No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
03/30/24 +1.6 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Doran

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Lets kill all the noobs!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
 Author Lets kill all the noobs!
-RevenG-

Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-09-05 12:29   
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 12:19, Sputter(QST away!) wrote:
some people... who i won't name names seem to use QST's to much without warning near small /noobs players that get instant killed without knowing wtf just happened so people need to say hey watch out cause i plan on using a QST soon and it can kill you

We had a guy on ICC who would do that. Cough.

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-05 14:24   
Quote:

On 2007-09-03 15:17, Drafell wrote:
In the event that someone is engaging in anti-competitive gameplay, players are absolutely forbidden from breaking the game rules themselves in order to try and 'control' the situation. Doing so usually results in a much harsher punishment for the user responsible, and usually prevents the moderation team from taking any action against the users who began the issue to start with.

The correct response is to report the action or make sure that the attention of the appropriate game official is attained, and then let them deal with it. If you happen to lose ships during this process or while waiting for a response due to negative player actions, they will be compensated, providing you can provide us with sufficient evidence (screenshots).

P.S. I am damned annoyed that the stupidity of one person has cost us another player. THINK before you act, and before trying to blame the state of the game on the Staff look at yourselves and THEN wonder why it is in this state. One simple, unthinking, action can cost us months of work. Thanks for the wasted effort.

[ This Message was edited by: Drafell on 2007-09-03 15:38 ]

Jack said
Regardless of what the player is doing, it is not up to you to pass judgement on their punishment. In the future, you may want to remember that if you FF that person, you've done just as much wrong by breaking the RoC.

It is not up to you to "punish" that person.

Report!? Pfft, what a waste of time. For the last four or five games I've played in a row, their has been at least one noob on-line causeing all kinds of trouble.
First, their is the usally noob trouble of friendly fire. Several time over the last few days their has been at least one noob on the ugto that will repeatedly attack friendly ships. I asked them to stop and they refused, I reported them and got nothing, I reported again and got the same, I destroyed them and for myself at least it was problem solved. Of course, said noobs just went and found weaker friendlies to attack, one of them ended up killing two or three other noobs before we got in kinda response from the mods.
Second, just this morning we had a noob who kept tring to be a second engineer on a planet that already had an engineer working on it. Needless to say, the noob had no idea what he was doing. The first engineer was required to scrap numerous time to fix the errors the noob kept making on the planet. After several attempts by the engineer and other players present to perrsuade the noob to build one of the other planets and leave the first engineer alone, we tried the mods again. I reported him once myself and the first engineer reported him as well I believe but, once again we got no help from the staff. In the end I had to park my dread next to the noob and tell him if he continued screwing with that planet I would destroy him.
Next, we had a problem with a noob loaded down with eccm that wanted to follow my ecm bomber. I asked several times for the noob to leave or turn off the eccm, of course he wouldn't have that. So, this time I didn't bother with reporting I just destroyed him and saved myself some useless keystrokes and a large headache.
All of these events have happened withen the last few days. Everytime I log in I'm swarmed by the worst kinds of noobs, those that don't listen. I have no problems explaining the game to any noob that needs a hand and I always try to talk the situations out first before I take drastic measures but this is getting out of hand. Myself, I'm tired of losing ships or missing oppertunities to gain prestige because of some random noob that won't take a hint. The mods need to stop camping the lobby and get in the game a bit more often or we need a few more mods. I'm half tempted now to ask to be comped for the prestige lost from being left with no other viable option other than FFing some of these noobs.

Email thundercat984
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-09-05 14:28   
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 14:24, thundercat984 wrote:

1) Chillax
2) Noobs are noobs for a reason. Theirs two kinds of new people: Newbs, people who are new to the game in respect to time, and noobs, people who act like idiots and can't play this game.
3) Report *does* work - how does a moderator know to go in game if nobody reports that something is goign wrong? Don't be afraid of doing a /report - just make sure you have a *valid* reason (being hungry and wanting pizza doesn't count).
4) I cannot believe that their are "noobs" "all the time" whenever "you log in" that "swamp" you with "quotation marks" and make you angry. Either you're on an ego trip and everybody is below your IQ level, or UGTO suddenly has 10 people online playing in scouts everyday without anybody knowing.

thundercat984
Cadet

Posted: 2007-09-05 15:45   
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 14:28, Fattierob (x2 Weeks™) wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-09-05 14:24, thundercat984 wrote:

1) Chillax
2) Noobs are noobs for a reason. Theirs two kinds of new people: Newbs, people who are new to the game in respect to time, and noobs, people who act like idiots and can't play this game.

* It is the second type that I am ranting about. As I said I try to talk to them first and explain the problem but they don't listen.

3) Report *does* work - how does a moderator know to go in game if nobody reports that something is goign wrong? Don't be afraid of doing a /report - just make sure you have a *valid* reason (being hungry and wanting pizza doesn't count).

* I have reported, several times in fact and only rarely is a mod on-line and even rarer is a mod on-line that can get out of the lobby fast enough to make a difference.

4) I cannot believe that their are "noobs" "all the time" whenever "you log in" that "swamp" you with "quotation marks" and make you angry. Either you're on an ego trip and everybody is below your IQ level, or UGTO suddenly has 10 people online playing in scouts everyday without anybody knowing.

* First, how often do you get out of the lobby to make what you "believe" worth even listening to? Second, "whenever" refers to the last 4 games in a row. Third, who has the bigger ego? Someone who posts a valid complaint that he experinced or a person, that without ever leaving the lobby believes he knows what's going on in the mv, how well report works, the number of noobs playing on a given faction and believes it strong enough to make judgements and comments? Fourth, it doesn't take "10 people in scouts" to be swamped by noobs. In this case it only takes three noobs that refuse to listen.
Until, such time as you actually start playing the game again, please keep a leash on the arrgonace that leads you to believe your quailfied to make judgements based on the way back when time that you used to play.

Email thundercat984
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-09-05 16:57   
Only time there isn't a mod or admin online is probably around like 4am Eastern, and even then Scotty is on European time & usually covers then. Just 'cause you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there, and more importantly a report is saved in the system until a mod or admin actively removes it, which means they have to read it.

And, as has been said... several times in the past, the staff is under no obligation to inform you as to the outcome of a /report.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Page created in 0.009470 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR