- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Evellon
16th - faudin
14th - moriens

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lets kill all the noobs!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Lets kill all the noobs!
Juxtapose
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-02 17:41   
So a friend / former roommate of mine and old time Darkspace player comes over and sees me playing. She boots me from my seat and pulls up one of her old accounts and starts playing.

Naturally, she picks UGTO (not the only reason we don't live together anymore), and dives into the MV to get her feet back.

Doesn't go more than 2 systems before some [VCA] putz in his BattleDread decides to Frag her. I believe the reason was: She wouldn't take her unmodded scout, which she hadn't flown in 1 year, through a mined gate surrounded by K'Luth dreads...however, (and this is where I walked in) the reason she was given by this player that killed her was:

She was unsubbed and unmodded.

Fantastic! She plans to keep it that way too.

Now, to her credit, she didn't really give two-turds that her own team killed her as she was re-testing out the game...well, she didn't get angry, afterall, its just a game...she simply saw what players she could expect to be playing with if she re-subbed and decided that the other games she is playing will do.

I, on the other hand, am a little dissapointed. I was hoping to have someone new to shoot at in the MV. Have a little more fun. But some johnson doesn't like seeing unsubbed players testing it out?

Musiqusoulman or something or another... Fool, if you want this game to grow, stop crapping on folks who plan to give it their money. Don't confuse what follows as me thinking that you are not still a noob when I say: We we all started as newbie's once, just because you got a big ship doesn't mean the next scrub that comes along doesn't deserve the chance at one too.

Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-02 18:25   
N00bs? We don't allow N00BS IN DARKSPACE! Even if they are oldschool vets... damn them all to hell!

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-09-02 18:31   
Was probably Tatsumasa, or someone along that line. UGTO arent exactly newbie friendly, their there to get their kills and say their the best.

and I Agree.. We need a more newbie friendly atmosphere.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim (Juxtapose for God!) on 2007-09-02 18:32 ]

Email Supertrooper
HMSBlueprint

Posted: 2007-09-02 19:41   
my post got deleted by a monkey.. i was only pointing out its unfair to ff noobs

[ This Message was edited by: HMSBlueprint (crim for daddy?) on 2007-09-02 19:42 ]

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-02 19:43   
Not really much of a mystery who it was, Crim, since Juxt ID'd the perp in his post.

Work a little harder and your reading skills might be good enough for No Child Left Behind.*

* yes, a politics joke, and a lame unfunny one at that. Sue me.

Email Shigernafy
Starfist
Chief Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-09-02 20:02   
maybe your friend should stop FFing others when asked to, and the person that killed her did get kicked for his actions and the named person is not the one that did the deed,

Musiqusoulman did request that the scout go through the gate to clear the mines as did a few others. but the person did not die for not going through the gate,

my advice is get your facts straight

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-09-02 21:02   
First off, give me a name. Second off, In the future, Consult me directly with a private message regarding the unsportsmanlike behavior of my pilots. There is no need to smear the VCA name in the lobby over one incident. I will instruct my people to be more new-player friendly, however in the event that the UGTO ship position intel that new player is broadcasting becomes a security risk to any of my pilots, it will be taken out.

-Smokey-
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-02 21:02   
were those my mines ?

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-09-02 21:04   
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 19:43, Shigernafy wrote:
Not really much of a mystery who it was, Crim, since Juxt ID'd the perp in his post.

Work a little harder and your reading skills might be good enough for No Child Left Behind.*

* yes, a politics joke, and a lame unfunny one at that. Sue me.

Damnit! I have been found out!

Email Supertrooper
Rogue Spear
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-09-02 22:31   
Look, as much as I like to see Juxtapose fail. We cant be to hard on him, he was simply mislead by a woman. It happens to all of us, well except Crim, because women dont socialize with him. But show some forgiveness and lets put this matter to an end. Thank you!

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-09-02 23:07   
Your mom.

Email Supertrooper
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-09-03 00:00   
Funny because when I first started playing I picked ICC simply because they were first. I ended up getting slammed by UGTO without any help. I go to UGTO and there were people helping right and left, and their still is. Well to move to Kluth there is hardly anyone on (since I played them). For a new player between shield, energy, managing, cloaking, and amount of players I would still pick UGTO.

Please correct me on my grammatical errors, as I am trying to better myself in my posting skills.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-09-03 03:05   
I actually do find UGTO newb friendly, they dont always directly teach someone to upgrade&mod, and they arent always nice to noobs (there's always those noobs we dont actually want to see again...), but most get helped quickly and nice.

Jammy Pajamies
Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-03 03:18   
UGTO? NOT FRIENDLY TO nOObs?i gotta log on more often

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-03 12:23   
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 21:02, Kanman *FC* wrote:
event that the UGTO ship position intel that new player is broadcasting becomes a security risk to any of my pilots, it will be taken out.

you mean, you just said you *will* friendly fire somebody to death if *you* don't agree with what they are doing?

I can't wait for the ban.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021974 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR