No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +20.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » Problems with Windows XP RC1
 Author Problems with Windows XP RC1
Deleted

Posted: 2001-07-21 21:30   
Hi All

I'm a newbie here and have not been able to play Darkspace very much as yet.

I am experiencing some of the problems that others are having in regards to connecting to servers, clarity of text and flashing lines and colours on the screen.

I have been able to connect and actually get into the game on many occassions, but always experience issues within 2 to 3 minutes from being in a game.

Problem being game seems to stop for about 30 seconds (sound goes into a constant loop and can't move mouse or anything), then resumes for maybe 5 seconds then stops again etc. etc. This happens approx 5 times before the game closes with no error message. Windows then behaves in a similar way (can move the mouse for maybe 2 seconds then stop for 30 seconds) forcing me to reboot.

I have not had this issue with any other game or application so far with Windows XP.

I am using drivers that came with Windows XP for video/sound/etc as they appear to be the latest ones specifically for XP.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hardware Specs:
P3 866Mhz
512Mb RAM
ATI Radeon 64Mb
SB Live DE 5.1
Cable Modem

Deleted

Posted: 2001-07-22 06:55   
The flashing ingame with a Radeon card has been reported before try to start Darkspace in windowed mode (via settings in the client startup).

As far as the lockups are concerned i have to look for it, when i find s.th. useful i'll post it here, we haven't had much exp with windows XP and Darkspace (noone seemed to have it this far)

Toddi

Bumblebee
Cadet
Mercenaries of Andosia

Posted: 2001-07-23 03:55   
well i will try to combine DS and XP1 - have not done so far

i will update you ASAP - but give me a little time - tnx.

[MoA]Bumblebee
Mercenaries of Andosia

MOD of the cleanest Forum in town

Email Bumblebee
Deleted
Cadet

Posted: 2001-07-23 04:13   
Thanks for your help guys.

Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2001-07-23 08:24   
The pauses are caused by too many platforms in the game.. We are currently removing them as they have been very much abused since the start of the beta.

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2001-07-25 06:17   
Update:

First of all, I've been able to stay in the game for longer for the last couple of days. Perhaps this has been related to improved response time to the DarkSpace servers?

I'm still getting system lockups though. I have found that the lockups generally happen when I go to maximum velocity. Within 10 to 20 seconds of going full velocity, I get several lockups as before, then I get disconnected.

When I get back to Windows, my system seems to lose all internet connectivity, forcing me to reboot.

I also sometimes get the blue screen with the ndis.sys error message, the same as PolarBer1. For me, this has always occured around the time when the system locks up.

Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to get into the game enough to test any further

Page created in 0.010468 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR