No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.7 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » any U guys got BF1942/Vietnam?
 Author any U guys got BF1942/Vietnam?
Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2007-05-12 21:30   
Got my new computer....but I am having a problem running Battlefield 1942 (and all its expansions), as well as Battlefield Vietnam. First of all this cpu is 2x the speed of the one I'm using to write this, and can at most handle 24 players in AI-COOP ... that with some slowdown. My new one should have no problems whatsoever. Here's my problem....game loads fine, I load the map, map starts, about 5-10 seconds after the spawn counter iinishes,,,the game freezes and I need to CTRL ALT DEL to close it down...and it will say the game isnt responding. I tried to see i it had to do with my setting the game t 64 players...which according to Jack should be no obstacle...I set it to 24 like on THIS cpu...game loads fine up to the point o the preliminary spawn counter finishing. Any ideas here? I'm going to look into a non-DELL driver for my video card just in case the one that came with is the problem...but I'm not sure i thats likely.

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,
and feed the charred remains to the Pak'ma'ra.\" - Capt. John Sheridan

Email Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-05-13 02:55   
you got dual core??
some time back we had a problem with a friend running Hypertreading on this pc.
BF1942 had about the same problem you discribed.
i know hyperthreading is diferent than dual core and might even result in more errors than real cores.
stil problem could be the same. game can't handel dual cores.

If not. i hope jack might pop in and give more insight he is the gameing man.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore[NL] //PSYCHO\\ on 2007-05-13 03:22 ]

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2007-05-13 03:51   
how nice.....i FINALLY have a computer that is as fast...or nearly so as my 1.3 cpu and the one I had taht died...and it has issues running a game that the 2 cpus I used to play it on would run them but not near the levels I wanted.....

\"Oh you could do that. And I could nail your head to the table, set fire to it,

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-05-13 04:21   
can happen to most. however i find it unlikely that it would be a duel core case and if it is. its not the computers fault but the software.
did you update your BF1942 ?

on the other hand that newer is not bether. I can give you a example.
In my Company we use P1 and P2 computers on windows 98 to all our related stuff to orders, planning and storing financial data.
you might say try to update. wel companies selling sutch software try'd mutiple times and all failed.
all the company's that came to us to show there model non came as close as comfortable, easy to use, fast and intigrated.
we use a custom inhouse builded Dos application builded around Dbase.
almost no mouse movement to reduce RSI.
buffer that can hold to 1022 imputs for the fast people among us.
Printers get direct access. timetables that warns us if not by messages it can by literaly using a siren.
telephone loging, customer suport, answering machine.
export data to financing software. export of import export goods to mysql database or other.
almost no known networkload. can even be used on laptop over secured GPRS or dailup connection.
al in all no other software we found came close to this preformance and including.
not that where activly searching.
i however have to say one thing. you might all have heared of SAP ERP.
the came by and one of them said this when the. "this might all look like old software your running, but you just pruven to me that even old goodstuff wel managed can outpreform modern stuf. my bos might not like me when i say this and i hope he dous not hear but you made a right choice not buying."
the guy that said that is currently using this program at our sales department for over 2 years new.
good recruit.
[edit]
mm long post gota split.

[ This Message was edited by: Eledore[NL] //PSYCHO\\ on 2007-05-13 04:22 ]

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-05-13 05:23   
Sounds like an issue with BF1942 to me. It's probably having issues with dual core support. Ctrl-alt-delete when the game starts, and right click on BF1942.EXE, and set affinity to processor #0 (or #1, depending on how Windows see's the processors (0/1 or 1/2).

If it STILL bugs out, download Nvidia drives from Nvidia. NEVER, EVER trust ANY company except the originated design company (Nvidia) to release good drivers.

I would also search around for updated chipset drivers (if your motherboard is an Nforce 4 (which I'm betting it is), then Nvidia will also have drivers for that.

Entil-Zha the Starkiller
Chief Marshal
Ravenous Wolfpack Clan

Posted: 2007-05-13 17:46   
I looked around earlier before jack made his reply for inoformation on 'dual core and battlefield 1942' and it told me the same thing jack said. it was definitely bf1942 having trouble with dual core. the remedy was just as jack described. fortunately there appers to be a driver/patch that I can get from AMD that solves this problem and just need to make sure I find the right one for my cpu. this is the site that gave me the information:

http://www.techreviewcentral.com/?p=40

The patch driver and other file the page calls for that say it fixes te problem is one fofr a 64 x2 processor...that looks the right one since thats what I got...this way I wont have to manually disable a processor the in the game running process

Page created in 0.010564 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR