No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +6.3 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Hmm still no update?
 Author Hmm still no update?
[2006] - Codex09
Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 04:23   

Well the following is a question that has been asked many times and will never be answered truthfully I reckon.

Where is this new update that was supposed to be out 12 months ago or whenever?

I think the game should be let die peacefully while it is at least remembered as being a decent game, cause the way things are going the only thing the game is going to be remembered by is the way the developer just let the loyal player base down.

Is there ever more than a handful of people ingame at any one time any more or is it always just 10 people here 12 there?

To those players that have been loyal to this game I really take my hat off to you all, you are a credit to the game and very possibly the only thing that is keeping each other coming back day to day.

For myself and at least 5 other people that used to play all I can say is that we are really disappointed at the lack of support for the game from the person who started it all.

I am not sure about this but if the cost of subs is still $9.95 a month it would also go towards explaining why there are a lack of people playing, because as it stands in it's current form the game is really not worth 9.95 US a month. especially when you can add another $5 and play a game that has 20 - 30k of players online with plenty of things to do.

Anyway i guess the unbanning of those countries tells the story of just how bad things must be getting./

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2007-11-05 04:50   
Posting a suggestion to let a game die on the same game is alot like sticking your hand into a pot of boiling water to see how long it takes until it melts.

-Ent

(P.S. For you less than intelligent people, it wont melt, just cook. I realized too late that this analogy might be too advanced for you simple minded people.)

Eledore Massis [R33]
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-11-05 04:55   
First of all. tank you for checking up on the game once and a while.

But to stick on topic.
If you knuw the history of this game than you would not be surprized actualy.
Yes Faustus made this game but he can't live on it. And i think no game is worth starving for.

About the other games out there. the have the PR, development and resources to gather a community up or above 100.000 players, witch in result creates a stable revenue.
If DS had even 25.000 players i think Mr Faustus might be able to lower the subscribtion fee, and continue the development.

But unfortianatly reality is hard and kicks you where it hurts.
Yes we are all here dedicated fans and atleast were willing to do somthing for what we beleave in.
I won't debate with you that DS might have been more, nor that there are other games out there that are nice to.
But your free to stay here, leave or come back.

second. I think there was the idea when 1.484 comes out to send a e-mail about it. just make sjure your profile has your correct one and you wil hear when the patch wil be avalable.

[.]

Redemption (Angel of Light)
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2007-11-05 06:16   
I HATE YOU, recently theres been over 20 people in mv and its been fun, dont talk about things that you know nuthing about. letting this game die will only prove that the devs are quiters, and i think all staff and members have been smashing lately so until you sub and find out for your self my first statement applies verywell I HATE YOU.

Email Redemption (Angel of Light)   Goto the website of Redemption (Angel of Light)
Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 06:52   
My Personal view is shutting the game down for lets say till after Christmas, and the current devs, possibly a few more, can really work at the game, get it all fixed up, and finally release a rather decent version with Advertising, Everything setup, etc etc.
Instead of doing things on the fly bit by bit.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Mr Black
Grand Admiral
Palestar

Posted: 2007-11-05 07:06   
Shutting down the game will give us no extra ability to work on DarkSpace, and would do more to damage the game and community than maintaining the current release version.

Remember that release is entirely separate from what we are working on in Beta.

We cannot give an ETA as we ourselves do not know when the work will be completed. It is the biggest issue with having a totally unpaid development team; we can only devote so much of our time to development. We also have to make a living outside of this to support ourselves, and so this is why we have been unable to provide even a vague release date. We have to put real life before our hobbies.

I am sorry if this is not good enough for some of the community, but at least we are being honest about the current situation.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr Black on 2007-11-05 07:09 ]

Redemption (Angel of Light)
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2007-11-05 07:20   
the way i see it black you and admin are doing a great job, keeping a game active for years is an achievement in its self, if i could help i would and im sure most of the other gamers would help too, im going to computer reprogramming, and then another year doing another course which i aint decided what yet, if any of the computer stuff can help im all ears.

like i sayd people who dont play these days dont know whats happening, and poping in every now and then wont show you whats changed so dont be a noob all your life and pay to play the game and in that way your contributing other wise get the hell outa here we dont want you, becouse i hate seeing posts like this all the time of peope thinking staff arnt doing anything, so instead of posting all these stupid topics why not actually play and talk to people rather than send 5 mins in lobby and judge it by that.

[ This Message was edited by: Redemption (The Fallen Archangel) on 2007-11-05 07:27 ]

Email Redemption (Angel of Light)   Goto the website of Redemption (Angel of Light)
Deadly Assassin
Marshal

Posted: 2007-11-05 11:06   
BOO ON YOU! DARKSPACE WILL LIVE FOREVER! AND IT SHOULD! IT PAWNS MOST OTHER SPACE GAMES AROUND! SHAME ON YOU FOR SUGGESTION SUCH TRIPE!

Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 12:58   
Quote:

On 2007-11-05 11:06, |Deadly Assassin| wrote:
BOO ON YOU! DARKSPACE WILL LIVE FOREVER! AND IT SHOULD! IT PAWNS MOST OTHER SPACE GAMES AROUND! SHAME ON YOU FOR SUGGESTION SUCH TRIPE!

Amen
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-11-05 23:01   
Quote:

On 2007-11-05 12:58, Bash wrote:
Quote:

Amen

Amen Brother Ben!

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2007-11-05 23:06   
Quote:

On 2007-11-05 23:01, Junky the FunkyMonke wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-11-05 12:58, Bash wrote:
Quote:

Amen

Amen Brother Ben!

i shall add my AMEN.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-11-06 05:57   

freaks
*walks over to the EVE Bar & Grill for a pint of sanity*

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Page created in 0.025980 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR