No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
05/11/24 +3.3 Days

Search

Anniversaries

19th - Server

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » Soap Box » » Amusing Analogy
 Author Amusing Analogy
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-02-18 06:51   
Here is something that I found posted on www.slashdot.org, and thought was amusing. You can find the full article in question [url=http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/08/02/18/0018243.shtml]here.[/html] It's all about the cookies.

MORPHEUS: At last. Welcome, Neo. As you no doubt have guessed, I am Morpheus.

THOMAS: It's an honor.

MORPHEUS: No, the honor is mine. Please. Come. Sit. [Pause] I imagine, right now, you're feeling a bit like Alice, tumbling down the rabbit hole?

THOMAS: You could say that.

MORPHEUS: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he is expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you use closed source software, Neo?

THOMAS: No.

MORPHEUS: Why not?

THOMAS: Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my computer.

MORPHEUS: I know exactly what you mean. [Pause] Let me tell you why you are here. You have come because you know something. What you know you can't explain but you feel it. You've felt it your whole life, felt that something is wrong with the world. You don't know what, but it's there like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

THOMAS: Windows?

MORPHEUS: Do you want to know what it is? Don't we all feel that there is more to life...that there is something missing? [Pause] Windows is everywhere, it's all around us, even now in this very room. You can see it when you look out your - ahem - window [short pause] or when you turn on your media center. You can feel it when you login at work, when you surf to slashdot, when you pay your taxes online. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

THOMAS: What truth?

MORPHEUS: That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell, taste, or touch. A prison for your mind. Unfortunately, no one can be told what Windows is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the recovery disc, the story ends. You wake in your bed and you believe whatever you want to believe. You take the Ubuntu disc, you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I am offering is the truth. Nothing more.

(Thomas takes the Ubuntu disc and some cookies.)

Goto the website of Drafell
LobbyZombie
2nd Rear Admiral
Sanity Assassins

Posted: 2008-02-18 09:41   
hahahah

Old am i not but what are you?

Email LobbyZombie
Page created in 0.010208 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR