No kills today... yet.

Upcoming Events

- Weekly DarkSpace
04/20/24 +11.4 Hours

Search

Anniversaries

No anniversaries today.

Social Media

Why not join us on Discord for a chat, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook for more information and fan updates?

Network

DarkSpace
DarkSpace - Beta
Palestar

[FAQ
Forum Index » » English (General) » » A simple solution to a complicated problem
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
 Author A simple solution to a complicated problem
Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-24 13:58   
I laugh at you guys.

Hahah.

Email Supertrooper
Purple
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-24 14:00   
i think the idea is ok but like many people have said the rules won't be enforced as you might see it. not only do mods and admins have other things to do but they can't go around banning everyone who breaks the no modding rule (which would probably be many) because then we will have very few active players left on the game.

Kanman
Grand Admiral
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-24 14:03   
I suppose that is a fair argument. I mean, it might have made combat and gameplay in general more fun to ban modding/upgrading, but DS Asia did die.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FC* on 2008-02-24 14:03 ]

Supertrooper
Marshal
Pitch Black

Posted: 2008-02-24 14:06   
Quote:

On 2008-02-24 14:03, Kanman *FC* wrote:
I suppose that is a fair argument. I mean, it might have made combat and gameplay in general more fun to ban modding/upgrading, but DS Asia did die.

[ This Message was edited by: Kanman *FC* on 2008-02-24 14:03 ]

DS Asia didnt die, PAGN (The host) did.

Email Supertrooper
Coeus
Grand Admiral
Sundered Weimeriners

Posted: 2008-02-24 14:07   
DS:A didn't die... you can't kill something that was already dead.

ICC Security Council Chief Enforcer

Email Coeus   Goto the website of Coeus
Xpli$it
Marshal

Posted: 2008-02-25 06:30   
Absoloutely not

Monkey (USF Exodus)
Fleet Admiral
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2008-02-25 07:07   
the way i see it, this isnt what killed DSA. DSA took its final blow when the severs died bak on 06. but it had been modded prior to that. the unmodded period was only a cuple of months in between. it was much more active than the modded period, since there was less bombwhores, and more combat.

the point is, that modded dreads cant do much more than 15 gu/s... besides. unmodded dreads are actually very efficient. they can engage at long distances very effectively (ive sniped a guy at 2.5k gu in a battle dread before (unmodded)).

from what isee atm, if people arent willing to try it, then we gonna follow dsa... the fact of the matter is, in my experience, modding creates more problems than it fixes.

sam

Email Monkey (USF Exodus)   Goto the website of Monkey (USF Exodus)
Sardaukar
Admiral
Raven Warriors

Posted: 2008-02-25 13:33   
I wouldn't mind this in the short term. Anyone who played on the (Fleet) Admiral server in it's heyday can see the nice aspects of this... playing for combat, not for my-setup-beats-your-setup. Not spending an hour on every ship to perfect it, going right to the action, not worring if that Missile-designated ship is carrying torpedos... ships did their jobs and combat was extremely fluid.

Enterprise
Chief Marshal

Posted: 2008-02-25 14:24   
For those who scoff at the idea, unmodded and unupgraded versions of ships this version are actually quite well balanced, as anyone who has fought without upgrading or modding can readily see.

Its the basic premise of what .484 WILL be, infact, as .484 wont have upgrading and modding will be severely limited, and ships rebalanced (not that they need to very much). That is more than enough to suggest that the idea has some merit in the current version.

Like I said however, its impossible to patch, and impossible to enforce, therefore such discussion seems rather meaningless.

-Ent

Tellaris
Grand Admiral
Galactic Navy

Posted: 2008-02-26 02:04   
Hello all! Its the Ghost of Tellaris, come to haunt you all!
Amazingly this is a pretty good idea. It does solve many of the problems that modding has generated (And its ALWAYS had problems... CL2k Luthie Dessies anyone?)
Though I'm still a firm believer that the DS population is simply too small to support an MV at this time, and that a return to FA days would probably serve it better then it did in the past.
But I dare say this is the next best idea!
Waiting for the mystical 1.484 to come out and freezing in inaction is a bad idea. The status quo would be perfectly fine if not for a few simple facts:
-The population is somewhat stagnent now
-The population is far smaller then it was in the past
-Subscribers are going down
-The last long ass patch we had to wait for (A complete re-engineering of the game network code) saw a massive drop in players

The population is shrinking, subscriptions dropping, DS is slowly nearing the Axe of Faustus (When its no longer profitable). Something has to be done, soon. Or DS will simply cease to exist.

GothThug {C?}
Fleet Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-26 02:52   
Okay, you all had your say, and i've remained quite quiet not responding to a thread like this...so i will respond to this by saying

Sam, dahhling, hunneh, its not gonna happen....the damage is already done....in fact most of the players who are complaining about bombing are the ones who got to their ranks (Admiral-Grand Admiral) by bombing for it...whereas...me, Krissooo, you, Leonide, Deadly Assassin etc have gotten it souly on building...and i cant even begin to describe how much of a dictatorship of Darkspace Asia was...it was horrible.....

Trust me this place is a paradise compared to DS Asia....The Mods were very corrupt, The Admins MORESO, and let me tell ya.....you think theyre more corrupt here? i dont think so!....over there they played Favoritism and did favors for friends...Here its not so...

This message i give to you is from someone who you guys know....however, im giving alittle bit of information from my own mind...basically the entire playerbase of DS Asia went in there to Greif Newbies...but it didnt stop there...no no...

So...Sam...i sorta like your idea....but my main point is...The DAMAGE has already been done...therefore...you cannot Fix a broken bridge thats been broken for over 3 years...it is Folley.....lets just hope 484 will fix this mess...or will it? time will tell

Email GothThug {C?}
doda *EP5 no longer exception...*
Grand Admiral

Posted: 2008-02-26 09:00   
Well in my opinion what helped break the back of darkspace asia was not an unmodded mv. It was modding. If anyone remembered. Darkspace asia decided to switch to a modded mv. As a result of this people were just running around steam rolling systems to the ground. This only led to resentment between between the two sides. Which sides started using tactics that some look down upon like ie jd circumventing, only small ships, etc. This did nothing but help fuel the hatred between the two sides. So there were more flame wars including flame wars in the lobby. People also started to play less. On the final few weeks of DSA, the mv was prettymuch a ghost town.

Monkey (USF Exodus)
Fleet Admiral
Lethal Assault Group

Posted: 2008-02-26 10:09   
if i remeber correctly (this is a little off topic but i feel it neccessary to defend my friends who were part of the staff of dsa)

i dont recall the mods or admin ever acting with any bias during my time playing. and afaik, there wasnt any greifing of newbies going on (certainly not by my definition)

like doda said, dsa was actually most active during this period of non-modded mv. people might hav been a bit shocked wen they came into mv and were told not to mod, but they did end up likeing it to a degree

Email Monkey (USF Exodus)   Goto the website of Monkey (USF Exodus)
Drafell
Grand Admiral
Mythica

Posted: 2008-02-26 10:50   
Given the heightened priority that we now have to get Beta rolled out - No.

There are other reasons too which have already been stated by the playerbase.

Sorry.

Goto the website of Drafell
Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Marshal
Exathra Alliance Fleet

Posted: 2008-02-27 07:49   
Im siding with Osiris on this one

Quod nos non interficit, nos fortiores facitrnrn

Email Admiral Alucard (2IC)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Page created in 0.021565 seconds.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024 Palestar Inc. All rights reserved worldwide.
Terms of use - DarkSpace is a Registered Trademark of PALESTAR