Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Medical Facility
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
 Author Medical Facility
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-18 15:15   
This suggestion has probably been brought up before, long ago, but it just came to me. A new 'system' that would go in the same kind of slot as an aux gen (something that takes up lots of internal space). It would be, as the name suggests, a Medical Facility, which would heal inf at 3 or 5 of whatever times faster.

Given 483, this system would be a waste of time, however in 484 bombing and planet capping are completely different, and a medical facility could go a long way towards keeping your supply of infantry from running dry. Riley suggested he liked it because it would permit for inf rotation on planet capping: pick-up, heal, drop, pick-up, heal, drop....

It just occurs to me that it would be do difficult to add some simple system like this to the game. It also makes me think perhaps it could be placed only on Transports and Stations (thus making a noobie ship actually useful to the fleet when invading, since stations wont be so readily available in offensives). This would make new players important, key figures in invasions, even worth defending! The limit of course would have to be one per vessel, but still.

How about it? Worth kicking around into a real system or total garbage and a waste of forum space? Let's hear pros and cons.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-18 17:16   
Could easily be used to produce masses of Elite Infantry, and Infantry already heal when their in Cargo, or not being attacked by something..

Would be a nice idea if they didnt heal themselves.

Email Supertrooper
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-10-18 19:49   
Does anyone see something weird about makeing more infantry appear from no where.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-18 19:55   
What? No inf from nowhere. it would be just like having inf in the game now, except vessels with this system in place would heal them faster. What makes you think inf would come from nowhere?

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-10-18 22:35   
this would be a good idea for a medical ship, for when DS2 (if it ever) comes out, or something, or if DS ever gets more in depth. medical ships have been missing from the DS lineup(and understandably why)

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-10-18 23:00   
What I meant to say was that how are you replacing the dead inf. I mean if you have an elite squad of heavy inf thats been damaged down to 30 troops where do other ones come from.

Jim Starluck
Marshal
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-10-19 09:07   
Just because a squad of infantry is at less than full fighting strength doesn't mean all the other soldiers are dead. They could be just wounded and out of action. Or something.

If you really wanted to simulate that, maybe the medical device/ship could only heal them to, say, 80%. Or some other balance-determined limit.

Email Jim Starluck
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-19 12:19   
Here, I'll rephrase.

You'll be able to exploit the system with this by easily creating multiple Elite infantry units by dropping them on the planet, letting them fight, then fixing them back up, and repeating the process.

Email Supertrooper
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-19 18:33   
Now correct me if I'm wrong but when you click on infantry it shows how many men are in it currently and how many the max is. When inf get damaged the number goes down thats what I'm talking about not wounds.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-10-20 06:00   
Uh.. theres no 'number of infantry' its only represented as a percentage.

That percentage goes down when the unit takes damage and it heals on friendly planets and in your cargo.

What Kanman is referring to is that a medical facility would heal this percentage at a much faster rate than planets or ships on their own.

Just to clarify for people who have not looked at inf long enough to know this. Which is unsuprising, given their almost total lack of use since .480.

Also as a note Kan, it WOULD be a good idea.. if planetary defences/other players couldn't so easily kill the pods. Such a system is rather.. useless.

-Ent

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-10-20 15:05   
Quote:

On 2007-10-20 06:00, Enterprise wrote:

Also as a note Kan, it WOULD be a good idea.. if planetary defences/other players couldn't so easily kill the pods. Such a system is rather.. useless.

-Ent

inf pods should go insanely fast. IMHO. I'm talking 200 gu/s +. But they have a very small range (like say, 300 gu.) This allows some PD to target them, and perhaps fire, but not all of tehm

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-21 11:58   
I can see Demorian...'WOOOOO WAARP SPEEEED'...

Email Supertrooper
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-10-22 07:35   
Troop Transport ships.

a ship that serves only to ferry infantry and has the equipment available to heal troops and in time send reinforments to a squad.

the medical bay is a quick way to heal troops to 80%
the *name here* bay serves as to reinforce squads but takes longer to take effect.

normal ships are capable of ferrying troops but lack these facility's

perhaps even repair bays for ground based vehicles... *future?*

where an armada needs the supply ships the ground attack needs troop ships for support... and the armada to cover theyr skinny behinds...

- Axi

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-10-23 04:59   
You know, I just had an idea.

Well I can't take credit for this actually, I was talking this over with one of my friends while I showed him the game while I was over at his house.

He wondered why we had transports if every ship could carry infantry.

<.<

I told him that it was because the could carry more infantry than any other ship.

But then he said, did it make much of a difference?

I thought.. and the answer came.. hell no. Its useless.

So I was visited by a wild, an insane, a crazy thought it was insane, it was wonderful, but I felt I should share it with you.

What if.. only transports could carry infantry, what if, that was their use in the game?

Suddenly, planet capturing got a whole lot more complicated.

-Ent

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-10-23 05:31   
My first child gets named after you, Enterprise.

Email Supertrooper
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025909 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR