- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +1.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » To fight honorably... or not, that is the question
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author To fight honorably... or not, that is the question
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-06 16:11   
It was a fun afternoon with the ICC wolfpack in luyten killing left and right an equally numbered enemy with honor...

Alas, it turned real bad real quick when we besieged 2 stations at the mycopia cluster. Firing at them from afar, they hugged the planet and exploited the SY to avoid popping, all the while calling for help.

When help arrived, our greatly outnumbered forces fought bravely against overwhelming odds when SaturnShadow began using "debatable" tactics, hotswapping damaged armor plates for undamaged ones in combat even though the uggies outnumbered us 2 to 1.

What little was left of the UGTO pilots honor is now a fading memory. SaturnShadow, everytime I will see you in the MV, be certain that I will kill you again, again, again and again, cheat again if you wish, but be certain that someday karma will catch up with you.

On a brighter note,

I salute the bravery and honor of my ICC pilot mates who fought and died like heroes at Luyten on this dark and sad day.

Namely, Nukey, Enterprise, Smokey, fearlessjay, Krisso, bollet and many other's whose name I forgotten, but the way you fought will never be forgotten by yours truly.

[ This Message was edited by: Diabo|ik on 2007-10-06 16:37 ]

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-06 16:27   
Quote:

When help arrived, our greatly outnumbered forces fought bravely against overwhelming odds when SaturnShadow began using a "discutable" tactic, hotswap damaged armor plates for undamaged ones even though the

Debatable for English Folk.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2007-10-06 16:28   
i'll drink to that

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-06 16:30   
Dia...he was probably arc bugged...so he was probably armor swapping or whatever its called..i forgot lol

Email GothThug {C?}
Diabo|ik
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-06 16:39   
Quote:

On 2007-10-06 16:30, GothThug {C?} wrote:
Dia...he was probably arc bugged...so he was probably armor swapping or whatever its called..i forgot lol

Too bad I don't have a screenshot from before and after with the time tags, but no, all his other arcs remained the same, only his rear arc went from bright red to green in an instant, and I wasn't lagging either.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-06 16:51   
Saturnshadow as i know him aint a cheater, and i do know for a fact that he do armor rotate. Armor swapingrotating is perfectly legal and i do it myself! actuly i hope evryone in Ugto do this as a compensation to the arc bug! so to your empty words of him cheating i can just say, whatever!

[ This Message was edited by: Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny] on 2007-10-07 01:58 ]

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-06 17:06   
fact of the matter is if you shot him from the front...chances are he was getting it in the behind....thats usually what happens when yer arc bugged..you see yourself shooting him in the back but we see it from the front...lag sucks dont it?

Email GothThug {C?}
SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-10-06 17:22   
i have to edmit everyone is aloud to there opinion but i shall say my story for the little parts with me in ur story .........

about me in my SS yes i was getting hammered by the icc siege i docked and was going too quick to select my TC and in stead i chose my SS again so i docked after supping for about 30 ses to 2 mins and then got my TC got it fixed then joined in the battle and yes i was getting dmged so i took out one undamged armor from one arc and put it in place of the one that was getting hit then replaced the dmged one where the undamaged one came from and i NEVER carry extra armor on my TC i carry 3 inf so i have one cargo slot for me when i rotate armor its just the same a sheild rotation but all icc need to do is press a key to reroute power to that one arc ugto needs to take out one armor and then put it in place of the one getting dmged plus in the one fight with that AD the one who died all i did was hit him alittle get about 30 pres and stoped i wasnt getting hit i was letting him go althou the other players wasnt thinging the same thing.

As most players know ill fight honorably plus u can ask either ospolos or smartin that i saved their luth station from a icc MD way bk no one told me to help them or anything i thought hes gonna die ill throw my TC out in front of him to save him. And most players know me that i dont cheat i play fair i NEVER use PDs or DICTORS and only use Assault corvs when great icc pilots use EDs when they are almost unstoppable.

you can call me wat u like but never call me a CHEAT

but i can say this good fight icc and sorry for killing ya krissooo its was better i killed ya than some noob as u put it

[ This Message was edited by: SaturnShadow*FM*(Angel Of Darkness) on 2007-10-06 17:24 ]

Feralwulf
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-06 17:58   
To fight honorably... or not, that is the question.

If I am fought honorably, I will fight honorably. If I am beaten Honorably I will die Honorably, and should I stomp a mudhole in yer butt and walk it dry, yet you fought with Honor I'll let you go if you manage to get away.

However I am not nor have I ever been GTN. To me Honor is not all.

Fight me dirty and I'll return the favor (read the Sig). Don't mess with old dudes...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!

Now as to the "Armor swapping" thing. I NEVER have and NEVER will do it. It's Cheap, It's (IMO) Cheating, and Exploitive. We are WELL far enough along into version 483 for you all to know that IF you spawn it IT WILL DIE. Jump bug, Arc Bug, Dictor bug....SOMETHING is gonna get that ship blown out from under you, if not then you'll meet either a better pilot, or a larger number of pilots and THEY will blown it out from under you.

Don't make excuses for swapping armor or abusing the shipyards, because there ARE NONE.

So. If you want "To fight honorably... or not"...Find me in the MV.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-10-06 20:21   
Swapping armour currently equiped with fresh armour in your cargo bay is against the Rules of Conduct, and VERY punishable.

Swapping armour that is equiped on your ship with other armour equiped on your ship IS legal.

Do NOT get these two mixed up.

I'm not a moderator, or admin, but I'd advise those doing the more punishable action, for their own good, to stop it immediately.

[ This Message was edited by: BackSlash *Jack* on 2007-10-06 20:23 ]

fearlessjay™
Cadet

Posted: 2007-10-06 21:13   
for 1 thing it was outnumbering us by 5 to 1 but it was a lost battle but we will still win the war the icc troops will win
I CON ZPELL GOOD SHAWDUP!

Email fearlessjay™   Goto the website of fearlessjay™
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-10-06 21:21   
Armor swapping.. I can deal with.. it does circumvent the arc bug.. however I notice UGTO do it even when they do not have the arc bug, so the legality of that (from a non-moderator viewpoint) is debatable.

However...

Shipyard abuse is one thing that I hated since they first came out. Its been done, and it can't be stopped.

But it does not stop it from being a low, cheap tactic.

I saw almost every UGTO pilot there today do it in the Mycopia cluster.

Its a low, cowardly thing to do. The UGTO camped that cluster, so all long range ships started hitting from afar. First there was only a few ships there.. an Aggy a cruiser and a picket.. but they kept shipyarding to avoid the ions.

Eventually Guyton came, and after we fought off the ones that came out, we started pounding him afar.

It was long until he shipyarded and brought out another station. Saturn did the same... twice.

Other UGTO ships did it too. There was BD that was shooting as from afar, and as soon as he started taking damage.. shipyard!

It was pathetic.

UGTO only came out to fight once they sufficently outnumbered us.

It was a sad fight, and it hasn't suprised me a mite bit. Ever since GTN went completely inactive honor has been very scarce, and few people, like Feral or Draf and very few others actually fight with it anymore. It makes me glad to have this fleet which isn't afraid to take on overwhelming odds and have fun and not use every dirty trick in the book to win or escape death.

Its sad, but what can you do right? Planet hugging is one thing.. abusing the shipyard? And even worse trying to make excuses for it? Pathetic.

My salute goes out to ICC who have redeemed themselves a little to me, who actually did fight despite the odds.

-Ent

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-10-06 23:08   
Are we still making this a fleet thing. The fleet admins can't control their people.

Joe dirt
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-07 00:01   
i noticed saturn in the past has bypassed recharge timers using a wh to back to sol, then using hma to jump back to earth.. one night i jumped thru his wh on his cc hoping to score an easy kill on the other side, know hes stuck for 3 mins while his wh2 charges. got there and he was gone.. screened it reported it. but swamping armor plates, from one arc to another, inpractical, but legal.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-07 00:16   
so um...to prevent SY abuse...scrap the SY....and make those jerks fight....only way i see possible...sure it'll piss them off..who cares....you wanna defend yer damn planets....undock from the SY...go fight...if you die... oh boo hoo...you'll get yer rank or prestige back some other way....

Email GothThug {C?}
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.036526 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR