Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Mines
 Author Mines
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-11-04 08:13   
Are we gona reduce the damage of these mines, its pretty boring to jump trough a gate then go boom without doing anything...

and another question is why is the kluth mines SO much bether then the UGTO and ICC. I mean UGTO mines wont kill anything..but Kluth mines kills like evrything....

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-04 09:47   
I agree K'luth mines do seem a bit overpowered. As said before by the devs anything that insta-kills things is not good for balance. Although I still think K'luth mines should have more damage then others because it's the nature of K'luth weapons. I don't think they should insta kill anything.

Must remember to test them when beta goes up.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-11-04 10:05   
Yes i agree that the kluth mines should do more damage then ugto and ugto should do more damage then the icc

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-04 11:43   
few things need fixing before modifying the damage of them, or else they will only be used for gate camps.

- Random gate exiting so you have to lay mines all around and not in a line or bundle.

- If mines stack in the same spot and land/collide with other layed mines, they blow up (the mines being layed and the mines already there).

That way, you have to be moving around laying mines, and actually creating mine fields instead of mine spots, and keep the damage high on them.

No Instant death. Still a painfull weapon.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-11-04 18:14   
K'luth have AM mines, which usualy goes with alot more damage. Being that UGTO have Emp, they shouldnt do alot of hull/armor damage, but system damage.. ICC have Nuke Mines, which should do moderate damage compared to AM, but more then UGTO's mines.

But yeah, lower the damage all around for them..

Email Supertrooper
BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-11-05 07:15   
Trouble with mines is that they will always be overpowered.

Even if we lower the damage right down, someone's still going to take half an hour mining a gate to hell and back, therefor inducing enough damage onto the first ship that goes through.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 08:10   
Quote:

On 2007-11-05 07:15, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:

Even if we lower the damage right down, someone's still going to take half an hour mining a gate to hell and back, therefor inducing enough damage onto the first ship that goes through.

Yeah.......meaning he just spent a half hour to kill one ship.

thats a pretty bad time investment. And i'm also pretty sure theirs a local area mine limit.

Sixkiller
Marshal
Courageous Elite Commandos

Posted: 2007-11-05 08:23   
Quote:

On 2007-11-04 18:14, Crim wrote:
K'luth have AM mines, which usualy goes with alot more damage. Being that UGTO have Emp, they shouldnt do alot of hull/armor damage, but system damage.. ICC have Nuke Mines, which should do moderate damage compared to AM, but more then UGTO's mines.

But yeah, lower the damage all around for them..

currently EMP mines do armor and system damage, but no hull damage, and that kinda sucks.

Rhiawhyn Zerinth
Fleet Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-11-05 17:32   
mines should be something to fear as any well made minefield can make a large fleet stop dead in its tracks

and going by ds's scale a 20ft x 20ft ball of explosives is going to hurt like hell when it explodes :S

anywhoo i say most of the mines are to wake (make jumpgatesexit random so you cant make a cluster ball of death) that and or make the mines detonate when they impact any object not frendly... the only exeption to this is other mines (to keep from making mega stacks)

mines like these have uncountable tactical values, some of them include blocking a jump rout from one point to another so they have to double jump to get around it. or trick a fleet into eating a large minefield so there isint a fleet >_>

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-10 23:54   
well but it kind of sucks just to warp through a gate and go boom by mines. Then again keeping it this way would be a good way to make use of scouts, to be cannon folder for the mines.

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-11-11 18:05   
Quote:

On 2007-11-05 07:15, Father BackSlash, Order of the EAD wrote:
Trouble with mines is that they will always be overpowered.

I dont think it's overpowered to be blown up by mines (HaiThurWWII?). They do their job of taking out a ship. Only a one shotter though, then the rest of said enemy fleet can come through.

Email Supertrooper
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-19 11:52   
Leave them overpowered, Create Proximity sensors.

As osp said, Mine Field not Mine Spot.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Sindri Myr
Cadet

Posted: 2007-11-24 13:18   
In my opinion mines are fine the way they are, they're designed to take out a single ship through jump gates atm. The individual mine itself doesnt do that much damage, it takes alot of mines to kill something. Also theres an extreme danger while mining of having someone come through that gate whilst your mining and blow yourself up(its happened to me many times). If you guys do want to create mine fields, then the individual mine itself will have to have its damage output increased as a mine or two wont do much dmg as is. But if we do this then people will start combat mining. inotherwords, drive up infront of a slow moving dread and drop some mines on its nose and speed off. And thats not really how mines should be used if you ask me. Also, mines can be bypassed by wormholes.

Page created in 0.019936 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR