No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +3.5 Days

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » 484 almost done????
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author 484 almost done????
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-10 10:45   
So, when I got back about a month ago, Leonide (I think it was Leonide) tells me in a very excited manner that 484 is about to launch, and that just 2-3 more vessels had to be balanced and then we were set to go.

I told him that I was hearing how close 484 was to launch when I left 6 months before. He emphasized that it this was the real deal. I considered his statements and thought that it would really only take a few hours or even a couple days to balance 2-3 more ships, so maybe he is right.

Well, it has been a month since that day and I haven't even heard a word about stress-testing, final beta testing, or a launch date.

So, whats the word? How close are we REALLY?

Actually, let me keep it simple. Answer these questions directly, please:

1) What more, specifically, has to be done to complete 484?

2) How much longer (reasonable ballpark estimate) will those tasks take to complete (answer in both number of hours of work remaining as well as a estimated completion date)?

3) How many people are directly working on completing these tasks, and who are these people? (The who part isn't for pointing at them and saying You should be working on 484 right now, but rather a general curiousity.)

I would prefer that a moderator, admin or dev answer these, and will assume any replies from regular players are lies, rumors, jokes or flames.

Thanks.

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-10 11:06   
I'm no staff, but...

Quote:

On 2008-02-10 10:45, Kanman *FC* wrote:
So, when I got back about a month ago, Leonide (I think it was Leonide) tells me in a very excited manner that 484 is about to launch, and that just 2-3 more vessels had to be balanced and then we were set to go.

Leonide is staff? Erm.....thats news to me, unless I keep forgetting leo is or was or something.

Quote:

I told him that I was hearing how close 484 was to launch when I left 6 months before. He emphasized that it this was the real deal. I considered his statements and thought that it would really only take a few hours or even a couple days to balance 2-3 more ships, so maybe he is right.

As far as I know, beta hasn't been updated with the balanced cruisers, dreads, stations, and support ships. So, I don't think 2-3 ships may need excel balancing, but in-game balancing might be different

Quote:

Well, it has been a month since that day and I haven't even heard a word about stress-testing, final beta testing, or a launch date.

So, whats the word? How close are we REALLY?

in before Two Weeks™

Quote:

Actually, let me keep it simple. Answer these questions directly, please:

My educated guess would be ships. Thats all i've read/heard about that needs to be balanced. Also, every little bug needs to be squashed too.

Quote:

2) How much longer (reasonable ballpark estimate) will those tasks take to complete (answer in both number of hours of work remaining as well as a estimated completion date)?

Dunno, again, not staff.

Quote:

3) How many people are directly working on completing these tasks, and who are these people? (The who part isn't for pointing at them and saying You should be working on 484 right now, but rather a general curiousity.)

I believe the following are developers (I also think all the old admins are too, like chromix and such):

Doran, Drafell, Shigernafy, Backslash.

Quote:

I would prefer that a moderator, admin or dev answer these, and will assume any replies from regular players are lies, rumors, jokes or flames.

Thanks.

Well, I try to not spread lies, rumors and heat, but I'm guility as charged for jokes ;D

LobbyZombie
2nd Rear Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-02-10 11:20   
2 Weeks ™

[ This Message was edited by: LobbyZombie on 2008-02-10 11:21 ]

Old am i not but what are you?

Email LobbyZombie
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-10 12:33   
Quote:

On 2008-02-10 10:45, Kanman *FC* wrote:

While I'm not a member of the Dev team, I have a few of them on my friends list.. Ships need to be tested heavily, to make sure the layouts they have made for them actually work. Infact, almost everything needs to be tested to make sure it works. They also have to go in and fix all the ship item's. (When you change one out, it kind of breaks).

In short, they have alot of things to be worked on, not just 2-3 ships.

2) How much longer (reasonable ballpark estimate) will those tasks take to complete (answer in both number of hours of work remaining as well as a estimated completion date)? From the progress I've seen since Drafell and Jack where brought in to help, I would say that it'll probably be seven months. It could be earlier, it could be later.

I would say three.. Drafell, Faustus, Jack. It would be four, but Shig's taking a 'vacation' right now. Doran may also be helping with things, but I really don't know there.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim {Lul?} on 2008-02-10 12:36 ]

Email Supertrooper
SaturnShadow™ *FC*(Angel Of Darkness)
Marshal
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-02-10 12:58   
well i have no idea abouty the questions you have asked but i know that one ship has been added to DS for kluth:
Dread class
name: Krill
Rank required: Fleet Admiral
Badges required: Gold nav, combat, supply, build, transport and SILVER PRIVATEERING
weapons i know of: 6 or 7 CORE weapons

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-10 14:03   
wrong, the krill has 7 Core weapons and lots of Disrupters...however the rank needed is GA

Email GothThug {C?}
Leonide
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-02-10 14:18   
first of all, the issue that prevented most of everything working in Beta has been fixed ( i got draf on my F list), up to Cruisers have been fixed (with the exception of the engineering, supply, transport ships), the dreadnought and station class needs to be balanced also. and that's as far as i know. for the rest, read the Dev log.

captain of the ICC Assault Cruiser C.S.S. Sledgehammer

Email Leonide
|Kakashi|
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-10 15:07   
Quote:

On 2008-02-10 14:03, GothThug {C?} wrote:
wrong, the krill has 7 Core weapons and lots of Disrupters...however the rank needed is GA

Haha! Good luck >:]

-Akatsuki

Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Grand Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-02-10 18:58   
Krill....Sounds fun.

Email Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)   Goto the website of Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda)
Demorian
Fleet Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-02-10 21:47   
You people amaze me.

-Dem

$yTHe {C?}
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-02-10 22:21   

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-10 22:42   
oh $ythe whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!? thats gonna give me disturbing nightmares now -.-

Email GothThug {C?}
Rae
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-02-10 23:46   
Quote:

On 2008-02-10 21:47, Demorian wrote:
You people amaze me.

-Dem

Well, I read this thread with a bit of optimism, but it was dashed with Dem's oh so well thought out reply. I know where you're comin from dem, but come on.. does the quoted post really provide any useful info besides givin you the +1 to posts? Got anything else relevant to say?

-i too am interested in the state of the game atm, and would appreciate some official feedback!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Rae on 2008-02-10 23:47 ]

Fattierob
Vice Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-11 00:03   
Quote:

You people amaze me.

-Dem

I was thinking of something for a very long time to reply with to this thread. I just coudn't come up with the right words.

Dem, you never cease to amaze.

|Kakashi|
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-11 15:57   
Quote:

You people amaze me.

-Dem

Not as much as Two Weeks™

Quote:

On 2008-02-10 22:21, $yTHe {JedEye} wrote:

Rofl.

Quote:

On 2008-02-10 18:58, Sanity Assassin (K'Luth propaganda) wrote:
Krill....Sounds fun.

I knowww!

[ This Message was edited by: Anti-Akatsuki (Revenge Is Sweet) on 2008-02-11 16:04 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.025651 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR