No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +7.1 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

1st - Alamode

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Horror Movies That make your skin Crawl
 Author Horror Movies That make your skin Crawl
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-07 09:32   
this last weekend i rented a bunch of horror movies that i thought would be sucky...like..cheesy even...but...they werent sucky at all...so heres a summary of the top 10 horror movies that made my skin crawl lol

1. The Evil Dead: This movie pushed the limit to Graphic Special Effects..with demonic possessed people that made their skin and muscle melt off their bones...truely a cool classic

2. The Exorcist: This movie bent the rules of supernatural horror and went over the top with this little girls head turning all the way around....and alot of Credits were reverends from churches..i found that interesting lol

3. The Original Nightmare on Elm Street: A horror movie of the ages, this movie had over the top nastyness to it...Freddy Krueger is one villian that will remain in our memories forever and that song that will remain in our hearts

4. Cabin Fever: Eli Roth has a knack for grossing people out with his movies, and Cabin Fever Tops them all, a Flesh Eating Virus attacks a homeless man and gets killed and falls into a lake infecting the water, and when some unsuspecting cabin renters drink it...they're also infected....

5. The Exorcism Of Emily Rose: This movie will make you think, when the reverend is accused of Disorderly conduct due to emilys death everyone questions the existence of a supernatural presence, did the devil kill her? or did the drugs

6. Silent Hill: This Movie Had Everything, From Demonic faceless Nurses that were doing choreagraphed Moves too the Ending Sequence..this truely was a frightening movie

7. Doom: This movie Bent the rules on Zombie Horror, Chromasome 24 the missing Gene from humans that could make us superhuman or a monster, this movie is so good, i put it in my best watched movie collection

8. Ghost Ship: From its open Graphic Sequence to the beautiful Ending, this movie bent the rules on a truely original storyline into one of Hollywoods best Haunted Horror Movies of all time...This one truely is number 8 on my list to watch

9. George A. Romeros: Land of The Dead: This movie was far better than anything i have ever expected. Top of the line explosions, to zombies disembowling a woman just by tearing out her bellybutton ring...this movie freaked me out more than anything until....

10. Planet Terror: This movie....Over the top Graphic Special effects, lots of cursing, sex, and a Machine Gun Leg? This movie is awesome to say the least...a biochemical that eats human flesh and turns people into zombies is released into the atmosphere turning the towns people into monsters

This movie is one to watch and is one of Robert Rodriguises best movies

Email GothThug {C?}
Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2007-11-07 12:08   
Those made you skin crawl?

Try watching the Original B/W Psyhco on a dark rainy night with all the lights off...

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2007-11-07 12:43   
For psychological thrills, the 1978 remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers was awesome.

Silent Hill really irked me, though. Most of it was just the usual meh-gore, but the last scene, with the antagonist and the barbwire...

Dark Eldar
Cadet

Posted: 2007-11-07 13:03   
Goth .. You are a horror movie.

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2007-11-07 21:27   
Try watching horror movies where I live;Every ten minutes I can hear a coyote or mountain lion or whatever it is about 100 feet away from the window and it sounds like its right next to me

[ This Message was edited by: Junky the FunkyMonke on 2007-11-07 22:22 ]

DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-11-08 07:48   
if u watched evil dead u gotta watch evil dead 2, Note that they did make a evil dead 3 but it was named diffrently and was turned into a comedy due to the fact they made the first 2 too sickin due to its time it was made and had to bring it back some how but without grossing out a crowd. The name of part 3 was call Army Of Darkness: Bruce Owned in that movie

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-12947/Gfx/AoD/armydk55.jpg

[ This Message was edited by: Dragonslayer*EAD Squad* on 2007-11-08 07:55 ]

Email DragonSlayer*Sanctuary*
Axianda The Royal
Fleet Admiral
Terra Squadron

Posted: 2007-11-08 10:12   
GREMLINS!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

on a serious note, Event Horrizon scared the poop out of me
and silent hill

- Axi

Bobamelius
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2007-11-08 18:58   
Event Horizon was interesting. It was really suspenseful and everything but not much actually happened until the end. Scarier that way I guess.

Although I have to admit the presence of Sam Neill completely ruined the scariness... the whole movie I was just like "hey it's the Jurassic Park guy!"

I also expected him to say "Captain Miller, after careful consideration I have decided not to endorse your spaceship".

[ This Message was edited by: Bobamelius on 2007-11-08 19:03 ]

Email Bobamelius
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-09 02:45   
lol bob....Event Horizon was a whodunit....i liked it....if you like whodunit movies like horror style heres a top 10

1. The I know what you did last summer Trilogy
2. scream Trilogy
3. Urban Legends 1 and 2
4. Scary movie
5. Sleepy Hollow
6. I know who killed me
7 Saw
8. Dead Silence
9. The Fog
10. Hallow Man

Email GothThug {C?}
Nax
Marshal

Posted: 2007-11-09 06:20   
You forgot current gems like House of 1000 Corpses - another comedy.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-09 07:54   
Quote:

On 2007-11-09 06:20, Nax wrote:
You forgot current gems like House of 1000 Corpses - another comedy.

never liked Rob Zombies movies nax....hehe

Email GothThug {C?}
$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2007-11-09 08:09   
I generally find a lot of these movies to be pretty hilarious. Its the psychological ones that really mess with me. The scariest movie I've seen in a while was the Sixth Sense. Part of it was that I was 10ish when I saw it, but it's still a freaky movie.

Fleet Admiral Busby
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-09 20:36   

Tbone
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-10 00:13   
The curse of Random first Word Capitalization.

Email Tbone
GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2007-11-10 00:26   
lulz Tbone

Email GothThug {C?}
Page created in 0.031028 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR