Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +2.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

20th - Relient
19th - Entil-Zha the Starkiller

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Developer Feedback » » Fleet Paint Scheme Customisation
 Author Fleet Paint Scheme Customisation
YIIMM
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-26 07:06   
I know there've been a lot of suggestions for personalised decals on the ships of fleets and that it's been refused on the grounds that it would only be a matter of time before someone put a giant wang as the fleet logo.

The idea I've had is along the same vein, but I think (well, I hope) it's a little different to what's been suggested before.

Instead of having an actual image on the ship, why not have certain strips on the hull armour whose colour can be changed.

In Homeworld, I think, the faction you played as had something you could change called "stripe colour" or something, and say you had your stripes set to green, then in game certain parts of your ships' hulls would be green.

I think it would give fleets the option to fly under the same colours without the system being open to abuse.

Comments welcome.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-26 08:48   
Would probably require more complex models and programming, but I think it would be worth it.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-01-26 12:12   
Mechanics for fleet insignia's on the ships are already in-game, they just need fine tweaking.

Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-01-27 15:36   
Quote:

On 2008-01-26 12:12, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Mechanics for fleet insignia's on the ships are already in-game, they just need fine tweaking.

O.o

*pokes Draf to work on them*

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-27 15:55   
Yeah, we have a decal system where you can overlay images onto ships (the pirate logos on ships are all like that).

The problem is making it so that uploaded images are put on there without needed a rebuild. I don't know how to program such things, but in theory Faustus could enable that functionality and we'd have decal-able ships.

In theory you could put stripes on there too, I suppose.. though I'm not sure how that'd work. The easiest would probably be some form of tinting - you can shift the entire ship red-ward, or more greenish, or whatever. But I'm just guessing as to programming difficulty, as I'm no programmer.

Email Shigernafy
Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-01-27 18:59   
Quote:

On 2008-01-27 15:55, Shigernafy wrote:
Yeah, we have a decal system where you can overlay images onto ships (the pirate logos on ships are all like that).

The problem is making it so that uploaded images are put on there without needed a rebuild. I don't know how to program such things, but in theory Faustus could enable that functionality and we'd have decal-able ships.

In theory you could put stripes on there too, I suppose.. though I'm not sure how that'd work. The easiest would probably be some form of tinting - you can shift the entire ship red-ward, or more greenish, or whatever. But I'm just guessing as to programming difficulty, as I'm no programmer.

I think such a drastic change in ship color would be too much.

Stripes or more preferably, sections, could be tinted and shifted to a different color, but not each section, as I believe every factions' ships should have some greater resemblance to the original (UGTO being mostly white, ICC being mostly grey, Kluth being mostly red/yellowish), though naturally people would shift their fleet colors to complement these colors.

-Ent

Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-29 05:32   
Quote:

On 2008-01-27 18:59, Enterprise wrote:
I think such a drastic change in ship color would be too much.

I agree; I was just making some guesses as to what would be easiest to add. But the logo idea wouldn't be too much worse, I don't think. I can't say about stripes, but in theory they're possible too.

Email Shigernafy
Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-29 14:39   
If certain sections of ships were labled as "Stripable", then people can customize those sections to whatever extent they want.

That way, ships look unique, but still look the same (Like how all fighters look the same, but have different markings on them for different squadrons)

|Kakashi|
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-08 01:24   
If we get fleet paint scheme colors, why not get personilised decals on each ship? Buy wont it be a little hard on K'luth?
But still, it would be pretty good if we could get personilised fleet decals.
But the fleet admin would only be able to change it. Mabye a pettetion to change it?

- Akatsuki

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-12 12:42   
a custom paint job...sounds nice...i want an option to colour your ship how you want it....as for me...mine will be Black with Red and Purple Stripes XD with Swivel engines XD hehe...that would be so cool tho

Email GothThug {C?}
|Kakashi|
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-19 04:00   
Quote:

On 2008-02-12 12:42, GothThug {C?} wrote:
a custom paint job...sounds nice...i want an option to colour your ship how you want it....as for me...mine will be Black with Red and Purple Stripes XD with Swivel engines XD hehe...that would be so cool tho

Mine: Black and purple and blue

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-19 14:33   
Mine would be Red and yellow and green a mauve and ochre and brown and blue and pink and purple and scarlet and grey and white and black and lilac and turquise and orange!

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-19 14:38   
Mine would be Red and yellow and green a mauve and ochre and brown and blue and pink and purple and scarlet and grey and white and black and lilac and turquise and orange!

Deltabacon
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-19 14:40   
sry about that double post

Page created in 0.023936 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR