happened and well sorry to say, but honestly, whoever thought home schooling was a good idea is a genius i mean really, take advantage of that fact because public schools arent safe anymore no matter how much security it has, someone will always find a way too bring guns/explosives into the building, its unavoidable,

Now the VA tech thing is the worst thing since Columbine back in 1996 and it took 2 shooters but this doesnt mean it was right,

The moral of this story is ladies and gents is too be nice to your fellow man, do not tease them relentlessly, do not hate them for their nationality, skin color, race or religion or their sexuality....because when someone who has been made fun of their whole life especially this guy, he will snap and attempt to do the same thing.....so guys please...be nice no matter how annoying they are

Email GothThug {C?}
Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-04-19 13:09   
Quote:

The moral of this story is ladies and gents is too be nice to your fellow man, do not tease them relentlessly, do not hate them for their nationality, skin color, race or religion or their sexuality....because when someone who has been made fun of their whole life especially this guy, he will snap and attempt to do the same thing.....so guys please...be nice no matter how annoying they are

Sure but, I suppose that he wasn't being picked at, of course all people that knew him stated that they did all they could to reach out to him.

Of course now, anybody can say anything.

Ragglock
Marshal
BIOnics Industry Syndicate

Posted: 2007-04-19 13:22   
was just reading this chilling fact :

Quote:

In 2005, Cho Seung-hui was temporarily detained for a psychiatric assessment, as he was suspected to be mentally ill and a danger to himself or others by a Montgomery County, Virginia district court.
Virginia Special Justice Paul Barnett certified in an order that Cho Seung-hui "presents an imminent danger to himself as a result of mental illness," and directed that as a "Court-ordered Out-Patient he follow all recommended treatments."
Following a psychiatric evaluation and medical exam which noted Cho's flat affect and depressed mood, he was told to undergo outpatient care and was released.Some reports state that Cho is believed to have been taking psychiatric medications for depression, but there is no record of this in federal prescription databases.

this raise the serius question :

how the Frack can someone like this, with this profile, go buy guns legally ?

if US gun laws made any sense, someone with an profile like this should be the first not to have the rights to carry or buy any form of weapons, for the rest of his life.

well i guess thats what you can expect in an country that have an VP that can shoot his friend in the head and get away with it

hail to the NRA (idiots)

probably not the last time im afraid

LOVE the smell of human flesh in the morning smells like MVictory

Goto the website of Ragglock
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-04-19 17:15   
I agree with Sanity Assassin on this one.

Better to deal with the issue elsewhere and not precipitate a flame war while we're at it.

Email Shigernafy
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Page created in 0.020838 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR