No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +4.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

1st - UntenHund

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Staff stepping it up?
 Author Staff stepping it up?
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2007-11-05 07:55   
I know I havent been on in a while so I am a little out of date on current game situation, but after reading a post about a mass UGTO ban and then later in that same thread I see someone got a forum ban.

Just wondering. Did the staff have a meeting and decide to step up the beatin' stick usage? If so, thats not a bad idea at all. Those of us that really love this game will endure a couple bops on the head while the law gets laid down, and at the same time the new show of force may well run out some of the rif raf that like to bend the rules and exploit little things whenever they can.

DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-11-05 08:01   
Nope sounds to me a drinking game gone wrong

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Redemption (Angel of Light)
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2007-11-05 08:02   
1. hi kan hows life, where ya been

2. yes the law needs a firmer hand

3. get back on ds now

Email Redemption (Angel of Light)   Goto the website of Redemption (Angel of Light)
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 08:07   
Quote:

On 2007-11-05 08:01, Dragonslayer*Unban Starfist* wrote:

nope sounds to me like somebody is stepping up to the plate and is tired of all this idiocy going around

fix'd

[ This Message was edited by: Fattierob (x2 Giant Enemy Crab) on 2007-11-05 08:13 ]

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 08:26   
why is it every ones always pointing at the staff saying it their fault, you all do beacon spam too much and infront of admins so whos the idiot now..... you go luth and find out and youll be disgusted at how every one beacon spammes and uses observe to find luth then you can apolagize.

[ This Message was edited by: Redemption (The Fallen Archangel) on 2007-11-05 08:27 ]

Email Redemption (Angel of Light)   Goto the website of Redemption (Angel of Light)
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 09:01   
its the way it was handled red....Feral got a little short with alot of the UGTO players looking for an easy kill....and he finally put his foot down....and im sad to say it but......its about damn time.....but the way it was handled wasnt justified in my eyes....

Email GothThug {C?}
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 09:20   
justified goth..... what justification is there for it, if i get beaconed with 2 beacons i lag to hell most people get more than that cus of some trigger happy ugto, and feral did right in my eyes cus if it wasnt him who did it mr black wudve.

Mutant (GenX)
Marshal

Posted: 2007-11-05 10:15   
I haven't been playing long, but in the few days I have, I have been playing K'luth in the MV, I have had a signature over 200 twice with lots of beacons on my ships. If you can be tracked with " a " beacon wouldn't that be enough ? I have had some encounters with lag and can understand how some-things can happen twice but if a ship that can cloak is beaconed it doesnt need to be beaconed again until it wears off and regains the ability to cloak again.

I think what Feralwolf did was correct and he took the right action to correct it, with the notice up about beacon spamming for all to read and abide by it, it was the only action he could take.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 10:41   
yes but how can YOU as a player or staff TELL that it was them doing it? you cant tell because 1. i reported someone myself and 2. i needed for THE PLAYER THAT BEACONED ME to be in the picture with me SHOOTING the beacons....now if feral or any one of you got beaconed and you blame the first person who was in front of you I.E Dragonslayer, Starfist or what have you...all it is is Bias bullcrap and pointing fingers at the ones WHO MIGHT have done it....

not Defending actions here...just speaking from experience

Email GothThug {C?}
Mutant (GenX)
Marshal

Posted: 2007-11-05 10:54   
Well for starters..since you were not there Goththug ( I was there )...the ones who got kicked were the ones who were beacon spamming. And since you were not there GothThug you shouldn't say anything about something you didnt know about.....speaking from the experience.

SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2007-11-05 11:08   
now as many kluth players know i try to limit my beacons to 1 per ship and if i do hit them with more and they escape i yell out saying sorry for the double beacons or so and if my ship gets a weapon bug that all weapons fire including the beacons i then cancel them ASAP and if i see a UGTO player beaconing a kltuh to no end i ask them in yell to turn them off and lay off them as if the player is lagged due to the beacons it means they cant fight well so its not a fair fight and i hate it if that happens and i know very well wat happens with beacons on luth ships it really plays hell with the game and thats with about 2 or 4 beacons on me and my computer can handle almost anything.

TheHunter
Marshal

Posted: 2007-11-05 12:19   
umm ok first off feral DID say sorry to myself for kicking me out of the server, his quick temper took me out of game only to find out that my dread didnt even have a single beacon launcher aka he got the wrong ship that beaconed him that was the day before the mass ugto kicking spree.

Now the rules have been talked about to myself from multiple mods and the consensus is that you are allowed to fire off beacon after beacon but you must stop firing beacons at the target if your beacons hit the ship ... Now in the heat of a battle with multiple ships in the past ive fired off around 7 beacons at a single ship/target to which only 1 stuck due to target pilot skills at dodging them so fired 7 only 1 hit.

my point if in a big scale battle you fire off the same 7 and 5 hit due to pilot being either rubbish at piloting or what ever we cannot shift +T to remove the other 4 beacons that are not needed on that target, might i suggest a little programming from the admins so they beacons work very much like Infantry do in that only 1 at a time can be landed on an enemy ship.

please tell me that this will not only kill out beacon spam but will save ugto pilots from also getting persicuted for beacon spamming if only 1 beacon is allowed to stick ??

hope some of this can be seen by both sides as good idea hell if they can do it with inf no reason they cant with beacons.

Goto the website of TheHunter
Bash
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-05 12:29   
Quote:

On 2007-11-05 12:19, lCEMAN *Unban Starfist Campaign* wrote:
umm ok first off feral DID say sorry to myself for kicking me out of the server, his quick temper took me out of game only to find out that my dread didnt even have a single beacon launcher aka he got the wrong ship that beaconed him that was the day before the mass ugto kicking spree.

Now the rules have been talked about to myself from multiple mods and the consensus is that you are allowed to fire off beacon after beacon but you must stop firing beacons at the target if your beacons hit the ship ... Now in the heat of a battle with multiple ships in the past ive fired off around 7 beacons at a single ship/target to which only 1 stuck due to target pilot skills at dodging them so fired 7 only 1 hit.

my point if in a big scale battle you fire off the same 7 and 5 hit due to pilot being either rubbish at piloting or what ever we cannot shift +T to remove the other 4 beacons that are not needed on that target, might i suggest a little programming from the admins so they beacons work very much like Infantry do in that only 1 at a time can be landed on an enemy ship.

please tell me that this will not only kill out beacon spam but will save ugto pilots from also getting persicuted for beacon spamming if only 1 beacon is allowed to stick ??

hope some of this can be seen by both sides as good idea hell if they can do it with inf no reason they cant with beacons.

I have to support this idea of beacon limits
01:38:43 Shigernafy: "never trust a brit with your website.."

This message brought to you by the Flying Coffin Foundation"

12:02:07 Doran: "and you never hear AI complaining about how dumb players are"

Page created in 0.041623 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR