No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +6.1 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Sir Oblivion {C?}

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Announcements » » Wrapping up 1.3 and Preview of 1.4
 Author Wrapping up 1.3 and Preview of 1.4
Faustus
Marshal
Palestar

Posted: 2002-01-19 08:08   
Things to finish for 1.3...

- Gadget pricing scheme, so they actually cost credits. Additionally, taking a ship, stripping it's parts, then getting another will be greatly discouraged with a very negative prestige lost.
- More restrictions on what weapons can be mounted into which slots. This means more categories of slots... i.e. BEAM_WEAPON, PROJECTILE_WEAPON, TORPEDO_WEAPON, MISSILE_WEAPON

K.. been doing alot of thinking about the direction the game needs to continue to head.

Firstly, we need to continue adding to the strategic gameplay to keep the high ranking players interested in DS. These are on my list of things to do or explore in more detail for 1.4...

- I bet you were wondering what planets were going to do with all those credits. Well, you'll spend them on projects which will be like a technology tree for planets. The projects will be in the form of a tree, so each planet will be able to have specific technologies and abilities unique to that planet. This will be used to allow planets to make certain ship devices and so on.
- Trade routes could become an entirely new game within it'self. This would involve implementing a method to setup which goods are moved from which planet to another, utimately meeting supply and demand.
- More unit types and more control. Increased control of ground units and more types to have would allow much more elaborate ground combat, thusly making it a more involved process to capture a planet from the enemy.

Any suggestions you might have, please add to this post or in the suggestions forum with the title 1.4...

-Richard

Goto the website of Faustus
Deleted
Marshal

Posted: 2002-01-19 10:22   
IF you are going to restrict weapons to specific slots, how about a bigger variety of weapons?

Last time i checked all the factions have ONLY one type of torpedo as well as like 2 types of missiles.

I do agree that the current system has to change, but what am i going to replace my fusion torpedo with? Another fusion torpedo? or my Fighters with another of the same fighter?

Vinco
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-01-19 11:16   
Add the ability to buy faster/stronger engines and jump drives. Also, please work on the trading system. I'm getting a group together to become this key infrastructure(ITG), and it would be nice to have a clear role to play in the game. And I agree with adding better varieties of the torps and other weapons. Possibly add special beams.

Neutron Cannon: kills troops on a ship once shield/armor is breached.
Leech cannon: drains the energy of the target
ELF blast: I've seen this one before... bypasses shields and hits hull directly, but low damage potential
Graviton beam: A continuous beam weapon that does damage for as long as the target is kept in range

Missiles:
Leech missile
Mine missile: attaches to the hull of the enemy, and is detonated by shift-m. This allows a player to "tag" one side of the enemy ship, then bring all weapons to bear and do one massive strike... especially useful on the ICC, as it would not allow time for shield rotation.
Anti-sensor missile: If it hits a target, it automatically destroys any sensor or ECCM systems installed.
Anti-engine missile: Slows the target by damaging engine systems

Projectile:
Chain gun: rapid, mid damage, high ammo... possibility to overheat
Needle cannon: armor-piercing shells.

I'll try to think of some more ideas.

Vinco

In Another Place

Honor is all.

Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2002-01-19 11:46   
MadB|oTcH, that isn't true...remember that its possible to get three different types of torpedoes....ICC torpedoes are the weakest, but you can salvage torpedoes such as UGTO Torpedoes, and the strongest, K'luth AM Torpedoes.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-01-19 19:30   
Thats why i said EACH FACTION has one torpedo type.

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-01-20 16:07   
it seems that the starports only sell what people sells to it. since you said planets will have a technology tree, why not have them produce weapons according to their technology. from low tech planet with cl300 and rail guns, to high tech planet with cl550 and maybe CL2000 on some planet with rare minerals or something.

[ This Message was edited by: [el33t]Lucifer on 2002-01-20 16:10 ]

Deleted
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2002-01-21 08:03   
More commands for captured AI ships, for example reload, formations, orbit, unload, load, etc...

[EDIT]
And "jumping" into ships, you could control the ships like you do yours.

[ This Message was edited by: Faravid on 2002-01-21 09:46 ]

Samweis*
Cadet

Posted: 2002-01-21 08:12   
It would be nice if you can load and unload goods on captured transports and give them orders to trade these things.

Email Samweis*
Page created in 0.015806 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR