Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.9 Days

Search

Anniversaries

22th - Tellaris
17th - Oskar von Reuenthal

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Thank you Vibulenus
 Author Thank you Vibulenus
Shigernafy
Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-26 15:16   
You're probably all aware that xTx and some supporters of the idea in his thread would like staff actions posted in public so the community knows we're working and knows who to ostracise. You probably also know this was rejected by the staff.. BUT! While I will not tell you details of the incident reported, I would like to publicly commend Vibulenus for excellence in reporting and citizen journalism.

Huh?

Basically, we had a player who was slot bugging for fun and profit (the title of my next book, incidentally), and Vibulenus noticed it. Then, over the course of the next few minutes, we received a number of reports:

A report identifying the exploiting player and his location
A report explaining the mods on his ship and his current actions
A report speculating on the previous actions of the ship based upon the mods and the status of the MV
A report with five screenshots all capturing valuable views of the ship which allowed us to corroborate the previous reports

Because of his clear, detailed yet succint reporting and follow-through on the issue, the Staff wanted to publicly commend him, and I have also taken the opportunity to give him a bit of bonus prestige and an extension of his subscription.

Thank you again, Vibulenus.

Email Shigernafy
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2008-01-26 15:27   
Could we have more reports like this not saying who it was but commending them and telling what they did, it makes the staff look like they do something besides sit in the lobby(I know they don't).

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-26 16:19   

Nice Job, Vibulenus

Smartin
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-01-26 16:57   
A very good report indeed. Well done, and thanks.

DarkSpace Community Website

Email Smartin
Trix
Marshal

Posted: 2008-01-26 18:26   
well i cant take all the thanks, if it wasnt for [VCA]doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) bringing the incident in question forward in the lobby i would never have known about it, as a player that isnt fleeted i scrapped a ship joined the mv,
as i had a feeling on which faction to join from an earlier incident in sol where Charon was nuked, i sat between pluto and the sol gate with a dicter to trap the bomber dessy,
but he was able to out run me and dissappear without getting an acual lock on him.
i knew it was an icc ship from the blue engine trail which led me to log on to the faction, at which time i found the player in question with the exploited ship.

the thanks should also extend to [VCA]doda *EP5* (No Longer Exception...) for bringing forward this issuse to be dealt with.

and thank you to the Staff of Darkspace for the recognition of a job well done

Vibulenus

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-01-27 02:24   
Four reports? With five screenshots? Seriously? I didn't know that a /report was to be used to write something so extensive. Reports do have a character limit, true, but four? Then again, I suppose there isn't any actual forum where these concerns can go... appears that what I learned from the "/report usage" thread can't quite apply (there's no appropriate thread for these concerns from players to staff, Dr Evil!). Whatever. Four reports. That's cool. And we're supposed to report them anyway. I get it. And it helps for stuff to be as soon as possible - a /report is seen immediately, whereas no one may notice a forum post for a while. And if there were actually a forum for these kinds of player-related concerns, then everyone would read that, thus deleting privacy by revealing the names of the reported... I understand.

You could have left out the "reward" bit, though, Shig. If you guys are concerned about revealing the actions you've done to punish people, then you should have also been concerned about revealing that you're giving Vibulenus a pat on the head for doing a good job. And what about the player who was punished? Should this player read this thread, s/he will know that Vibulenus was who reported him. You've now singled him out for any future actions done to him by that player. Also, others may try to find any excuse they can to /report with screenshots that may or ma--- okay, that's just more work for you guys, and I'm sure you can sift through all of that junk and detect which are tr--- yeah, whatever. I'm not a moderator or administrator. It's all on you guys.

I will congratulate Vibulenus... but only for following the Rules of Conduct:

Quote:

Once upon a time, Rules of Conduct said:
Participants should report any instances of cheating or other Game exploitation at once to the "nearest" Game official.
It is the responsibility of the officials to investigate the situation and take appropriate action. Participants can help them do their job by providing as much evidence and information as possible.

I guess it's cool that you did four reports, though. With five screenshots.

- Edit: Minor typos I wanted to fix.

[ This Message was edited by: Grimith on 2008-01-27 02:25 ]

Goto the website of Grimith
jedi42
Grand Admiral
Evil Empires Inc.

Posted: 2008-01-27 07:06   
Quote:
(there's no appropriate thread for these concerns from players to staff, Dr Evil!)

Please do not antagonize evilbob.
jedi42, darkjedi42, [drunk], hoid o' toitles, evil, rum, cl2k drainer, gdi, {C?}, hive teets, fusion mating, perfect cloud formation, death star, point jump, tractor scout, torp det, def cluster, cloaked elf

Page created in 0.015950 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR