No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +14.0 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » choices choices.
 Author choices choices.
Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-01 05:13   
hellgate london or tabula rasa.
hellgate looks like WOW in present day with just demons to kill,
Tabula looks like WOW in the future with aliens to kill. BUt with both you get big guns, ( i like big guns).
ARGHHHHH
oh what to pick???
Dont know yet how much they are gonna cost to run either?

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-11-01 05:27   
I choose neither but thats just me.

Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-11-01 06:26   
Tabula Rasa is a great game, would go for that one if i didnt have WoW, LOTRO and this blasted adictive game called Darkspace...

- Axi

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-01 06:46   
Tabula Rosa....Sardaukar recommends it XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-11-01 07:40   
Hellgate: London, there is onyl a subscription fee to get extra stuff on the multiplayer. It also has a single player mode.

Mersenne Twister
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-01 09:10   
having not played hellgate london, id say go with tabula rasa.

I wouldn't screw with it if I were you. The doctor already holds you in poor favor. Messing with this might really fry his shorts.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-11-01 16:04   
I played Hellgate London. I walked down the dark streets, shot demons with rocket pistols. I wept, becauase it sucked. It sucked so hard. Ingame advertisements AND a $10 a month fee for some crappy content that you'll need if you want to get a decent experience. The game is not done, that's all there is to be said about it.

Tabula Rasa, though. From the open beta to release, has been amazing. The devs are kind of nerfhappy, but they also listen to the community when the community says "OMGWTF WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!@?!" and make appropriate changes. Just make sure you join the Orion server; Pegasus may be East Coast and a little less laggy, but most of the Beta people are on Orion... much more interesting crowd from my time spent on each.

So, my vote goes for TR.

And if you have any TR questions, ask me here or ask me on Orion (lastname: Isgarther). Many people misjudge TR because a lot of the goods are not easily noticed. PvP, for instance. The game already has player versus player, group versus group, and clan wargames. Wargames last seven days, with the opposing members in permanent PvP. In the future, the game will have Clan Control Point Warfare, which is warfare over the capturable bases in the games various zones; clans will be fight these battles to gain clanwide player buffs. At level forty you get a Personal Armor Unit, which is basically a Mount, with guns and abilities; each tier 4 class gets a different PAU, only details on the Grenadier's "Grendel" PAU have been released. At fifty (max level), you get an NPC squad that you can train, equip, and order around. Both of those features are at least a month away, though.

There is also a rumor of letting players enable a personal permanent state of PvP, at their own discretion. Devs haven't confirmed if it's going to be follwed through on or abandoned, though.

The best thing about TR for me, as another person stated in beta, is that with other MMO's you log in, wait an hour for a group, run an instance or two, and log out. On TR, you can log in and in five minutes be crouched on the walls of a besieged outpost, holding off the Bane; or you could be assaulting a Bane base.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-11-01 16:16 ]

Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-11-01 17:38   
The two games are based on two different ways of playing. I am guessing on this because I have not played Tabula Rosa.

Hellgate: London is not really a mmorpg in its true form, in my opinion. It has a single player mode, and from what I can tell the multiplayer is the same thing except you get to play with other people and it is a little ahrder in a group. The makers of Hellgate made the Diablo series, so it is basically like that game. It is a hack and slash game, and I actually like it.

Tabula Rosa is most likely a more traditional morpg.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-11-01 17:49   
If you want a fun hack and slash game, look up Depths of Peril. Indie game, demo available, exceedingly fun for what it is.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-01 17:53   
[quote]
On 2007-11-01 17:49, Sardaukar wrote:
If you want a fun hack and slash game, look up Dyansty/Samurai Warriors
[/quote

fix'd

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-11-01 19:19   
[quote]
On 2007-11-01 17:53, Fattierob (x2 Giant Enemy Crab) wrote:
Quote:

If you want a fun hack and slash game, look up Dyansty/Samurai Warriors
[/quote

fix'd

sure....if you want a cookie-cutter game with no originality....

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Lacrosseian
Fleet Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-11-01 21:24   
Quote:

If you want a fun hack and slash game, look up Depths of Peril. Indie game, demo available, exceedingly fun for what it is.

To be honest, I have never heard of the game.

In the end it comes down to personal preference I spose.

Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-11-01 23:32   
It's an indie title, so not a lot of media buzz. Google the name and try the demo though, it's a lot of fun. Simple in some areas, but very interesting ideas and concepts in it.

Tabula Rasa plays nothing like a typical MMORPG, though. Fast leveling, character cloning, guns, active combat that you can't start and then make a sandwich, mounts that you can actually use in combat, a world that you can travel across fairly quickly, and overall a focus on having fun playing, not grinding.

Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-02 04:57   
Quote:

On 2007-11-01 16:04, Sardaukar wrote:
I played Hellgate London. I walked down the dark streets, shot demons with rocket pistols. I wept, becauase it sucked. It sucked so hard. Ingame advertisements AND a $10 a month fee for some crappy content that you'll need if you want to get a decent experience. The game is not done, that's all there is to be said about it.

Tabula Rasa, though. From the open beta to release, has been amazing. The devs are kind of nerfhappy, but they also listen to the community when the community says "OMGWTF WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?!@?!" and make appropriate changes. Just make sure you join the Orion server; Pegasus may be East Coast and a little less laggy, but most of the Beta people are on Orion... much more interesting crowd from my time spent on each.

So, my vote goes for TR.

And if you have any TR questions, ask me here or ask me on Orion (lastname: Isgarther). Many people misjudge TR because a lot of the goods are not easily noticed. PvP, for instance. The game already has player versus player, group versus group, and clan wargames. Wargames last seven days, with the opposing members in permanent PvP. In the future, the game will have Clan Control Point Warfare, which is warfare over the capturable bases in the games various zones; clans will be fight these battles to gain clanwide player buffs. At level forty you get a Personal Armor Unit, which is basically a Mount, with guns and abilities; each tier 4 class gets a different PAU, only details on the Grenadier's "Grendel" PAU have been released. At fifty (max level), you get an NPC squad that you can train, equip, and order around. Both of those features are at least a month away, though.

There is also a rumor of letting players enable a personal permanent state of PvP, at their own discretion. Devs haven't confirmed if it's going to be follwed through on or abandoned, though.

The best thing about TR for me, as another person stated in beta, is that with other MMO's you log in, wait an hour for a group, run an instance or two, and log out. On TR, you can log in and in five minutes be crouched on the walls of a besieged outpost, holding off the Bane; or you could be assaulting a Bane base.

[ This Message was edited by: Sardaukar on 2007-11-01 16:16 ]

Sold.

many thanks sardaukar
Sounds like what i like in my evenings off. Still frontlines due out in two months. Grief like a kid in a sweetie shop atm.

Goto the website of Lord DowneyBUM (UK)
Page created in 0.039601 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR