- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » O_O
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author O_O
Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2007-09-02 15:15   
No wounder DS has gone down hill. The staffs atitude sucks and there not open to idears. its always a bad thing, but oh no if they would have though of it then it would have been perfect. People who atualy go out of there ways to designe stuff for the game and it just gets tossed back into there faces..the try there best, they do there best and most the time the idear or project would work but. no Its all coding, ever though of getting more staff to work on it instead of just sitting there slagging ppls idear off and blaming it on the coding, at one time I though DS was the best game i'd played, but now it just sucks, scouts overpoweing dreads and destroyers killing all. Supose that can be the staffs fault though cos they only coding...oh wait theres that word again. Maybe if they looked and made sure the right value was in there, thered be no bug in the mivs, no overpowing scouts and posibly no pickets and ED's jumping around with the power of 10 stations. I'm not realy to arsed if this gets me a ban because its the way that I see it, why sit there and stay quiet about something when you can say something and hope for a result. Many people have just gone and sed nothing...why when there going..its not like there gunna be bothered about losing there acc when most dont plan to coem back. If I dont get banned I'll still probaly play from now to then, but just take the time to see things from other peoples point of view instead of yourown. I hope that this opens some peoples eyes

Admiral Alucard

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-02 15:25   
Expressing your views should certainly not get you banned.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-09-02 15:41   
Admiral Alucard, you can spend days, weeks, months, or even years developing an idea for a game, but the simple matter of the fact is, the idea might not fit into the game or it's general design.

We (the developers) want to take the game in a certain direction. Why you may want to take it into a different direction, your idea's may, simply, just not fit into the game.

Just because YOU think an idea would work in the game, doesn't mean it will. It's also not as easy as you think, getting people to work professionaly on a game title that people would usualy get paid for. I'm not getting paid, and I'm doing what I can to help this game forward, but you'll very rarely find people who know GOOD coding practice, and a good amount of the language we use, and be willing to spend their time on the game for free. Not only that, but there's also a certain amount of security and trust involved.

Coding isn't just making values right. Changing values is easy. Doing things with those values, is not. You don't seem to understand the complexity of coding in C++, so why don't you go do some research, and get back to me after 3-5 years of programming courses, when you have an idea of what it entails.

Remember not just any regular Joe can get access to the source code of the game.

And again, whilst you may think an idea is awesome, we might disagree, because we (the devs), might want to take the game in a direction that you can't see because of certain documentation or other things.

When I joined the game I made a few suggestions, but I got shot down, simply because my ideas wouldn't of fitted into the gameplay at the time. I thought they were super-awesome, but the simple fact is, they weren't. The dev's at the time had an idea, and they were taking the game in that direction, and my ideas didn't fit into that direction.

It's nothing personal, but you need to understand that your ideas simply just don't fit into the game, or the direction it's going in. They may well fit into a different game, and they may be awesome for that game - but not this one.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-09-02 15:44 ]

Doran
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-09-02 16:06   
you're a bit late for the "hate the staff" week.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-02 16:07   
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 16:06, Doran wrote:

That was a fun week.

Just enough to bring Chaos to order! - Janeway

[ This Message was edited by: Mr LP Slinki on 2007-09-02 16:08 ]

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-02 16:28   
Quote:

So, whens the next time thats going to happen?

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-02 17:03   
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 15:15, Admiral Alucard wrote:
No wounder DS has gone down hill. The staffs atitude sucks and there not open to idears. its always a bad thing, but oh no if they would have though of it then it would have been perfect. People who atualy go out of there ways to designe stuff for the game and it just gets tossed back into there faces..the try there best, they do there best and most the time the idear or project would work but. no Its all coding, ever though of getting more staff to work on it instead of just sitting there slagging ppls idear off and blaming it on the coding, at one time I though DS was the best game i'd played, but now it just sucks, scouts overpoweing dreads and destroyers killing all. Supose that can be the staffs fault though cos they only coding...oh wait theres that word again. Maybe if they looked and made sure the right value was in there, thered be no bug in the mivs, no overpowing scouts and posibly no pickets and ED's jumping around with the power of 10 stations. I'm not realy to arsed if this gets me a ban because its the way that I see it, why sit there and stay quiet about something when you can say something and hope for a result. Many people have just gone and sed nothing...why when there going..its not like there gunna be bothered about losing there acc when most dont plan to coem back. If I dont get banned I'll still probaly play from now to then, but just take the time to see things from other peoples point of view instead of yourown. I hope that this opens some peoples eyes

Admiral Alucard

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2007-09-02 17:06   
Im not just going off MY idears im going off OTHERS. other idears that would have fitted in but oviously they just wasnt good enough. And more to the point if some of the "idears" were put into perspective/action isnt that what beta is for, for testing idears, for bettering the game play, for atleast seeing other players idears put into motion.

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-09-02 17:12   
I HATE YOU DRAF/DORAN/SHIG/ROCKO/All other mods.

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2007-09-02 17:13   
Quote:

Dang...I dont hate the staff I just think they should do something about the "situation"

when was "hate the staff" week then?

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-02 17:15   
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 17:13, Admiral Alucard wrote:
when was "hate the staff" week then?

Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2007-09-02 17:32   
$yTHe were do you find all the witty piccys? lol

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-02 18:22   
Owl patrol is on crack this week in'it...

Anyhoo... guess its time for my "deja vu" post for another thread/topic repeat...

Deja Vu?

[ This Message was edited by: Coeus on 2007-09-02 23:03 ]

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-09-02 19:26   
you phail, coeus.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
HMSBlueprint

Posted: 2007-09-02 19:34   
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 17:12, -RevenG- wrote:
I HATE YOU DRAF/DORAN/SHIG/ROCKO/All other mods.

THATS MY LINE!!!!!

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.028633 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR