No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Story behind Names
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Story behind Names
LAG
Marshal
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2007-08-17 23:33   
Well, my original screenname was Giles in DarkSpace. About 3 months into the game I started to have some really bad latency/lag issues. After jumping around the screen in combat I learned how to fly with the issue. On the side, I was curious why it kept getting worse, so I stripped down my PC to find the heat sinks caked up with dust and debris (I'm not a big duster, lol).

Off the garage I went, turned on the air compressor and cleaned out the heat sinks (quite a mess actually) then adopted LAG as my new screenname.

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-08-17 23:42   
actually the name came from the song Shake ya' tail feather, that I happened to like at the time. After being continuously asked about snarf, I just gave it up and got a thundercat symbol.

[ This Message was edited by: thundercat984 on 2007-08-18 00:21 ]

Email thundercat984
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-08-17 23:49   
its just a random name i thought of

Sauur
Chief Marshal
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2007-08-18 00:18   
Always thought of the 'Luth as the dragons of space breathing fire & eating all the wittle ppl on the other factions. num num

Sauur = Race of reptiles from the Magician series... Seemed appropriate to me.

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-08-18 00:23   
Quote:

On 2007-08-18 00:18, Sauur wrote:
Always thought of the 'Luth as the dragons of space breathing fire & eating all the wittle ppl on the other factions. num num

Sauur = Race of reptiles from the Magician series... Seemed appropriate to me.

I thought that name sounded familiar. I love all of Feist's books.

Email thundercat984
Kaganader
Vice Admiral
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2007-08-18 02:22   
Kaganader, this name comes from my last name Kagan and The Terminator put together but switch the tor with der.

Through life I am known more commonly by Kagan and by a few select friends that call me The Kaganader. This name of mine has stuck with me for 9 years and I continue to use this for every game that I play.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-08-18 03:18   
Quote:

On 2007-08-17 14:05, Sogure wrote:
A) Duo-21st- from the show Gundam Wing
B)-Reaper- because it was my nickname in Halo 1/2 due to my sniper skills, so it kinda floated over...
C)UnknownWarrior from when Raven Warriors first formed, given to me by my best mate, Banshee

And finally Sogure (So-ju-rei), a name I made up by scratch by typing in random letters, and I eventually cut the letters down until I found something I like. So its something rather origional

-Ryan

You happened to be DVA`Reaper?

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-08-18 10:34   
Didn't we have a thread like this not too long ago?

Anyhoo...

In the Early days of the internet it was Maverick from Top Gun
Later it was Metalikat, taken from the back of Metallica's Garage Inc album - Metallicats was the spoof poster, which was taken obviously.
When I was playing Total Annihilation on MSN Gaming Zone I formed the DEW clan, known then as DEW_METALIKAT, and when I moved to Cosmic Rift it was a bit long, so DEWKat was born.

THEN... after my account got banned (don't ask...) I started a whole new line of ships - Rat Foo & Rat Foo 2-11 (one for each ship in the game that you could build)

Asheron's Call, One Soul, meaning a man is of one heart, one soul, one whole being is stronger than the sum of his parts... etc etc..

For a brief time I was Renner Soulful in Horizons & Lineage II, that didn't last long. random generated name (Renner that is)

Then when I came back to Asherons Call I picked up Coeus after an hour or two long search. Coeus was the Greek Titan of Intelligence, brother of Phoebe, and the context that I found when I searched said that the name means "One who Understands." The original name was Coeus Darksoul, "One who understands the darkness in men".

When I came to Darkspace I started with my shipname, as do many newbs (look at Ent, he hasn't given it up yet!) N.C.X. Charger - which was from a book that I had been writing for a few years - the idea being of a ship that charges through headfirst into anything, never yielding.

Somehow now Coeus is synonamous with Drunk... dunno how that happened... *hic*

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Admiral Arctica
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2007-08-18 11:02   
There isn't much of a story behind Arctica, it was a random name I came up with.
I've always liked the name and place(the Arctic) and Arctica just sprang into my mind.

Email Admiral Arctica
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-08-18 14:18   
I know, you have all been wondering..

Why is Crim, called Crim?

Settle down, and prepare for this epic of epic stories. It will make you laugh, cry, sing, and possibly fornicate with the chair you are sitting in.

In the small town of Oxford, Alabama, a boy was born. This boy was no ordinary boy, because he was awesome. A town this small had never had so much awesomeness, but they did not know it yet. After several years, the young boy began to watch College Football, and being that he was in Alabama, that was about the only thing to do. The best team in that state at the time was The Alabama Crimson Tide. Now, this boy did not have a computer yet, or a reason to give himself a nickname, so we'll get to how he formed the name 'Crim' out of this later.

The young boy soon moved to Florida, the land of Old People and Drunken Spring Breakers. He also started dating, He wasnt too interested with impregnating cousins or other family members, he was fond of the girls not from his family, unlike one RevenG here in this community, who has impregnated several cousins and has now become his own father.

Back to the story at hand.. So, this young boy bought a computer one day, and found this amazing game known as 'A Tractor'. His name here was lilinsanekid123. For infact, he was a little insane kid at that time! What with running ammuck in the neighborhood and all.. He overheard two other tractors talking about a game called Darkspace, where the beers where free and the women wherent really there but they liked to think they where.

So, quickly the young boy found this game called Darkspace, and installed it. Going under his first Alias, lilinsanekid123, he fought on through the fun times of .480, and then decided to change his name to 'Solar Flare', which was fitting for a Game like Darkspace, although there where no actual Solar Flares ingame.. He created the fleet known as the -=R.A.F=-, and they partied like no tomorrow. But saddly, all good things do come to an end, as did the -=R.A.F=-.

The young boy was saddened by the loss of his fleet, and left Darkspace for several weeks. When he returned, now returning as a young man, he felt another name change was needed, but he did not know what to use! So, he started thinking fo his favorite things, and a few things could not be allowed as names for Darkspace, due to the RoC! So, he went to watch his favorite Football Team, the Alabama Crimson Tide, and then it hit him! He quickly logged into Darkspace and made his name 'Crimson'. From there, history was made, as one of the best members Darkspace has ever seen was born. The name has changed every so often, from Crimson, to Crim, to The Drunken Irish Crim, to The Irish Crim.

It was only recently that this young man found out his real father, was indeed the Legendary Darkspacer, Rogue Spear. He has now accepted the title as 'Crim Spear'.

This Most Epic of Tales has been brought to you by Crim, the one and only master of all that is Your Mother.

Email Supertrooper
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-08-18 14:39   
Orly?

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-28 00:04   
as i had no forum rights when this post was um posted heres a background of MY NAME

Originally, The name came from a Marilyn Manson song....Tainted Love, because in the video he had the blingin gold teeth, the baggy jeans etc, and just had on Goth makeup...Thus The name GothThug....i switched my name then to ScottThug....meaning my first name and my street status back when i was 16-17

Then The name VampiricSpektor....because i have a fascination with vampires and Ghostly Spektors..Spektors are...Apparitions (SP) that name i used breifly

Then I used Twisted GothThug because my attitude in game was Twisted and i dressed all in black i played Kluth and of course my street status.....

*note* Being A goth doesnt nessessarily mean you're emo...Emo and Goth are 2 seperate Genres

That being said....last name i've used Twisted EmoGothThug.....originally an inside joke within Icarus i adoped the name for a few days...then got bored with it and went back to GothThug so yeah...thats the history of my name XD

*PS* Necrobump

Email GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-28 00:47   
ummm iam evil? mean? Rude?Crude? and with a attiude

fearlessjay™
Cadet

Posted: 2007-10-28 00:50   
fearlessjay is my all gamer name i got from part of my middle name and have been fearless in many cases yup
(own in most games so be prepared if u will fight me )

[ This Message was edited by: fearlessjay on 2007-10-28 00:54 ]
I CON ZPELL GOOD SHAWDUP!

Email fearlessjay™   Goto the website of fearlessjay™
Lark of Serenity
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-10-28 07:18   
lark of eternity goes way way back to my brother. he used to play Diablo 1 quite a bit, and at first his name there was Demonwing. he actually got some complments on his name, because it was cool sounding/looking. he used the same name in a couple other games, but eventually it started getting taken by other people. he decided he didnt want to be Demonwing####, so he changed it to Demonlark at a whim. around then i got into gaming a bit, playing Tribes and such. during Tribes he went through a lot of names but finally settled on simply Darkness, so i sort of stole his old name, taking the lark part and adding "of eternity" cause i felt like it. so now theres a brother/sister team of death, dark and lark, running around the internet

as for N'kra the wolf, its based off a hero guy in Myth 3 whos cool... thats it really.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.020083 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR