No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +15.2 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Thinking Of A New weapon.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Thinking Of A New weapon.
Itachi-Sama
Cadet

Posted: 2007-08-26 00:03   
Before I was thinking about the Darkspace Weapons, there are projectile weapons, energy weapons but no sound weapons, I've been watching Naruto lately and thinking, Naruto is as cool as Darkspace and if there are sound weapons on Naruto(jutsu) there sould be sound weapons on Darkspace. I was thinking of a Sound Wave weapon or something. Sound force, Sound cannon, something for the big ships just something that shoots sound.

PS: This game rooks

[ This Message was edited by: Itachi-Sama on 2007-08-26 00:04 ]

Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-08-26 00:08   
Interesting concept...

Thx for the compliment btw, welcome to the community.

DarkSpin
Captain
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2007-08-26 01:06   
good idea like have a emp wepon that sends an electro magnetic pulse into space and slowy bring ships systems offline.. but that would require the DOT system to be in place before it could be used.

Plz dont ask about DOT I was simply informed it is being worked out and in the future it may "may" be put into the game... but I think it wize Jack fill in from here. Because I honistly have no place to be clameing anyting once so ever cause im not a DEV.

[ This Message was edited by: DarkSpin on 2007-08-26 01:11 ]

(' o ') - Website: DIAU.NET

Email DarkSpin   Goto the website of DarkSpin
Kano
Cadet

Posted: 2007-08-26 01:18   
New weapon ideas are always appreciated but I'm a bit surprised I have to point this out: sound doesn't travel in a vacuum.

If you were really married to the idea of having a weapon that worked on sonic principles, though, consider something like the following:

1. Concussion Torpedoes. Projectile comes into contact with the armor or hull of a ship and emits a really loud, broadband sound, i.e. hitting all the resonant frequencies of the ship's components and causing damage. Pros: systems and possibly minor hull damage that penetrates/ignores armor, though maybe not shields. Cons: zero area of effect, poor or no tracking, short range. The projectile actually has to hit the target for it to work, no splashy splashy. Low ammo count.

2. Nebulizer.... Supernova... Thing. Supernebulizer? Nebulator.... A superweapon that is only effective inside a nebula and requires a truly heinous amount of energy to fire, imparting this energy to the nebula gases as sonic waves or whatever, thus starting a chain reaction that propagates throughout the nebula. Damage decreases significantly with range, but may be strong enough to one-shot-kill intact cruisers and hull dreads at ~1000 gu. Ships that are still in the nebula but extremely far away may still take systems damage. Pros: truly massive damage over the entire area covered by the nebula. Cons: there are only so many nebulae in the metaverse, and the ship carrying the weapon is also subject to the same effect, i.e. an originally intact station may be reduced to 20% or less hull after firing. Not to mention all the systems will be fried, and any suppies that might have been nearby are probably dead.

Enjoy!

P.S. Naruto? Space? Okay whatever. But seriously, new weapon ideas are fun to talk about.

[ This Message was edited by: Kano on 2007-08-26 01:22 ]

Itachi-Sama
Cadet

Posted: 2007-08-26 01:21   
That's the word! Sonic!
And besides its a game, noones living in space now(not that we know of) we dont even have that type of weaponry(yet) or space travel let alone jumping technology, its a game, anything can happen.

PS: My idea rocks.

[ This Message was edited by: Itachi-Sama on 2007-08-26 01:31 ]

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-08-26 01:38   
A few years ago I was toying with the idea of organic space behemoths that drifted across the void in packs, using long tendrils to project some sort of field to contain and maneuver a large pocket of air surrounding the creature. Once something was enveloped in this pocket, which extended from the beasts "mouth" to the target (not around the creature itself), it would slowly puff up... and then in a dramatic exhale, "scream" as only a creature the size of a small town could, shattering it's prey. Would be a nifty first encounter situation.

Not sure how effective it would be against hull plating built to resist the vibration of starship engines, but if the shockwave carried through the structure it'd definitely frag any infantry waiting for deployment, or could "stun" the ships crew, something like that. But first we'd need a crew game mechanic and a stun game mechanic.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-08-26 01:39 ]

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-08-26 04:40   
whats the DOT system?

Banshee
Grand Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-08-26 06:26   
Damage Over Time I expect.

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-08-26 10:03   
MOAR DOTS!!!

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-08-26 13:46   
AMATERASU PLZ

Like Kano pointed out, Sound ftl -_-
I think translating things from Naruto to Darkspace would be awkward because Ships don't have arms or legs, and any metal throwing items would be completely obsolete.

I think water and flame throwers would look strange too...

Email Light-of-Aurora
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-08-26 13:55   
You're all retards (except Kano) because you've forgotten one particular thing...

Sound can't travel through space.

The other weapons, although not possible at this current time in our lives, can be considered possible at some point in the future. Sound, however, cannot travel through space unless you remove the vacuum by injecting/projecting particles in the direction you want. And when you're doing that, you might as well just use something like a particle cannon, because it's easier, and can be used in a more damaging matter.

Not to forget that using sound as a weapon is of no real use, unless you want to annoy the enemy. Sound can't be used as a weapon - it's not like light. If you focus it, or make it high pitched, all it does is change certain properties - it doesn't make it more "powerful". All you'd be doing is making a giant, overpowered sonar, which would be useless because it requires too much energy to use, and does no damage.

You'd be better off just using the basic system of a particle cannon...

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-08-26 14:00 ]

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-08-26 14:16   
Quote:

On 2007-08-26 13:55, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
You're all retards (except Kano) because you've forgotten one particular thing...

Not to forget that using sound as a weapon is of no real use, unless you want to annoy the enemy. Sound can't be used as a weapon - it's not like light. If you focus it, or make it high pitched, all it does is change certain properties - it doesn't make it more "powerful".

Hey, i agreed with Kano too, so I'm not a retard, right?

I'd have to disagree with sonic weapons of having no real use, as well as the point that sound can't be used as a weapon. There are examples where sonic weaponry have proved to be able to do much more than just annoy an enemy.

Email Light-of-Aurora
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-08-26 14:31   
Quote:

On 2007-08-26 14:16, [AÐ]Light-of-Aurora wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-08-26 13:55, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

Not to forget that using sound as a weapon is of no real use, unless you want to annoy the enemy. Sound can't be used as a weapon - it's not like light. If you focus it, or make it high pitched, all it does is change certain properties - it doesn't make it more "powerful".

Hey, i agreed with Kano too, so I'm not a retard, right?

I'd have to disagree with sonic weapons of having no real use, as well as the point that sound can't be used as a weapon. There are examples where sonic weaponry have proved to be able to do much more than just annoy an enemy.

Riiiight, because Sonic weapons work against eletronic shields and mile-thick bulk heads? Only race it'd be useful against is Kluth, and they'd be the race who (if it were implimented), would use it.

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-08-26 14:46   
Sound, light, heat and energy.
Its all just the same but on a diferent wavelengt.

its a nice tought but space is not a good medium to trancfer sound since there is no air.
but it would be nice for DS 1.844 when ds assault or what ever it wil be called.
sound weapons would be something for the inflantry when invading a athmosphere planet.

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-08-26 15:17   
I meant weapons in general, but I probably should have assumed you meant in DS... :/

Email Light-of-Aurora
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025507 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR