Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +1.8 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » General Support » » Admin Abuse
 Author Admin Abuse
Vain
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-02 22:09   
I was playing today and an admin came in the game, and asked if we could stop fighting a person named spaceguy, I said no. A few minutes later, he was attempting to capture one of our planets and I was attacking him, in the middle of the fight, I blow up and it says I self destructed. I did not hit the self destruct button or ctrl-d. I'm pretty sure [Admin]Mersenne Twister forced me to do it.

Email Vain   Goto the website of Vain
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-02 22:43   
you can blow yourself up by hitting yourself with your own explosions. Ie torps

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-02 22:45   
LOL

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-02 22:59   
Quote:

On 2007-06-02 22:09, Vain wrote:
I was playing today and an admin came in the game, and asked if we could stop fighting a person named spaceguy, I said no. A few minutes later, he was attempting to capture one of our planets and I was attacking him, in the middle of the fight, I blow up and it says I self destructed. I did not hit the self destruct button or ctrl-d. I'm pretty sure [Admin]Mersenne Twister forced me to do it.

proof or gtfo.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-06-02 23:19   
First of all, if an admin told you to stop doing something, you should listen. Also...I qft fatties statement.

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-03 01:47   
thats not right so we are supposed to just let the person attack our planet???? that is stupid

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Borgie
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-06-03 01:52   
im sure the admin had good reasons, or just wanted to see a ship go boom!

Email Borgie
icansee
Cadet

Posted: 2007-06-03 02:23   
doran/mersenne has been doing wierd things recently the other day i wasd considering taking action if your story is true this is unacceptable i would GREATLY hope mersenne would explainn him/herself or please comp the person in question, either way if this is true it is an abuse of admin power email support@palestar.net

[ This Message was edited by: HMS Blueprint †FL† on 2007-06-03 02:30 ]

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-03 03:39   
Quote:

On 2007-06-03 02:23, HMS Blueprint †FL† wrote:
doran/mersenne has been doing wierd things recently the other day i wasd considering taking action if your story is true this is unacceptable i would GREATLY hope mersenne would explainn him/herself or please comp the person in question, either way if this is true it is an abuse of admin power email support@palestar.net

[ This Message was edited by: HMS Blueprint †FL† on 2007-06-03 02:30 ]

Please re-read your post and think about it. Everyone knows that if an admin comes in and ask you to stop doing something that it is in your best intrest to stop. If he did self destruct due to admin actions(witch I kind of doubt) he should feel lucky he lost his ship and not his playing time. Admins are here for a reason calling them out in my opinion isn't the best plan of action.

Best thing to do here in my opinion would to be to try to talk to the admin you had issues with, trhough whisper/private message/etc(low key). Let him know your side of the story, or talk to a mod and try to get information to this admin. I know most the admins in the game for a while now and they are usually open to discuss issues at hand with an open mind. If you still feel you were wronged then e-mail the support staff if you feel you want to take it that far. Going public is usually the wrong way.

[ This Message was edited by: Smartin on 2007-06-03 03:59 ]

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
buzzcoxss (Artisen Anitomical)
Fleet Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-06-03 04:49   
Well doran cant just make your ship SD and in fact I think he can only delete it from the map or qkick u out of the server (or ban). Also your ship can SD if u have low hull and/or your systems go down also makes your ship SD. I do not think and would like to think doran would not do that. Besides alls he has to do is qkick u not SD you. If you feel obligated to talk about any staff member there is a fourm for that. This post does not belong here! That is all.

[ This Message was edited by: buzzcoxs on 2007-06-03 04:54 ]

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-03 04:59   
#1 Always listen to what Admins ask you to do/not do (unless its blatantly stupid/unreasonable).

#2 Don't be suprised when consequences for not listening to what Admins ask you to do/not take sudden and dramatic effect. (even if its blatantly stupid/unreasonable).

#3 Admins, as far as I know, cannot force you to self-destruct. They can however:

• Ban you.
  • Kick you.
  • Warn you.
  • Spawn a dozen AI with dictors around you to kill you.
  • Spawn a planet on top of you.
  • Send you into a planet.
  • Make a planet follow you and chase you down.
  • Delete your ship.

..and so on, the list is really long and Im sure some are imaginative enough to do stranger things.

But I'm pretty certain they can't make you self-destruct.

Also, I have to go on the side of Robbeh, no proof means it didn't happen.

-Ent

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-06-03 07:23   
Right.

I'm no admin, or mod, but because I'm a dev, I can put a stop to this.

There is no way using scripts, editor, or otherwise, to force a client to self destruct.

An admin can move you into a planet, but this would trigger a " has killed !" message. The fact that you "self destructed", says to me that you accidently hit the self destruct button twice, or, like someone else said, you caught the splash damage from one of your own weapons and because you were at such low HP, it caused you to die. This is very common, and most people think it's just random, or an admin/dev playing about.

I've also known Mersenne Twister for pretty much all my DS 'career', and I know he would never do such a thing. He's very just and fair, and in the future, I would suggest doing what an admin says - if not, you might get punished via a kick, ban, and if you continue to cause problems, then you risk getting an even longer ban, or being removed perminantly.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-06-03 07:23 ]

Snärf
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-03 07:35   
I could be mistaken or wasnt paying attention which i doubt cuz i was on my toes that game for you and cmdr rick hunter but i never remember anyone self destructing or remember an admin joining the game

Guyton (Angel of Death)
Marshal

Posted: 2007-06-03 11:11   
Question who exactly are you trying to report a ADMIN to?

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-06-03 12:02   
After Reviewing the evidence, reading testimony, and investigating the case(looked under every Log, sfited thru the debris at said planet) it has been determined that a Mirv fired by the Harrier inquestion detonated some 3 GU from the Harriers Bomb Bay opening, causing a small fracture in the ships hull. It is suspected that the crewmember monitoring the ships Armor/Hull systems was AFK and gone to the Microwave to heat up a frozen burrito, and therefore missed the Hull breach warning. Furthermore the Micros released by said Micowave caused further degradation of the ships Hull integrity, and upong the firing of a Proton Torpedo which (as did the Mirv) exploded within 3 gu of the ship The incurred Slash damage from the Harries own weapons coupled with the gases released by the Microwaved Burrito caused massive Hull/systems Failure. The Hull failure caused the ship to explode, and the systems Failure caused the ship to give off a false "Self Destruct" Message.

The results of this investigation are as follows.

On the Charges of Admin abuse:

Regarding any requests for Compensation of said Harrier.

The Conduct of the Admin in question during this case.

Claims that an Admin or any Staff member can possibly cause another players Ship to self destruct.

Claims that the alledged Microwaved Burrito was Low fat/Low colesterol

THIS CASE IS

Appeals regarding this case should be filed HERE

Page created in 0.022043 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR