No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/04/24 +5.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

21th - Chubba

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Client Installation Issues (Hardware/Drivers) » » GCQL crashing after Windows Update...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
 Author GCQL crashing after Windows Update...
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2008-02-14 21:15   
Thanks for the info it helped, alot.

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-02-15 10:20   
What I can't understand is why Microsoft have plugged the security hole in IE7 in this way. It could have been solved so much easier than the way they have done it, which has subsequently broken a lot of game browsers and the like.

Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-15 12:58   
WOw i love microsoft now! making patch come out earlier! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! btw, cinda sucks that we need to uninstall a security patch...

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-02-15 13:59   
Despite my best effort to delay the inevitable, Cisco Clean Access Agent (the program through which I'm required to go through in order to use the University's internet) finally told me, "You're not using our internet until you download this IE Security Update. Period."

So, I downloaded and installed the update, but the installation will not be completed for me until I restart the computer. I used my magic computer knowhow to make that HAHALOLYOUNEEDTORESTARTYOURCOMPUTER window really tiny and stick it on the bottom right of the screen.

The only thing I'm doing to my laptop when I'm ready for it to have a break is to put it on Hibernate. No need to risk not being able to log into GCQL for ages and then seeing way too many offline messages upon my return.

I suppose what I said could be considered as a suggestion for anyone who is ruled over by a Network Administrator.

Goto the website of Grimith
DarkScorpion
Marshal
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-02-15 14:42   
venrow have disabled auto update
thats first question also it happend to me i removed the file in question and next day i couldnt log on so i redownloaded it and removed it again now everything works fine for me

BackSlash
Marshal
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-02-15 15:45   
Grimith, if you're running XP:

Start > Run > "services.msc" > OK.

Find "Automatic Updates", right click it, "Stop service".

Enjoy the window disapearing for now.

Grimith
Grand Admiral
Templar Knights

Posted: 2008-02-15 23:30   
Naaah. The window barely takes up any space on the screen. The size of what I can actually see of it is like... less than one-fourth the size of the down arrow boxes in GCQL. Really. Very small. Doesn't bother me at all.

But thanks for the tip, I guess.

Goto the website of Grimith
Purple
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-16 13:43   
i dont have the update installed on my comp and it still wont work (worked for a the last couple of days) and i uninstalled IE just to avoid it however my ds client is failing every time. anyone know whats up? or when that update is coming out?

MonkeyMan
Cadet

Posted: 2008-02-16 13:52   
I don't think so..... and F you should learn to prioritize, patching the beta only?? I think you should patch the current version "and I belive this should have been done first", ...... am i wrong? If any of the "Dev Team" lmao knew what they were doing they could at least put together a simple launcher.....

DO NOT UNINSTALL CRITCAL UPDATES AS DOING SO CAN CAUSE SYSTEM INSTABILITY OR MAY CAUSE CERTAIN PROGRAMS TO STOP WORKING COMPLETLY,

Just friggin fix it........ jeez

Purple
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-16 14:25   
so we are all going to pay 10 bucks a month for nothing? i mean no one knows exactly when the "fix" will happen so what are we paying for until then?

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-16 15:49   
Quote:

On 2008-02-16 13:52, CHUD wrote:
I don't think so..... and F you should learn to prioritize, patching the beta only?? I think you should patch the current version "and I belive this should have been done first", ...... am i wrong? If any of the "Dev Team" lmao knew what they were doing they could at least put together a simple launcher.....

DO NOT UNINSTALL CRITCAL UPDATES AS DOING SO CAN CAUSE SYSTEM INSTABILITY OR MAY CAUSE CERTAIN PROGRAMS TO STOP WORKING COMPLETLY,

Just friggin fix it........ jeez

It is fixed in beta, so it is fixed, and there are far too many Issues which you don't and can't understand that would stop them from rolling this one update into Darkspace Alpha.

Uninstalled the update, is users choice entirely, but so far no users have found any form of errors by removing it, whilst updating is integral, this is an IE7 Update, a security update, so, If you have a firewall, or are behind a router with a firewall then you are more than likely safe from anything ever happening.

I highly doubt removing this one update, will cause any form of error.

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

From: The Hotel California, takes excursions to Deep Sexys Space every now and then
Posted: 2008-02-16 16:56   
Um can this happen twice?

Little Pet Slinki
Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-16 17:27   
Happened twice to me too, I removed the update, then it forced itself back on, Just diable automatic updates.

net stop "automatic updates"

Goto the website of Little Pet Slinki
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-16 19:27   
well ive noticed a bug, ever since i uninstalled that security thingy my computer lags alot more in mv...dunno if this has anything to do with it but im having some problems in mv and i realy dont have any clue whats wrong...done all virus scans/spyware and nothing...

Junky Da FunkyMonke
Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-16 23:06   
Bastard reinstalled itself :S

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022024 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR