Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/27/24 +3.0 Days

Search

Anniversaries

16th - Jameason
14th - Random Axis

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » Beam Core Weapon
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author Beam Core Weapon
Don Nukey of ICC *CO*
Chief Marshal
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2008-02-28 14:29   
such a laser is only intended for station not dread or any smaller ship classes

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-28 15:39   
You know what I find interesting is that no matter what is ever suggested, there are several people in this community VICIOUSLY against the idea. Not to say that people are entirely attacking the idea in this thread, but it occurred to me while reading it so I post here, where it is most relevant.

I am absolutely CERTAIN that if Core Weapons had ALWAYS been beams and NEVER been projectile, and someone like myself suggested things like the QST, that a cluster of members would come out of the woodwork shooting the idea down.

They would say things like, Why risk carrying a weapon draws so much power, but risks no impact at all? or Enormous damage in an area of effect a great distance from the vessel is insane!. I can even imagine hearing things like "Why would we create a weapon that can destroy allies in combat as well as enemies! That's a poor Idea and I dont think the devs will go for it."

I am just thinking that we have become rather pecemistic in our views to ideas for the game. Everyone looks at how they would enjoy a new feature, and if it is counter to their way of playing, they will say it is a poor idea. I am not much of a fan of EAD. That QST is a liability, both to myself and the allies around me. BUT that is JUST ME! Others LOVE that ship and fly it often.

If the EAD were an idea for a new ship, people would come out of the woodwork saying they wouldnt like a ship like that, and the idea would be destroyed and the EAD would never exist, and all those people that love to fly it would be deprived.

In conclusion: New ideas and new devices for the game WILL encure new tactics in combat as well as power management. Different is not BAD. Allow for the possibility of a new concept to make it through to being made reality.

-Shadowalker-™
Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-02-28 16:19   
what if the weapon just depleted an icc shield, or brought ugto and kluth ships to 0. That wouldn't do any hull damage but still hurt them bad! Of course with the long cooldown down time and the energy drain all the way and maby something like all system shut down such as you cant move or fire anything

Email -Shadowalker-™
Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-28 16:24   
you may be on to something, seeker. A beam that can disable engines AND/OR disable a DICTOR....

Now, THERE is an idea. This wouldnt really be a super weapon but rather fall in the same realm as the Kluth energy-sucking beam. A short ranged beam that could disable an interdiction slot for up as long as it maintains the beam (like the elf beam). We should seriously consider that. Maybe small ships only get to have it or something. Whatever. Put some thought behind it.

Hellza - Dark Master
Fleet Admiral
Praetorian Wolves

Posted: 2008-02-29 00:37   
Quote:

On 2008-02-28 10:22, Kanman *FC* wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-02-28 00:50, Hellza - Dark Master wrote:

so it got me thinking, a last mintue resort? say about 80% hull damage the weapon becomes aviable?. has to be on. A Station, or a FA-GA rank Dread.

Exactly 20-40%? Hull damage.. no matter what type of ship.

I dont like either of these two options. Other than that, I agree with your post. This beam IS a good/fair/viable option for future development IMO.

in this game. i -dont- want to really see super weapons. yeah, its cool to be able to do MASSIVE damage and so on.
but then you have to sit back an think. if only one/two ships of each faction had these super weapons. (its a cool aim to work your way up the ranks for it. indeed) but this game isnt really ballanced for it. (not talking about this patch either.).

reason why I added in about exactly 20-40 % hull damage would bring a sort of balance... in my opinion, its pretty balanced. so... i the dealer of this sweet weapon wasted it on a small ship would be a utter an totall waste of time... I only added 20-40% because any more higher, and you would only need two of them to jump.. a station, alpha it. bye bye station an a matter of a mili second. =/.
--------------------

A few posts I read about the combat in darkspace is purely on skill with dodge/countering an so on. i couldnt agree more. one reason why i fly kluth. I love the fact our turning vessels are 'one' class lower.

our cruisers able to turn like a dessy. our dreads able to turn like a cruiser
(well, not exactly as fast, but alot more faster then the other two factions that are the same class of the ship.)

I do like those super torps is that.. they ARE dodge able. .

Fatal Rocko Willis
Fleet Admiral
Fatal Squadron

Posted: 2008-02-29 06:54   
Can we Say.... Starblazers, The Argo and Wave Motion Cannon? Sound familiar?

Email Fatal Rocko Willis
Tommas [ USF HunnyBunny ]
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-29 08:04   
Quote:

On 2008-02-28 16:24, Kanman *FC* wrote:
you may be on to something, seeker. A beam that can disable engines AND/OR disable a DICTOR....

Now, THERE is an idea. This wouldnt really be a super weapon but rather fall in the same realm as the Kluth energy-sucking beam. A short ranged beam that could disable an interdiction slot for up as long as it maintains the beam (like the elf beam). We should seriously consider that. Maybe small ships only get to have it or something. Whatever. Put some thought behind it.

We already have that weapon and its called emp guns. And icc got that ion that makes your system crash down.
Many thinks that dictor is somehting to put away in this game, i dont. But i do not want to support a weapon that goes straigtly for that option..to disable the jumpdrive or the interdictor.

And there will always be someone that dont like ideas kanman.. its a free forum where u can say whatever u want. I dont agree with beams coz i dont like beams, thats why i post here so that maybe we dont get them.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-29 08:45   
you dont like beams? well you're gonna hate 484....because beams are comin back in style! XD

Email GothThug {C?}
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-02-29 10:46   
Assault Disruptors and Heavy CL's.

Enough said.

Goto the website of Drafell
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-29 11:16   
yeh i know goth, its gona be sad

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-29 16:18   
how so tommas? surviving enough barrages in lasers instead of pcannons not good enough? ugh....Pcannons shouldnt have been allowed in the laser slots im sorry but CL2K's and Disrupters were pwnage back in 480

Email GothThug {C?}
Chief Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-29 16:54   
well i cinda explained myself earlier in the post...duh...takes away the game play that we got in the game, with the doding...and how u turn in the battle, how good u are to see where the enemies fly...where others fly and so on...the game play.

With beams its easy, a dread can just have 0 speed, sit and just watch where the ship goes then point jump it and kaboom battle is over. migth take 1 jump, migth take 3 i dunno. but then if 2 or 3 dreads do it syncronised its pretty easy to take out someone. Thats what i think is boring, its my personal thougth about it. I love the way battle is now. I dont want to change it, in my eyes they change whats bad with the game, but they also remove whats good with the game....

Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-29 19:45   
When you jump to point-blank range with a dread it doesn't matter if you fire torpedoes, cannons or beams, they will all hit at that range.

doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-29 20:23   
Quote:

On 2008-02-29 19:45, *VA*42861 wrote:
When you jump to point-blank range with a dread it doesn't matter if you fire torpedoes, cannons or beams, they will all hit at that range.

not if the target is very small, also jumping within under 20 gu of a target tends to be challenging

Sputter{TB}
Grand Admiral
Interstellar Cultural Confederation United

Posted: 2008-02-29 22:29   
i didn't read everyone's post on here but my suggestion on making it balanced is make the beam powerful but, no autoaim where you fire it is where it goes like the qst and others that don't aim they just fire in a direction making the beam only good if you aim it right.... makes me thing of it like sniping poor engineers

Email Sputter{TB}
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.022023 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR