No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +4.4 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - James Bum007

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » The Admiral Server: Return To Glory
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author The Admiral Server: Return To Glory
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-04 11:05   
Shutdown Newbie and Admiral and use the Server Power for the Metaverse, Backup Loads maybe, If one Server becomes overloaded or Lagged, It Transfers some of its Load to the Other Server.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-09-04 12:15   
Well I honestly don't think that the Admiral Server is that bad. I think the best idea would be to have a built homeplanet WITHOUT a Shipyard maybe.

Reason
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-05 10:04   
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 21:51, Omni wrote:
Instead of trying to bring back just the Gate spawn, which will require a rework etc ..., why not build maps with home planets and no gates, or a setup similar to that of the MV ? Have the planets built up and a safe zone just like in the MV, that way its instant combat when the clock starts and ends.

Just my two cents

This was the original purpose behind the "Shipyard" idea before it was implimented into its current form in the MV. The "Shipyards" were to replace the homegates within the MV because they didn't make sense ingame/story-wise. (ex. Where the hell does that homegate lead to? etc.)

As for the Admiral Server, Long ago, many moons that is, there was a decision made. Focus was to be shifted from the Admiral server to the Metaverse. This shift spelled out the doom for the Admiral server once it could be effectively "merged" into the Metaverse in some shape or form. (ie, the benefits of the Admiral server being incorporated in the MV)

With the advances made every patch (yeah I know, they are few and far between) the necessity of the Admiral server continues to wither away and will eventually be completely and utterly useless. The only way this will not happen is if the Admiral server is to be adapted to the workings of the MV, which would be counter-productive.

My suggestion to everyone crying out for the Admiral server would be to come up with ideas to incorporate the style of play into the Metaverse without fundamentally changing it into a persistent Admiral server.

Please visit this thread to contribute your suggestions on how to deal with the ongoing problem of the Metaverse vs Scenario Server debate.

- |2eason -

[ This Message was edited by: Reason on 2007-09-05 10:51 ]

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-05 14:34   
Quote:

On 2007-09-01 02:32, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

........... 1.484 comes out and works as intended.

Yea, anyone want to make a bet that will happen?

Email thundercat984
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-05 14:37   
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 14:34, thundercat984 wrote:

your general narcism is unwanted. get out my forums.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-09-05 14:37   
Sure! $100! Right now!

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-05 16:18   
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 14:37, Fattierob (x2 Weeks™) wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 14:34, thundercat984 wrote:

your general narcism is unwanted. get out my forums.

Lol, I've heard others voice the same opinion so I know it's no just me. What I can't figure out, is why the rest of you don't see the obvious flaw in believing 484 will solve all the mv's ills. I'll make it fairly simple for you, instead of working off the existing version and fixing the relatively minor problems(and taken individually they are minor), instead they have opted for the bazooka to kill a housefly approach and are doing an almost a complete remake. It's kinda like cutting off you arm because you don't like the ring your wearing.
Will 484 fix the ed/pd issue? sure it will. Will it fix the bombing issue? it might. Will .484 fix all the bugs, errors, and general exploits in .483? I doubt it and here's the kicker. Even if it does since .484 will be a whole new version will it come complete with a slew of it's own bugs, errors, exploits, and mistakes that we didn't have in .483? Absolutly, or does anyone here really believe the same people that brought us .483 will suddenly get it 100% spot on this time?

Email thundercat984
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-09-05 16:32   
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 10:04, Reason wrote:

This was the original purpose behind the "Shipyard" idea before it was implimented into its current form in the MV. The "Shipyards" were to replace the homegates within the MV because they didn't make sense ingame/story-wise. (ex. Where the hell does that homegate lead to? etc.)

As for the Admiral Server, Long ago, many moons that is, there was a decision made. Focus was to be shifted from the Admiral server to the Metaverse. This shift spelled out the doom for the Admiral server once it could be effectively "merged" into the Metaverse in some shape or form. (ie, the benefits of the Admiral server being incorporated in the MV)

With the advances made every patch (yeah I know, they are few and far between) the necessity of the Admiral server continues to wither away and will eventually be completely and utterly useless. The only way this will not happen is if the Admiral server is to be adapted to the workings of the MV, which would be counter-productive.

My suggestion to everyone crying out for the Admiral server would be to come up with ideas to incorporate the style of play into the Metaverse without fundamentally changing it into a persistent Admiral server.

Please visit this thread to contribute your suggestions on how to deal with the ongoing problem of the Metaverse vs Scenario Server debate.

- |2eason -

[ This Message was edited by: Reason on 2007-09-05 10:51 ]

REASON!!!!

Bring reason to this chaos that has become the DS community and all it encompasses.

>Lacro

Type Zero
Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-05 16:35   
i'd take new 484 bugs compared to the current ones, and thats why they have beta (duh!)

Email Type Zero
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-05 16:45   
@thundercat

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-09-05 18:03   
That was awesome sythe...

Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-05 18:08   
Quote:
It's kinda like cutting off you arm because you don't like the ring your wearing.

Holy Crap! I've done that!

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-05 18:43   
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 16:35, Type Zero ~{(MiDsHipMan 4 liFe)}~ wrote:
.............and thats why they have beta (duh!)

And at any given time how many are people are in beta? yea, 0 to 1.

@$skythe

lol while that pic was amusing, it still doesn't make what I said one bit less true , but what do I know? Maybe, everything will turn out just fine and the MV will be fixed, key lime pie will fall from the sky, and a good time will be had by all. I love this game so I really do hope it works, it's just the idea of making a whole new version instead of fixing this one seems like a bad idea to me.

Email thundercat984
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-05 19:58   
By the Sword of Omens, thundercat, theres no "k"s in my name. Also:

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-05 20:08   
[quote]
On 2007-09-05 18:43, thundercat984 wrote:
Quote:

And at any given time how many are people are in beta? yea, 0 to 1.

Maybe, um, becasue the beta server is not ready for testing? good going kid. Stop trying to prove your flamboyant superiority in knowing nothing and trying to look "cool" and "intellegenct". You suggest things that *many* people have thought of (and, according to yourself, have already said) and have already said. Nothing you have said is new or groundbreaking. It's all been rehashed and flamed already.

also: Every dev has a thing against "hot fixes" to problems. The main reason this patch is taking "so long", from what I believe, is that faustus re-did the *whole* network side of things to combat the evil forces of LAG. (no, not the fleet).

So, no, it's not a bazooka to a house fly. it's a fly swatter to a house fly and then modeling the house at the same time.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025913 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR