- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +17.6 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Bizaro
15th - *Flash*
9th - Uziel Lt. Seraph

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Clan made Planet/Cluster and what u think
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author Clan made Planet/Cluster and what u think
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral
United Nations Space Command

Posted: 2008-01-17 05:38   
What do you mean a bad suggestion, the topic or my other post. and i dont think this would beling in the beta becuse this could happen at any time durring DS, no patches or updates are required to add planets or clusters. all that is needed is the admins permition and help and a planet could be spawned any where at any time.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-01-17 07:44   
We can add as many planets as we want to the game, but we cannot set up a system where specific planets are permanently owned by a given fleet. It breaks the core ideology of the game, which is galactic scale conquest.

We will not promote "free" rewards like you are suggesting. If you want to own a planet, go out and capture one. If a fleet wants to establish territory, then capture a system or cluster, build it, and defend it, and take responsibility for managing it. This is the kind of game play we want to promote.
Founding a fleet should never grant automatic rights outside of the game environment. Rewards like this should be earned through sweat and blood.

The Faction High Councils may on occasion offer to "sell" non-planets to the highest bidding fleets, but under no circumstance would such control be permanent. If another faction then capturess the planet, your money is lost.

We are not going to provide extra planets just so that fleets can buy them. New planets will be default be neutral.

Goto the website of Drafell
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-17 07:59   
well i was not exactly expecting a planet to just be given, but i ment for a clan to be able to place the planet, from there it is free game. I just wanted a planet that a clan could call home(kinda). i thought it would add a new thing to the game. and i have never heard of a planet oction b4, i was thinking tht a big clan could choose a place to call their own planet(still can be bombed, taken, built and scraped) but just so the clan could place it and name it.
I see how there could be an issue with that.

Ospolos
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-17 08:12   
An important point brought up about the conquest factor in this game. This idea would still work in another fashion, if however there were better "tools" to manage your planets/systems for a fleet. I agree this game shouldn't have locked fleets to planets of their own, in order to fill in the idea of total conquest. So if platforms and other fleet management tools where introduced to the game, it could work.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-17 08:24   
I have read about the platform idea before, and i liked it alot, but if the anmins dont wanna even spawn a planet in for a fleet that deserves it then why would they make platforms for fleets that deserve it. Ide love the idea of Clan platforms and i think it would be better with then my idea but if they wont even toss us a fiew planets then what would motovate them to make us platforms.

Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-01-17 11:35   
The difference is that we need to keep a tight reign on the strategic importance of planets by placement, and we cannot leave this to the general player base. It's also completely against the context of DarkSpace that a fleet has the capability to build an entirely new planet from scratch... we just don't have that form of technology in DS, unless you are MI...

The eventual design of platforms is that they WILL be built and moved around by players, and all the features for them will be designed around this concept.

Goto the website of Drafell
Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-17 20:06   
*sigh* well i guess there is no argueing with that. i do hope i could know a more exact date for the platforms to be released, just 1 question, i have noticed a kinda of annomaly in the LaLa system, it is a gas giant that is controlled by the UGTO. i am not sure how that is tied into stragic importance but it is a real pain in the but.

BorgeR
Captain

Posted: 2008-01-17 20:22   
That would be like the Ultimate in prestige to have your own planet or cluster in the game. The only problem would be to come up with a truely fair way to determine who gets what. Maybe it could be based off a average % takes of clans prestiege as in taking total of all members and deviding it by # of members that way it wouldnt matter how big or small clan is and it would get everyone to help each other that much more. But i a big Noob and possible in over my head with this one so i'll leave that one alone .........check please! Waitress check please.

Winters Rapture
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-17 20:42   
lol np, this topic is what you think about it= all ideas are welcome to the really easy ones to the most far fetched. The only reason i made it was becuse i wanted to hear ideas like that. and the topic is still open for any one to speak their minds.

kromaticorb
Lieutenant Commander

Posted: 2008-03-20 02:54   
just to let everyone know, i'm new, so i may not know enough about the game yet. just to warn you.

giving planets to certain, active clans. no. i'm sorry but that can get ugly. fast. even if the clan was started day 1 of the game and has kept the same 100 people in it who are on everyday for 8 hours. i would still say no. let them take governership of planets they have captured and built up. implement something that says, i'm here, this is mine, back off. and then proceed to let the credits the planet generates go to whoever ahs their stake on the planet. that being said, they can use that income to start building platforms, space stations, or whatever. doesn't really matter.

on stations, make them like planets. you know, being stationary, but instead of 32 places to build structures, make it 16. seems kinda neat. but, of course, they can't be taken out easily so give it a lot of armour or something. or shields. or armour and shields. but they have to build the armour and shields. that way all 16 spaces can't be used for flying shooting things. ya, i like this idea. i see problems tho. 16 spaces, trying to have enough pop to research the good stuff plus through in power, food, grr. 16 might be too small. 24 maybe?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.018001 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR