Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.2 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » State of the game?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
 Author State of the game?
Reeves-81
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-03-13 03:47   
Quote:

On 2008-03-12 18:34, Crim {R33} wrote:
This isnt a job for Faustus. Darkspace was started as a side project for Faustus, and something to do in his spare time. He never expected it to last this long. He can't spend the money on people to code Darkspace due to him having a family he has to support.

[ This Message was edited by: Crim {R33} on 2008-03-12 18:34 ]

It could very easily be argued in a court of law that income/revenue = employment, its taxable income therefore is indeed his JOB. If he cant handle it, he needs to outsource, "not ask for free help, as its not a free game" If it was free it would be very different, but he does have an obligation, I don't particualry care about his financial problems, we all have them, but obviously, as the creator and sole propriator of DS he has a responsabilty which very few of you seem to understand, oh well. I dont really care, Just a thought from the laws point of view....

I do find it interesting that your "defence" is that he has "life expenses" omfg so do we all, but we all dont have income from an online game now do we :|. Ok F look after your family, good man, sign over the income from ds to me and watch how quick I get it up and running, 10 Mbit server would be 10x what is needed for this game right now, and would only be a couple hundred a month tops, maybe get in touch with a few colleges and negotiate with the teachers, get students coding ds for credit, and on and on I could go, needless to say there IS no defence, we simply have to except it, once the player base drops below what is needed to keep the servers up, they'll be shut down. Im sure there will be a scramble by a few to put up a private server, but shortly thereafter DS will become extinct. -_-
Indeed now that the player base is dwindelling* he may not have the resources he once did to hire a dev. Either way its completly his resposibilty/problem how ever you want to look at it, "I belive he sees it as more of a problem these days".

Have a nice day

EDIT come to think of it, If i bought a server, and ran it from my house, it would only cost me 129$ a month for service. ISP provides this, I just checked, 15Mbit up and down. lol,

[small][ This Message was edited by: Reeves-81 on 2008-03-13 03:51 ][/small]

[ This Message was edited by: Mersenne Twister on 2008-03-13 09:13 ]

\"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading.\"
--Thomas Jefferson

DjArcas
1st Lieutenant

Posted: 2008-03-13 04:56   
Quote:

On 2008-03-12 18:12, BackSlash *Jack* wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-03-12 09:55, DjArcas wrote:
Awesome. I'm a professional games coder with 10 years' experience. Where do I sign up to lend a hand?

Hi!

I be Backy!

You can email me and I can forward you onto Faustus if you would like?

Done.

Echo-One*P6*(Angel Of Wrath)
Grand Admiral
*Renegade Space Marines*

Posted: 2008-03-13 07:54   
I see people really concerned about this issue.. some applying for taking part in the development.. that's a really good thing.. still there's no improvement.. there are still 5 people constantly on mv. I am going to pay for my game, but as some said before, I need to feel that it's worth payin' for. I love this game from the bottom of my heart; I used to play a lot before Romania has been banned, three years ago? I don't remember the exact period when we've been shut down. I've been looking all the time on the ds website to see if the ban has been lifted. I respect all the people that keep this game up and running, even in the present state.
I've been trying to get people into playing ds, but no one is interested because of the small community. We need the vets back, we need all the people to come back and prove that this game is part of our souls..

Honestly now.. this is a message for everyone.. don't let it go down. It would be awful for many.

Peace on you all !

Dauphin
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-03-13 12:22   
Darkspace was a tremendously fun game. I'm just grateful that I got a chance to enjoy it while the fun lasted. When the patch comes out, I'll resub in the hopes that things improve, but the story of this game is becoming a depressing tale.

Email Dauphin
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Page created in 0.018135 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR