No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +8.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lets kill all the noobs!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
 Author Lets kill all the noobs!
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-09-03 13:24   
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 21:02, Kanman *FC* wrote:
First off, give me a name. Second off, In the future, Consult me directly with a private message regarding the unsportsmanlike behavior of my pilots. There is no need to smear the VCA name in the lobby over one incident. I will instruct my people to be more new-player friendly, however in the event that the UGTO ship position intel that new player is broadcasting becomes a security risk to any of my pilots, it will be taken out.

Regardless of what the player is doing, it is not up to you to pass judgement on their punishment. In the future, you may want to remember that if you FF that person, you've done just as much wrong by breaking the RoC.

It is not up to you to "punish" that person.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-09-03 14:34   
I'll punish you, baby..

Email Supertrooper
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-09-03 14:47   
Quote:

On 2007-09-03 14:34, Crim (Juxtapose for God!) wrote:
I'll punish you, baby..

Bad crim!

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2007-09-03 15:17   
In the event that someone is engaging in anti-competitive gameplay, players are absolutely forbidden from breaking the game rules themselves in order to try and 'control' the situation. Doing so usually results in a much harsher punishment for the user responsible, and usually prevents the moderation team from taking any action against the users who began the issue to start with.

The correct response is to report the action or make sure that the attention of the appropriate game official is attained, and then let them deal with it. If you happen to lose ships during this process or while waiting for a response due to negative player actions, they will be compensated, providing you can provide us with sufficient evidence (screenshots).

P.S. I am damned annoyed that the stupidity of one person has cost us another player. THINK before you act, and before trying to blame the state of the game on the Staff look at yourselves and THEN wonder why it is in this state. One simple, unthinking, action can cost us months of work. Thanks for the wasted effort.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2007-09-03 15:38 ]

Goto the website of Drafell
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-09-03 15:38   
Quote:

On 2007-09-03 12:23, Fattierob (x2 Weeks™) wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-09-02 21:02, Kanman *FC* wrote:
event that the UGTO ship position intel that new player is broadcasting becomes a security risk to any of my pilots, it will be taken out.

you mean, you just said you *will* friendly fire somebody to death if *you* don't agree with what they are doing?

I can't wait for the ban.

No. What I meant was that I will kill ENEMY noobs if their presence is feeding intel on UGTO ships to an enemy fleet, thus putting UGTO ships at risk.

Edit: With regard to Jack's response, I am sorry. I did not catch the fact that the new player fragged was another UGTO ship. This truly is a dishonorable act. Perhaps there were other factors, such as the newbie ship firing at him or perhaps it was a QST blast that happened too close. Regardless, FF and TKs should be avoided. I would still Like to know who, so I can find out the circumstances of the situation and perhaps kick the member if I find they were in the wrong here.

If the new player did no wrong, and my pilot (for some reason or another) decided to open fire on her and TK her ship, then I personally apologize on their behalf. This conduct will NOT be tolerated in my fleet.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FC* on 2007-09-03 15:44 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-03 16:00   
thanks kanmann for clearing that up. I didn't think you were like that :3

Musiqsoulman
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-09-03 19:38   
ok. A whole thread cos her friend got killed. What a tragedy. The 3d is full of reported situations, He wrote:

-"some [VCA]"(no name)

-"I believe the reason was:" (kind of vague aren't ya)

-"however, (and this is where I walked in) the reason she was given by this player that killed her was:
She was unsubbed and unmodded. "(Totally false)

-"Musiqusoulman or something or another... Fool, if you want this game to grow, stop crapping on folks who plan to give it their money"
(NOW this is where it gets personal)

Truth is that your friend was firing on one of my fleet members, and she would not stop do to so. What you said about the fact that she was killed cos unsubbed and unmodded is totally wrong and false. We wouldn't do anything like that. Infact I remember very well we actually asked her to upgrade, so that she wouldn't get into trouble.
Now, what happened is that he killed her because she was doing FF, now I do not say that's something nice to do. As Doran pointed out, the right thing to do is simply report the person to the mods. And I totally agree with that, and I did say the exact same words to the member in question.

Finally, you with your flying ears, must have picked up my names somewhere, well since I was the only VCA overseer online I just got involved in investigating the accident and asking for how long the person would be banned.

To be noted:

-I did not come here to whine.
-I did not pretend a lift on the ban.

Some of the people around here are conducting a sad and groundless libelous campaign against VCA just cos it seems like it's the latest fad. In my opinion that's what's ruining the spirit of the game, not anything else.

I mean seriously what's your point? Are you trying to play the game "We're the best, you just suck?" Sad.

Next time, mister Justaxpose either inform yourself better or contact directly either Kan, me or Saturn to understand what might have happened.

Anyway one kill in DS is something your friend can easily get over with, things like these happen all the time, so if she decides to join, she'll have to deal with it and learn not to FF.

[ This Message was edited by: Musiqsoulman Electroma *FM* on 2007-09-03 19:46 ]

Light-of-Aurora
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-03 20:22   
IS YOUR FRIEND'S NAME CHUK??
CHUK COME BACK

Email Light-of-Aurora
Jaydawg
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-03 20:55   
"Smear the VCA name"?

I thought I was in Darkspace playin' ova da internetz

Email Jaydawg   Goto the website of Jaydawg
Peter Wiggin
Midshipman

Posted: 2007-09-03 22:15   
Quote:

On 2007-09-03 15:17, Drafell wrote:
In the event that someone is engaging in anti-competitive gameplay, players are absolutely forbidden from breaking the game rules themselves in order to try and 'control' the situation. Doing so usually results in a much harsher punishment for the user responsible, and usually prevents the moderation team from taking any action against the users who began the issue to start with.

The correct response is to report the action or make sure that the attention of the appropriate game official is attained, and then let them deal with it. If you happen to lose ships during this process or while waiting for a response due to negative player actions, they will be compensated, providing you can provide us with sufficient evidence (screenshots).

P.S. I am damned annoyed that the stupidity of one person has cost us another player. THINK before you act, and before trying to blame the state of the game on the Staff look at yourselves and THEN wonder why it is in this state. One simple, unthinking, action can cost us months of work. Thanks for the wasted effort.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2007-09-03 15:38 ]

You complain about people that kill FFers, but you do nothing about flamers or people that are just plain rude to every noob that comes in? There are less people taking the law into their own hands like that than there are people that run people off because they are just asses... But you seem to like all of those people staying. Before you blame people that try to solve a problem at the moment(as I have seen done many times in the past when the staff don't come in to interfere with primary FFers), remember that they aren't the only reason this game is in the condition it is in.. and actually probably accounts for less than 5% of the people that have left in the past few months.

my 2 cents, won't be checking back on this post for a while, but feel free to post witty comments. Will probably be banned for "inciting a flame.."

Quote:

On 2007-09-02 18:31, Crim (Juxtapose for God!) wrote:
Was probably Tatsumasa, or someone along that line. UGTO arent exactly newbie friendly, their there to get their kills and say their the best.

and I Agree.. We need a more newbie friendly atmosphere.

[small][ This Message was edited by: Crim (Juxtapose for God!) on 2007-09-02 18:32 ][/small]

I have seen more ICC do that, actually. I went ugto in the beginning of 483 after not being here since 481 because ICC(primarily FS members) were anti-noob and refused to be helpful. Went to ugto and everyone was nice, pointing out all the changes and helping me get used to the new version.

[ This Message was edited by: Peter Wiggin on 2007-09-03 22:18 ]

-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-09-03 23:58   
Hey...I thought you quit DS forever!

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-09-04 01:01   
HE CANNA RESIST THE DARKSPACINESS!!

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Huffywuffy, Mr. Builder
Fleet Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2007-09-04 04:32   
Quote:

On 2007-09-03 22:15, Peter Wiggin wrote:
I have seen more ICC do that, actually. I went ugto in the beginning of 483 after not being here since 481 because ICC(primarily FS members) were anti-noob and refused to be helpful. Went to ugto and everyone was nice, pointing out all the changes and helping me get used to the new version.

[ This Message was edited by: Peter Wiggin on 2007-09-03 22:18 ]

I experienced the exact opposite of that. When I resubscribed after two years of absence, I did join UGTO at first. Considering the changes in gameplay since I left, I was nothing more than an advanced newbie with access to bigger ships.
No UGTO player did actually care to teach me any stuff, even when I asked for help.
After I joined ICC, I got the help I asked for, in most cases from FS members like Nukey or Krisso, who were very content with me and my questions.

I think we shouldn't generalize this clichee of "that faction is not newb-friendly" - it's not the faction in general, it's just some players who think they shouldn't be bothered with helping some new players out. I spent quite some time in every available faction, and everytime I witnessed players helping new players out, with money and gameplay hints.

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-04 05:21   
So its bash VCA Week?

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-04 06:38   
Quote:

As Doran pointed out, the right thing to do is simply report the person to the mods.

I beleve Doran is getting credit for something Drafell did again, life is so unfair!
"03:01:01 Rogue Spear: When i first read Squad Broken, i thought Squad Broken was actually Rev's life story"

Email BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)   Goto the website of BLACKHAWK(ENGLAND)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Page created in 0.032342 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR